Develop your film with a smile!
Develop! Film Development Timer is a flexible and elegant timer suitable for film and darkroom use. Create your own development recipes through a very simple and intuitive process. As many steps as you need with multiple intervals per step. It is entirely up to you, you are in full control.
- Darkroom Mode: A minimalist red-on-black theme for darkroom use
- Flexible: As many recipes as you like, as many steps per recipe as you like. Name your steps however you like. Record notes however you like.
- Intuitive: Minimalist, elegant interface gets out of your way so there is nothing standing between you and your photography. Large timer is visible across the room.
- Intervals: An integrated interval timer makes it easy to do things like “for this step please beep after the first minute and then every 30 seconds". You’ll know at-a-glance how much time until your next inversion.
- Nostalgia: Great faux leather vulcanite covering
- Import: Import recipes directly from FilmDev.org
- Share. Tweet and post your recipes. Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo are all supported.
No more excuses that you lost track of time or forgot to agitate at a 30 seconds interval -- this is a thing of the past. Concentrate on being the best photographer and alchemist you can be, leave the timing to Develop!. Now go out there and shoot a roll of film! Good luck!
100% free. Always.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Bug fixes. Temporarily removing notifications. (They'll be back).
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says Awesome!
So many apps make simple stuff complicated. Not this one! Perfect for film development timing. I realized midway through my first use of it that wet rubber gloves we’re gonna be a problem to tap “next” but guess what? The target is the whole screen instead of some tiny button so elbows are totally sufficient. I didn’t try the voice prompting yet but that sounds like a good option if you don’t feel silly talking to your phone in the darkroom.
Very easy and intuitive to add a recipe by copying one of the templates.
I’d pay money for it if it wasn’t free! ;)
Pretty cool little app - I really have enjoyed using it so far. But there is one thing that annoys me and there is room for expansion and improvement! The thing that bothers me is not being able to fill in additional information for a description on what to do during interval timers, for example, 'rotate one agitation' every 30 sec, etc. Also, there is so much room for growth! This app is off on the right foot and is pretty cool, but I'd someday like to see additional links and resources, or example developing charts, or even a partnership with MassiveDevChart to be able to easily look up your developing time from the app itself (and be able to create a recipe from that time, where it auto-fills in the information for you)... Just thoughts! Great start though, and it's the most useful app out there for developing right now IMO.
I really like this app... very easy and handy to use. It's a great little timer--the thing is, you have to know your process and have your numbers down. Be sure of your times and temps--this app will make your life easier in the darkroom but it needs the right info from you.
Using the Massive Dev Chart (online) you can write up a number of "recipes" for all your developers and films etc and plug them into the app--which is what I have done and it's extremely handy. Be sure to turn your sound on for the pleasant little chime and you're good to go! Happy developing!
The developer, Todd Breslow, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Todd Breslow
- 105.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Todd Breslow