When FTL meets Foundation and Dune: Crying Suns is a tactical rogue-lite that puts you in the role of a space fleet commander as you explore a mysteriously fallen empire. In this story rich experience inspired by Dune and Foundation, each successful run will uncover the truth about the Empire... and yourself as well.
- Space exploration in a procedurally-generated universe
- Tactical fights between battleships and their squadron fleets
- More than 300 possible story events
- A deep and dramatic storyline structured in 6 chapters
- A dark and disturbing atmosphere inspired by our favorite S-F universes (Foundation, Dune, Battlestar Galactica)
First released on PC and Mac, the indie hit Crying Suns was carefully redesigned for mobile and tablets, including a revamped interface and intuitive touchscreen interactions.
Pay once to get the full Crying Suns experience! No ads, no F2P mechanics! All future updates included.
Supported languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese
If you encounter any problem, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible on the issue.
- New feature: players can now export & import save files, allowing the manual loading of a PC/Mac save on Mobile or a Mobile save on PC/Mac (see new item in Options menu)
- The game is now paused when the app enters background activity
- Fixed a crash when entering a red system
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, just one suggestion
I downloaded this game because of the App Store recommendation, and I was not let down. The visuals and story are mysterious and interesting and the music is great. I love how some elements are clearly influenced by other science fiction games/films/books such as the intro cutscene, which appears to be heavily inspired by The Matrix. The combat takes some getting used to, partially because I have not discovered a way to review old tutorials, but once you gain a basic understanding it becomes much more fluid and engaging. One suggestion: I would greatly appreciate if you make it so that you can select a ship’s target/route before it actually spawns on the battlefield? I find it annoying to have to pause the action to place the squadron, unpause to let it spawn, and then pause again to select enemy squadrons or systems.
A dark take on FTL, with RTS elements
Really love how they make you feel like a starship commander and the storyline so far, and I’ve only finished chapter 1! A few things keep it from being 5 stars. 1. The graphics feel a bit small and are sometimes hard to parse, I can’t imagine this playable on a smaller screen than 11”. Would love some kind of zoom when selecting tiles, even just a little would help a lot. I don’t need to see both ships when I’m telling my drones where to fly for example. 2. Some of the pixel art doesn’t seem to scale down right, like the terrain on surface missions looks like a mess of pixels, I tried the PC demo and they were clear there. Not sure what resolution this is running, but give us a higher resolution level for iPad pros! 2. The controls are mostly well implemented, but I can’t figure out how to cancel ship weapons without restarting their timers, and I’ve accidentally bought things in shops because I swiped too slow since there isn’t a confirm box there. Little things like that are frustrating. Overall though I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys spaceship combat, strategy, or who loved FTL. Can’t wait to play more!
• Story Engaging (No long wall text) that assault eyes like some games. Very well written, easy to follow.. deep story w/ linear conversation tree mechanic - meant to give you deeper understanding of story, by asking questions. Which you will !
• Onion layers here with the depth of...
- Ship Abilities
- Officer Abilities
- Cool Down Abilities
- Rock, Paper & Scissor Mechanics (a classic game mechanic)
• Beautiful Art Work (I’m screen capping all over the place) so I can save as wall paper on my iPad Pro 12.9
• Mixture of Turn Based Tactics & Real Time Strategy.
Civ 6 -meets- Rome Total War?
In regards to mixing these two cadences.
• Compelling, mysterious atmosphere. It will pull you.
• I’m that one strange person, that could never get into FTL, and I tried. Crying Suns does not have FTL vibes to me. It’s own thing in my eyes. Crying Suns gives me XCOM vibes for whatever reason.
I’m still learning this game, about 4 star visits in.. but I had to give this game a 5 star. I’ve been a NON free to play gamer for over 30 years. I know my way around the block - This is a premium gem.
My only wish... in the future it receives PVP.
I would love to test these tactics & strategies versus human minds!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Humble Bundle, Inc.
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2020 ALT SHIFT. CRYING SUNS IS DEVELOPED BY ALT SHIFT AND PUBLISHED BY HUMBLE GAMES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.