DateStamper allows you to apply beautiful date stamps to your photos.
"DateStamper brings back old memories for me ... It looks good, it gets the job done, and it's nicely integrated with Apple's Photos app."
– MacStories Editor-in-chief and Founder, Federico Viticci
The modern photo date stamp is here! Easily add a date stamp to your photos — and include location and a caption if you’d like — so you can know when or where they were taken. This is especially useful when printing pictures to display in albums and scrapbooks. The best feature of point and shoot cameras is now available on your iPhone, and better than ever.
◦ With many fonts, colors, and styles to choose from, you can get just the look you want*
◦ The vibrant style beautifully blends the date into the photograph, allowing the image behind the date to shine through
◦ Or go with a classic look with the traditional digital display font
◦ Add a background color, stroke, shadow, underline, and adjust opacity
◦ Customize the date and time format
◦ Use the date taken, date created, current date, or a custom date
◦ Add the location where your photos were taken — name, address, GPS coordinates, or custom text
◦ Add your own caption
◦ Adjust the placement with position and padding options, and change the order of the text
◦ Easily select photos from your library to stamp — select each individually, swipe to select, select a range, or select all photos in an album
◦ Stamp multiple photos at the same time**
◦ Take a new picture with the stamp pre-applied
◦ Use the DateStamper plugin to stamp images in the Photos app
◦ Edits are applied right on top of the photo in your library, no duplicating necessary
◦ Remove or change a date stamp at any time, it's completely nondestructive
◦ With iCloud Photos, when you apply a date stamp on one device, it will appear on all your other devices automatically
◦ Beautiful and intuitive design
◦ Ad-free experience
◦ Split View and Drag and Drop support
◦ Full accessibility support including Dynamic Type and VoiceOver
◦ Universal app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple silicon Mac
* Premium Styles is an available in-app purchase that allows you to utilize all of the style options
** Unlimited Batch is an available in-app purchase that allows you to stamp more than 10 photos at a time
This update includes various minor enhancements and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! Exactly what I needed!
My brother was in a custody battle with his ex wife and we had tons of pictures and evidence on our phones but in order for them to be able to be used in court the have to be time and date stamped. This app uses the metadata stored in your phone and does it flawlessly. You will have to pay the $1.99 and the $2.99 fees to upgrade to full features but it is worth $5.00 if you really need pictures dated and timed! The only suggestion I have for this app is it has the ability to select all pictures in your album to stamp but does not have the ability to select all pictures to restore to original. I only suggest that because I have 6000 pictures in my album but only needed 700 stamped. Because I didn’t want all my family photos stamped I had to go through the album and just choose the ones I wanted. Overall great app! I’m sure I will be using again and again! And thank you!!
I needed this app! I’ve been spending a lot of time individually date stamping or adding to a date stamp by another program. DateStamper is flexible with data display, fonts, colors, positions and formats. Changing color insures that I can always read my date stamp against a very bright or very dark ocean, and any color in between. For my personal research project, I often take over one hundred photos at a time, and I need the date, time, location and my name assigned to each photo. DateStamper reads the photo’s metadata (info from camera) and applies it to the photo. I purchased the expanded program on a one-time purchase, and I’m glad I did!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for writing a review and thanks for supporting the app with your purchase!
Revised to 5-Stars
UPDATED review. It was the light areas on the photo that made it unable to see the stamp. I did an all dark shot and it was fine. Also, the developer wrote back with help if needed and very promptly. Thank you for that!! I upgraded to the paid version because I’m going to be wanting more options. Great app.
[Even though I moved the stamp around, it still wasn’t visible...I think the areas were too light.]
I was excited about this app and it all seemed to go smoothly. I tried a few photos and it says the date stamp was added but it wasn’t. I don’t know what I’m missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
Developer Response ,
Awesome! Thanks for the update. Happy I could help. ☺️
If you don’t see the stamp on the photo afterwards, check your Styles options. By default the stamp is blended into the photo with the Vibrant style which can be difficult to see on some photos. Try the Solid style with your desired color. Let me know if that does the trick by updating your review!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jordan Hipwell
- 4.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Jordan Hipwell
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Batch $3.99
- Premium Styles $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.