When FTL meets Foundation and Dune: Crying Suns is a tactical rogue-lite that puts you in the role of a space fleet commander as you explore a mysteriously fallen empire. In this story rich experience inspired by Dune and Foundation, each successful run will uncover the truth about the Empire... and yourself as well.
- Space exploration in a procedurally-generated universe
- Tactical fights between battleships and their squadron fleets
- More than 300 possible story events
- A deep and dramatic storyline structured in 6 chapters
- A dark and disturbing atmosphere inspired by our favorite S-F universes (Foundation, Dune, Battlestar Galactica)
First released on PC and Mac, the indie hit Crying Suns was carefully redesigned for mobile and tablets, including a revamped interface and intuitive touchscreen interactions.
Pay once to get the full Crying Suns experience! No ads, no F2P mechanics! All future updates included.
Supported languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese
If you encounter any problem, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible on the issue.
- Many performance improvements, especially during fights and cutscenes
- Optimization of memory usage that was causing crashes of the game
- Fix a bug preventing officers to be earned during the run
- Fixed invisible Kaliban
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I never thought I would be sitting for over 6 hours
I this is one of the best games I ever played man thank you for this game🥺 you guys put so much story and badassery it’s just so fun and challenging you build up good stuff and lose it when you die so you go again and each time you never know will this pay out or will my crew and I die? Is machine some sadistic construct to that I’m doomed as well as the crew to do this forever? Have I been at this for 20 years?holy crap it’s been 7 hours ?! Really thank you guys for this game!i never write review you didn’t ask for one but it would been a sin not to it’s so deserving and how clever of a little game this really is! Genius really. Any sci-fi, strategy, etc gamer get this game I just can’t believe how fun it is. I know the devs prob won’t read this but I gotta ask?make me a character? Jk I’m jk no but I am curios the battles feel inspired by the civilization game starships I think it’s called not sure but better, also The going to different worlds like you do I’m away in this game idk why made me feel like a captain in star track but way cooler honestly my guesses were so much better than what I stated and I had a third but I’ve been playing your great game so long I honestly can’t think straight haha ima take a break more like force myself too thanks again guys this game is a gem
• Story Engaging (No long wall text) that assault eyes like some games. Very well written, easy to follow.. deep story w/ linear conversation tree mechanic - meant to give you deeper understanding of story, by asking questions. Which you will !
• Onion layers here with the depth of...
- Ship Abilities
- Officer Abilities
- Cool Down Abilities
- Rock, Paper & Scissor Mechanics (a classic game mechanic)
• Beautiful Art Work (I’m screen capping all over the place) so I can save as wall paper on my iPad Pro 12.9
• Mixture of Turn Based Tactics & Real Time Strategy.
Civ 6 -meets- Rome Total War?
In regards to mixing these two cadences.
• Compelling, mysterious atmosphere. It will pull you.
• I’m that one strange person, that could never get into FTL, and I tried. Crying Suns does not have FTL vibes to me. It’s own thing in my eyes. Crying Suns gives me XCOM vibes for whatever reason.
I’m still learning this game, about 4 star visits in.. but I had to give this game a 5 star. I’ve been a NON free to play gamer for over 30 years. I know my way around the block - This is a premium gem.
My only wish... in the future it receives PVP.
I would love to test these tactics & strategies versus human minds!
A dark take on FTL, with RTS elements
Really love how they make you feel like a starship commander and the storyline so far, and I’ve only finished chapter 1! A few things keep it from being 5 stars. 1. The graphics feel a bit small and are sometimes hard to parse, I can’t imagine this playable on a smaller screen than 11”. Would love some kind of zoom when selecting tiles, even just a little would help a lot. I don’t need to see both ships when I’m telling my drones where to fly for example. 2. Some of the pixel art doesn’t seem to scale down right, like the terrain on surface missions looks like a mess of pixels, I tried the PC demo and they were clear there. Not sure what resolution this is running, but give us a higher resolution level for iPad pros! 2. The controls are mostly well implemented, but I can’t figure out how to cancel ship weapons without restarting their timers, and I’ve accidentally bought things in shops because I swiped too slow since there isn’t a confirm box there. Little things like that are frustrating. Overall though I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys spaceship combat, strategy, or who loved FTL. Can’t wait to play more!
- Humble Bundle, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- ©2020 ALT SHIFT. CRYING SUNS IS DEVELOPED BY ALT SHIFT AND PUBLISHED BY HUMBLE GAMES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.