Search, study, and listen to the entire Deseret Book library with this powerful app. Deseret Bookshelf has been completely redesigned, making it the most comprehensive LDS audiobook player and eBook reader available.
Start with 8 free eBooks and access to over 200 other free titles. Then you can either purchase individual ebooks, talks and audiobooks OR subscribe to Bookshelf PLUS and access the entire audiobook library and over 1500 ebooks and talks.
● Get recommendations on audiobooks and eBooks.
● Find plenty of free titles, ready for you to enjoy.
● Download an audiobook or eBook with a single tap.
● Add titles to your digital wishlist
● View the items you last opened on any of your synced devices.
● Listen to over 700 audiobooks and talks.
● Navigate between chapters and fast-forward or rewind by 30 seconds.
● Select Normal, Night, or Sepia reading modes.
● Customize fonts, font size, and line spacing.
● Switch between Page-view and scroll-view options.
● Switch between several open eBooks with tabbed reading.
● Save and restore study sessions with several items open at once.
● Access and back-up your notes, highlights, and bookmarks across devices.
● Search the entire Deseret Book digital library (over 6,000,000 pages) in seconds.
● Narrow your search through your personal library, the standard works, a conference session, or a single book.
● Find exact phrases, any, or all search terms.
● Easily switch between your library and search results
● Access thousands of quotes in our quote vault which you can find by author, topic, or source.
● Get a spiritual thought or to help you begin your day right.
● Mark favorite quotes and add them to the vault.
● Find the source of favorite quotes, and explore the content more deeply.
● Receive daily inspiration with a new quote delivered to your device. Set a reminder on a daily or weekly basis.
● Easily share favorite passages with anyone through email, Facebook, and Twitter with image quotes.
● Tell your networks what books and authors you’re reading
Download the app and create an account to receive 8 free classic LDS titles, plus a free audiobook:
1) Increase in Learning - David A. Bednar
2) Power of Everyday Missionaries - Clayton M. Christensen
3) Beginning of Better Days - Sheri Dew, Virginia Pearce
4) Be Your Best Self - Thomas S. Monson
5) Jesus the Christ - James E. Talmage
6) Lectures on Faith - Joseph Smith
7) Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
8) Gospel Doctrine - Joseph F. Smith
Plus the entire Standard Works, LDS lesson manuals, and General Conference talks. LDS scripture references within eBooks are linked to the entire standard works, allowing you to easily explore scriptural connections within your library.
PLUS your choice of the following audio:
● Recovering Charles
● Joseph Smith, The Early Years
● Jesus of Nazareth, Volume 1
Shop our eBook store for over 3,000 LDS eBook titles and other world classics from your favorite authors. Shop our audio store for over 500 titles. Download many official Church publications for free, including curriculum materials and reference books.
Bookshelf PLUS includes access to every single Deseret Audiobook and over 1500 ebooks and talks.
Need more help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This version fixes multiple issues with audio playback. It also introduces the following new features:
* Improved audio playback speed options for audio books.
* Improved library view making it easier and more discoverable to create and manage your collections.
Ratings and Reviews
Comparing different book apps and selections
As I’ve become more of a tech user in books and less of a television watcher in my illness, I’ve subscribed to many different audible and reader applications.... when you found this app available, I nearly immediately turned off and cancelled every other subscription and app for books and audiobooks.
This selection of not only gospel and spiritual books and audiobooks is remarkable. It would take endless time to read everything available on that subject alone plus all the new books that become available over the months.
It also has a hugely exciting and endless supply of fiction, nonfiction autobiographical books, and children’s books and historical fictional books like “ the work and the glory” type series. And historically accurate books to read and listen to.
I love having this available to read or to play while painting, driving, cleaning, cooking or anything else I might be doing during the day. Thank you Deseret Book and I HIGHLY recommend this over any other book reading, audiobook app!
Some things could be more streamlined but the selection and diverse availability of how one can take advantage of it by listening and or read! 5stars A’s an overall review😀
Love the app - wish it had a few more features
I love this app and enjoy using it daily. It’s become my number one source for gospel study as well as clean fiction reading.
As I was reading a book, I realized it was also available as an audio book. I thought it would be amazing if there was a way to read a book while listening to it at the same time. Then the message would really sink in.
Could the app managers create an option where we could read text and listen to a book at the same time?
I also wish choosing a book was more intuitive. Some of the books don’t have the listen or download button. You have to actually click on the picture of the book to open it. Because of this, a new user has no idea how to actually access some of the titles. Example- Now is your time by Russell M. Nelson.
I’m so happy to be able to access all of the books from my phone. Thanks for continuing to update the app.
App needs improvement
The content is great, but the app needs major improvements. When listening with headphones and using audio controls on Apple Watch or on my headphones, or even radio controls in the car the app lets you pause just fine, but then you have to open the app on your phone to play it again. This is not just sloppy programming, but downright dangerous when listening in the car. It says that you can download audiobooks to your device, but any attempt I made to do so failed, forcing me to use my data plan to stream it, or to stay only where I have WiFi access. The interface doesn’t let you see audio controls with cover art, and instead gives you these controls with a list of all chapters, making it very easy to accidentally skip to another chapter.
On a positive note, I do like that it displays how much time is left in each chapter, and that I have the option to download an mp3 copy of the book when I purchase it.
Other than that, I feel that this app leaves much to be desired. The Audible and Apple Books apps are much more like the interface that should be provided instead of this mess. Again, the content is great, and very uplifting, but this app makes it quite difficult to enjoy the content when it needs so much work to make it worth listening to.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Deseret Book Digital
- 78 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Deseret Book Company
- In-App Purchases
- Bookshelf Plus Meme Pack $0.99