CountAbout is an online personal finance solution that surpasses the security and ease of use of the other popular commercial solutions on the market while offering complete privacy, zero advertising, and no selling of your personal data. This mobile app syncs your data quickly and securely so you can access your data on the go and easily categorize new transactions daily.
• See your account balances at a glance and drill down to easily see running balances for those accounts
• Add new transactions in seconds and edit existing transactions
• Categorize new transactions daily within seconds from all of your linked banking, credit card, or loan accounts (a paid CountAbout account is required to link and automatically download transactions for your accounts)
• Easy access to budget and category widgets on your account
• Full SSL encryption and the ability to set a 4-digit PIN to secure your app data
• We do not track your usage, there is no advertising, your data is completely private and we will never collect or sell your personal information. We don't even keep your name, the only thing we know about you is your email address!
1. Bug Fix on Split Transaction Screen
Ratings and Reviews
Categories are great ltd function for new card
CountAbout is great in that I found it more customizable than other financial apps out there; it is smart in that it can anticipate your clearance for transaction and awaits your approval. The mobile version however doesn't seem to have functionality to add new cards as of early winter 2017.
Former Quicken User
After using Quicken for 22 years I wanted something online with strong security and the ability to import all my Quicken data. CountAbout in a web browser is the answer. It imported seamlessly.
For me the CountAbout app is the perfect complement to the web browser account. I can view all accounts, add or edit transactions on-the-go, do a search, etc. For more detailed work (e.g., setting up recurring transactions) it’s no problem to wait until I’m on a browser. But for the first time in 22 years I have my financial data at my fingertips via the iPhone and iPad apps.
Also the customer service is extraordinary through secure messages. Quick and thorough responses. I couldn’t be more pleased.
Reports need work
I’ve been looking for something to use instead of Quicken, which has become very problematic. This is a great alternative. The best thing is, I was able to import all my Quicken information easily and quickly.
The only frustration I have with this app is that the font on reports is so small that they are nearly impossible to read. Many features on this app are customizable. I don’t understand why I can’t customize font size on the reports that I want to print.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.