From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Des Moines Register app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.desmoinesregister.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
As always, we're fixing bugs and improving performance!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good information and released in a timely manner. I don’t stay logged in though on my phone and it drives me crazy. I’m logged in and then all of a sudden it will tell me I just have 6 free articles. I would like it to be more user-friendly, sometimes I click the app, sometimes I click an article from Facebook or Twitter. It doesn’t always work.
This app is awful. It doesn’t work well with a password protection program. When I log on through my password protection program, it takes me to the manage account section. If I click on the register link at the the top of that section, it brings up news from multiple dates and doesn’t even have the date at the top of the story. And sometimes I get to a place where I am asked to log in again. I want to read today’s paper! I want to have one log in place that gives links to today’s paper, archives and search, and subscription management,
Suddenly extremely slow to load
App has never been anything spectacular, but at least it worked for getting Des Moines Register news coverage. However, around a week ago it started taking a loooong time to load the list of articles every time I open the app. Sometimes it wouldn’t load at all. Something seems to have changed that caused the performance to go from a very vast/instant load to a long delay that often makes the app unusable.
- 196.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Des Moines Register Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.