Understand Your Energy Usage and Costs with the Direct Energy App!
The Direct Energy App is your trusted, on-the-go tool that can help you buy less of what we sell. And who doesn’t want to save on energy costs? It’s time you understand your energy bill and see how you can reduce your use and save. The Direct Energy App makes it easy to manage your account and energy usage from your fingertips! You’ll be able to monitor your daily energy usage (and what that means dollars and cents wise), what appliances use the most energy, and more. Plus, you can pay your bill, renew or transfer your service, enroll in rewards, and update your account settings all from your smartphone or tablet!
GETTING STARTED IS SIMPLE:
1. Download the App. It’s free!
2. Login with the same Username and Password as your Direct Energy Online Account Manager.
3. Once you’re logged in, start exploring all the App has to offer.
MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT:
• PAY YOUR BILL: Set up bill payments automatically from your credit card, bank debit card, or bank account. Or pay directly THROUGH the app!
• MONITOR ENERGY USAGE: With the Direct Your Energy usage insights tool, you can analyze your energy usage to make informed decisions that can help you use less energy. Compare your current usage with usage from prior days, weeks, and/or year to learn how energy is used in your home. View a breakdown of how your home products and appliances impact your electricity bill. Other features include bill estimates based on weather forecasts, usage comparison to similar homes in your area, and a home profile to help you improve your energy efficiency. [Texas Smart Meter Customers]
• RENEW YOUR SERVICE: Loving Direct Energy, but your current contract is about to expire? With the App you can easily renew your service! We’ll give you a range of available plans and rates available for your home, and you can choose the one that’s best for you.
• TRANSFER YOUR SERVICE: Are you moving to a new home? Want to bring Direct Energy with you? With the App you can set easily set up move-in and move-out dates from your smartphone or table. [Available only to Texas customers]
• SPECIAL OFFERS: The App will give you access to sign up for great products and new offers. You can also enroll in the excellent Plenti Rewards program, allowing you to earn points at one place and use them at another.
• CONTROL YOUR THERMOSTAT: Do you have a Nest Learning Thermostat in your home? The App allows you to control your thermostat and have access to all of your Nest data wherever and whenever you are.
• STAY CONNECTED: We like keeping in touch with our friends, so the Direct Energy App allows you to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, our blog, and more. This way, you’ll never miss the great tips, hints, links, and fun stuff we share each and every day.
• CONTACT US: The Direct Energy App puts you in direct contact with our friendly Customer Service representatives via phone or e-mail. We know you have questions, so we want you to get the answers you deserve.
For more information about the Direct Energy mobile app, please visit us online at www.directenergy.com/app.
Bugfixes & fix to app crash
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a "confirm payment" page
The app itself is alright, but when you pay your bill, it doesn't give you a "Confirm Payment" page. Plus you have to fill in the amount you want to pay manually and they put the previous months amount right above the area where you're entering the amount you want to pay. Because of these two things, and forgetting I'm on auto pay, my bill was paid 3 times and I have to wait 10 days for my money to be refunded. I know that this is my fault for not paying close enough attention, but an additional page to confirm the amount you want to pay could have made me realize that I was paying the wrong amount, and saved myself and their CSR's the time of having to be on the call.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We have recently worked to better our customer experience with our site. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your account details and we would be happy to research it! Thanks - Allie
This company will swing you round and round until you are soo confused you just pay the gargantuan prices... they will not work with you in assistance to vital issues. I own 26 rental properties and of which 19 use Direct Energy. Oh and when someone calls from the “Executive Team”, Havier informed me I was being dishonest as he had all calls reviewed. He argued with me. After he addresssd me as “Jason”, I explained that we are not on a first name basis.. want me to pay high fees, terrible customer service, and never get anything accomplished in your favor.... I can’t urge you enough to shop around and VERIFY ALL INFO YOU RECEIVE IS VALID. Direct Energy is in breach of contract but highly disregarded. Think, review, and analyze everything before getting suckered in and are locked in a contract with incorrect information and pricing. Company offers different rates and promos but refuses to acknowledge. “The system”, I am told has me as a customer since June. This is not true as I was using a different electric. Never been so disappointed and this is so frustrating.
When I originally set up account I called to set up our service and the person was quoted a higher price over the phone that was listed online. I believe I was connected to a third party company that was trying to make additional profit by reselling. ( this number is listed on direct energy website). I decided to call other numbers and I did get the listed price. Upon annual renewal I believe I got the same person again. He was quoting about 50% more than what was offered online. When I asked why he said let me see if I can get you a better price. This is when I decided this company is run by a poor over-site of management. I would have completed the online enrollment but I kept getting a error. Although I was willing to pay about 5% more to renew just to save me time. I don't trust them anymore and I refuse to ever buy my power for Direct Energy. I worry about how many people are taken advantage of.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the miscommunication regarding enrollments and renewal rates. The rates provided on our website are listed as new customer offers only. Renewal rates can be provided by phone or in the customer online portal for review and acceptance. We apologize if this was not thoroughly explained. Should you have additional questions and concerns, please feel free to reach out to us via phone or live chat on our website. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.