Drambo is an innovative modular groovebox and audio processing environment. Modular components are used to build synthesized and sample based instruments or audio effects using high-quality DSP and audio-rate modulation. Tied to a powerful sequencer, it’s an optimal music creation tool for sound design, composition, performance and experimentation.
At the heart of Drambo lies an entirely new concept that makes modular creations easy, fun and affordable. Modules are connected automatically, with no cables as you add or rearrange them. A dynamic interface creates modulation knobs when you need them. Modules may house other modules, so you can keep your patch well organized. Of course, automatic connections can be overridden. In Drambo you can focus on playing with sound and signal structure without getting lost in wires.
Use a deep and innovative sequencer to compose patterns and whole tracks, for production or live performance. Go beyond simple looping sequences with parameter locking, conditional step components, parameters automation and powerful scene morphing. Drambo works equally well as a self-contained standalone app or audio unit plugin with audio and MIDI connectivity as an AUV3 instrument, audio effect and MIDI effect. No modular experience necessary to get started playing with preset sounds and effects.
You can use Drambo as
• A complete music production and performance environment
• Endless modular playground, that allows you to build, modify and store custom instruments and effects. For instance: build a custom synth, sample and resample, build a Theremin using a gyroscope module, or turn your table into a playable surface, by processing microphone input with physical modelling modules. Get weird or make functional instruments and tools.
• MIDI sequencer, that works with hardware and AUv3 instruments (e.g. Drambo sequences other instruments in an AU host app). Moreover Drambo can generate custom MIDI CC messages or modulation signals to control modular synths via DC coupled interfaces.
• AUv3 synthesizer, effect or sequencer in other DAWs. Drambo can replace a lot of audio plugins. For instance: you may use it as a chorus, phaser, reverb, filter, equalizer, complex modular delay, decimator, frequency shifter, MIDI effect or complex modulator for other synths. You may combine, modulate and sequence them in no time.
• Polyphonic, stereo processing and audio-rate modulation. All signals are equal. Up to 16 voices per modular instrument rack.
• Unique modular concept: cable-less, drag'n'drop, color coding dynamic interface, automatic connections, and customizable compact, rack views.
• Directional flow makes Drambo routing and patching straightforward. Signal flows only left to right, so there are no instant feedback routings in Drambo. Delayed feedback is possible using certain modules.
• Simple and clean interface, that scales to every size and device orientation
• Custom modular racks that can be nested, with presets at the track, rack, and module level.
• Clip launcher / song arrager.
• 16-tracks, polyphonic sequencer with parameter locks, automation and step components. 8 dedicated step sequence editor types, piano-roll, powerful automation designer with drawing modes and cubic Bezier curves.
• Audio Units hosting ( standalone app only )
• Over 130 modules available, such as: oscillators, samplers, physical modelling modules, LFOs, envelope generators, filters, audio effects, mixers, MIDI processors, sequencers and math functions.
• Morph groups: you can morph many parameters using a single slider.
• Available as a standalone app, AUv3 instrument, effect and MIDI effect.
• MIDI, MPE and Ableton Link support
With Drambo, you are in charge. Create the music from your vision to reality.
"Drambo changes the face of iOS music apps." Cult of Mac
Visit https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/ for community content.
- Added: piano roll side keyboard (optional)
- Problems with importing some MIDI files.
- New modules were not visible under Tags section in library browser.
- MIDI mapped tap tempo wasn't working until you open tempo window.
- Crash after exporting presets on iPhone.
- Flexi sampler: Current samples folder was not preserved, when sample was removed by swipe down gesture.
- Flex samokeri: keep settings between sample load. Disable autorecognize sample.
- Waveform view: sometimes loop end marker was not visible.
Ratings and Reviews
This changes everything
I’ve been experimenting with music production on the iPad since the early days of GarageBand on the iPad 1. I’ve tried just about everything that's come out since then, from Korg Gadget to BeatMaker to AUM, and while each has its strengths, every app has invariably left me feeling like it was good “for an app.” Nothing ever truly rivaled the immediacy of a hardware groovebox or the plain versatility of a DAW.
And then Drambo 2.0 came out. Like a light turning on for the first time, I realized that why those other apps never really clicked with me was that they were all trying to transplant workflows that were never really the best fit for the iPad. Drambo is different: its workflow fits the iPad like a glove. Neither fully DAW nor groovebox, it’s its own thing, and what it is is an amazingly fluid and inspiring music workstation.
As far as I’m concerned, Drambo finally delivers on the promise of iPad music production. It was a long time coming – and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
Amazing, One glitch found so far, a few suggestions
I really love this app, it can be as simple or complex as you make it. I love sequencing and I also love to have as much control over my sound as possible, this app really nails both. The use of the QWERTY keyboard as a piano roll and midi mappings is by far my favorite feature. I have found a glitch within the Audio Units feature when using the keyboard. When an audio unit plugin window is open, the keyboard stops functioning. This resolves itself once the window has closed, but I would appreciate the ability to tweak parameters while playing the keys on my keyboard. Also, the ability to search the modules is needed. If I forget where a certain module is, its a pain to hunt it down. iPadOS 15 adds a multi-window shortcut to the top of the display (3 little dots), and this gets in the way of the controls at the top of the screen. Theres not way to turn this off so there will need to be a fix made within Drambo. I tried to contact the developer through their website but got a 404 error. I trust that this will be addressed, every other aspect of the program is remarkable!
Great tool but why add’l purchases...
Drambo is absolutely amazing. It is hands-down the most complete, functional, feature-packed app I’ve ever used. The possibilities are seemingly infinite!
I do find it a little ridiculous that, after spending $20, you then have to pay even more to unlock additional features. 20yrs ago, this would have cost thousands & its size would have taken up half a room. To have something like this now that costs just $20 & fits in the palm of my hand is absolutely incredible. But, when we live in a time in which there are so many apps & so many free options, despite a majority of those apps paling in comparison, people still would mostly settle for free. $20 for an app is almost unheard of, no matter how much value it may produce. When that’s the reality & someone pays $20 for an app, that’s an incredible compliment to the developer. It’s validation. To then tack on additional purchases in the app just seems wrong IMO not saying the devs time isn’t worth anything, but the move reeks of greed.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jaroslaw Jacek
- 126.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BeepStreet
- In-App Purchases
- Waves extension $4.99
- Formants extension $4.99
- DSP extensions 1 $4.99