Celebrate DOOM’s 25th anniversary with the re-release of the original DOOM (1993), including the expansion, Thy Flesh Consumed, is now available on iOS devices. First released in 1993, DOOM introduced millions of gamers to the fast-paced, white-knuckle, demon-slaying action the franchise is known for.
Relive the birth of the first-person shooter, wherever you go, and experience the classic demon-blasting fun that popularized the genre.
General Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
They finally updated it, and it WOULD have been perfect...
The game runs great (using iPhone 7+) and is the full classic Doom experience! Unfortunately, there are a couple key things missing that hold this port back from greatness:
1) No controller or keyboard support. Doom was originally played using arrow keys and the space bar, no mouse required. Since iOS supports external keyboards, this would have been really cool. iOS also has native controller support, which this port also lacks. It’s a shame to have to use touch controls as they are probably the worst input method for an FPS.
2) Almost no touch control customization. You can adjust the sensitivity of the “look” tracking, but that’s it. No side flipping got south paws, no movement joystick adjustment, to touch zone customization. This stuff is really nice to have if you’re going to force us to use touch controls.
Input controls make or break an action game like this, and I’d say the crossover between classic Doom fans and touch control fans is extremely small. If these were changed, this port would be 5 stars easy.
It’s back! But there are a few parts missing and there’s room for improvement
I’m glad it is back for current iOS software. Love the new opening screen. However, there are plenty of features from older versions for iOS that are missing, namely the option to switch your control scheme and the quick save feature. My gameplay is much more difficult without them. The advertisement also mentioned multiplayer but all I see is a single player option. I don’t know if I have to advance in the game to unlock it or what. I was expecting an updated version of this game, not a re-release as it seems that this is.
Also, I don’t know if this is an issue with the App Store or the developers, but I don’t see Doom II anywhere. There is the Doom II RPG, but not the actual Doom II which was what I was expecting. I also had to search for this app by typing in id software in the search bar rather than just the name of the app/game.
One of my friends think Doom is cr@p and Black Ops 2 is superior. He's dead wrong. This is the godfather of FPS games. Insulting this game is an extremely foolish thing to do. It's like insulting your parents because without them, you wouldn't be here; like if Doom wasn't here, we wouldn't have Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo, etc. Anyways, few flaws which are very minor is the movement feels a bit sluggish. There are also some graphical bugs like enemies overlapping barrels when they're supposed to be behind them or whatever. Also, please change the music back to its original form. My favorite track, The Imp's Song, doesn't sound as good as the original. Still, fantastic game overall. If you love FPS games, definitely get this. Also, please, please, PLEASE port Doom 2. I don't want the cr@ppy RPG, I want the real classic Doom 2 on iOS. That would complete me. PLEASE MAKE IT!!!
- id Software
- 437.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © 2009 id Software LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.