DateStamper allows you to apply beautiful date stamps overtop your photos – and include time, GPS location, and custom captions if you'd like.
"DateStamper brings back old memories for me ... It looks good, it gets the job done, and it's nicely integrated with Apple's Photos app."
– MacStories Editor-in-chief and Founder, Federico Viticci
The modern photo date stamp is here! Easily add a stamp to your photos so you can remember when or where they were taken. This is especially useful when printing pictures to display in albums and scrapbooks, preserving your memories. The best feature of point and shoot cameras is now available on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac (and better than ever).
◦ With many fonts, colors, and styles to choose from, you can get just the look you want*
◦ The vibrant style beautifully blends the date into the photograph, allowing the image behind the date to shine through
◦ Or go with a classic look with the traditional digital display font
◦ Add a background color, stroke, shadow, underline, and adjust opacity
◦ Customize the date and time format
◦ Use the date taken, date created, current date, or a custom date
◦ Add the location where your photos were taken — name, address, GPS coordinates, or custom text
◦ Add your own caption
◦ Adjust the placement with position and padding options, and change the order of the text
◦ Easily select photos from your library to stamp — select each individually, select a range, or select all photos in an album
◦ Stamp multiple photos at the same time**
◦ Use the DateStamper edit extension to stamp a photo directly in the Photos app
◦ Edits are applied right on top of the photo in your library, no duplicating necessary
◦ Remove or change a date stamp at any time, it's completely nondestructive
◦ With iCloud Photos, when you apply a date stamp on one device, it will appear on all your other devices automatically
◦ Beautiful and intuitive design
◦ Accessibility support
◦ Universal app for Mac, iPad, and iPhone
◦ No ads, no tracking, no subscriptions
* Premium Styles is an available in-app purchase that allows you to utilize all of the style options
** Unlimited Batch is an available in-app purchase that allows you to stamp more than 10 photos at a time
This update includes minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! Exactly what I needed!
My brother was in a custody battle with his ex wife and we had tons of pictures and evidence on our phones but in order for them to be able to be used in court the have to be time and date stamped. This app uses the metadata stored in your phone and does it flawlessly. You will have to pay the $1.99 and the $2.99 fees to upgrade to full features but it is worth $5.00 if you really need pictures dated and timed! The only suggestion I have for this app is it has the ability to select all pictures in your album to stamp but does not have the ability to select all pictures to restore to original. I only suggest that because I have 6000 pictures in my album but only needed 700 stamped. Because I didn’t want all my family photos stamped I had to go through the album and just choose the ones I wanted. Overall great app! I’m sure I will be using again and again! And thank you!!
Dates for printed pics AWESOME!!
I am an early childhood educator and I print photos for each parent as a Christmas gift each year. I love the fact that I can print the date on each pic for future reference. This current generation will be lucky if they ever hold a picture of themselves in their hands and digital data is so easily lost. I love knowing that the children will be able to look at these pictures of their childhoods until they are old and gray. update- figured out you can change the date on a screen shot from a video that you edited after the video taken date! Extra sweet!!
Developer Response ,
I love this 🥺 happy to hear the app enables you to do this!
I needed this app! I’ve been spending a lot of time individually date stamping or adding to a date stamp by another program. DateStamper is flexible with data display, fonts, colors, positions and formats. Changing color insures that I can always read my date stamp against a very bright or very dark ocean, and any color in between. For my personal research project, I often take over one hundred photos at a time, and I need the date, time, location and my name assigned to each photo. DateStamper reads the photo’s metadata (info from camera) and applies it to the photo. I purchased the expanded program on a one-time purchase, and I’m glad I did!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for writing a review and thanks for supporting the app with your purchase!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jordan Hipwell
- 3.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Jordan Hipwell
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Batch $9.99
- Premium Styles $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.