CPT® QuickRef from the American Medical Association
The CPT QuickRef app puts all the coding and billing tools that you need in the palm of your hand. Developed by the American Medical Association (AMA), this on-the-go reference guide quickly helps you determine the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes to use for accurate billing. (This app provides suggested codes. Final code selection remains the responsibility of the individual user.)
CPT QuickRef is the only official mobile app from the AMA – the source of the CPT codeset, and experts to provide authoritative information about CPT codes and proper use. E/M codes are the most frequently used codes and arguably the most difficult to assign. The E/M Wizard (included in the free trial and with any single or multiyear Coding & Billing Pack purchase) will help physicians and qualified health care professionals select the right code according to AMA and CMS coding guidelines
The app includes a 14-day trial of full access, after which in-app purchase or activation is required. Choose a single year Coding and Billing Pack,
• Updated E/M Wizard – New 2021 guidelines for coding office & outpatient visits by time and medical decision making (coming in October)
• The latest information — Receive automatic when new relative value units (RVUs) and proprietary laboratory analysis (PLA) codes are released or when technical corrections are made to 2021 CPT codes
• Favorites — Select the codes you use most and save them to your favorites list
• Facility and non-facility RVUs — Use federal data on facility and non-facility work and practice expense values
• GPCIs — Set your region’s geographic practice cost index to calculate accurate Medicare payment for each procedure
• Global days — Reference the number of global days CMS assigns to a given procedure
• Color illustrations — Better understand complex procedures with 200+ procedural illustrations
• Clear references to CPT® Assistant articles — View article titles and tap for direct access with the CPT Assistant Archive add-on
• Over 4,400 Vignettes – understand exactly what procedures each code represents with typical patient and service descriptions
Added in new support tools to be more responsive to customers, including
- Ability to purchase any codeset from 2018-2021
- New MultiYear package for all codesets 2018-2021
- Search enhancements to autosuggest after entering 3 digits of a CPT® code
- Easier registration and activation process
- Free 14-day trial of full app
- General Bug Fixes and Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I had similar issues as the other reviewers giving it single stars. You HAVE to register Or sign in through the settings menu in the app. Otherwise you will still be locked out of the content. No issues with app itself, just need to follow instructions. I just wish the app was cheaper, hopefully it’ll be in good use.
Buggy, Slow and a Rip Off
App was terribly slow and glitchy and would not let me see the 2020 content after I repeatedly signed in and have purchased it
Rats. Wish I had read these reviews before my recent purchase. Clearly I’m not the only one having access troubles after purchasing “access”.
And I’m one of the apparently many who thought I was purchasing content rather than access.
Just caved and re-purchased after multiple calls and emails with customer service failed to restore my access. Figured I’d go ahead and buy 2020. Still can’t get access. And what I’m thinking is it won’t work until 2020 - because this lousy app still won’t acknowledge that I paid for 2019.
To add insult to injury, I just gave 60 bucks to an organization I rarely agree with and have never joined.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. If you cannot access 2020 purchased content, please make sure you are logged in and selected 2020 in Settings.
Contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if this does not help.
- American Medical Association
- 29.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © CPT® 2020 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
- In-App Purchases
- CPT E/M Premium Pack $9.99
- CPT E/M All Content 2017
- Single Year 2020 $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.