From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Des Moines Register app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($4.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.desmoinesregister.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We've updated our gallery experience for better viewing of images.
• As usual, we've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Why can’t I read the paper?
All I want is the paper! In it’s normal format. The Des Moines Register’s online is hard to navigate. I don’t understand why they don’t just post the daily paper. It will only take this review if I give 5 stars! Every “nickname” comes back taken.
This app is awful. It doesn’t work well with a password protection program. When I log on through my password protection program, it takes me to the manage account section. If I click on the register link at the the top of that section, it brings up news from multiple dates and doesn’t even have the date at the top of the story. And sometimes I get to a place where I am asked to log in again. I want to read today’s paper! I want to have one log in place that gives links to today’s paper, archives and search, and subscription management,
Des Moines subscriber
This App is the worst newspaper app on my phone! I can’t enter the app even when I put in my email address & password. It says I have an account but it won’t me in unless I use Facebook. Finally I go the App Store daily & can read through the app in the App Store until I hit the limit for the app. Even when I attempt to sign in it won’t allow me full unlimited access despite being a delivery subscriber for a decade! I can read newspapers from around the world that I subscribe to, but not the Des Moines Register!
- 233.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Des Moines Register Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.