A new home for PDFs.
Powerful PDF tools at your fingertips. The latest PDF technology and software for a better experience. With an intuitive UI designed for delight – there’s a better way to PDF!
Do your best work with Drawboard.
- Dynamic PDF tools that feel good to use
- Multi-platform access and storage. Where you are, your work is.
- Paperless. A way of working for a sustainable future
TOOLS FOR EVERY JOB
Fast, responsive, and accurate markup tools. Draw with best-in-class ink for flawless Apple Pencil hand-feel and finally replace pen and paper.
CROSS-PLATFORM ACCESS ON ANY DEVICE
Upload your annotated PDFs to the cloud and mark up with others in real time with instant sync. Go Pro in-app for additional storage capacity.
WORK YOUR WAY
Customize your workspace by docking your favorite tools and build a toolbar that works for you!
- Text review markup - freehand highlighter, text highlighter, underline, strikeout, squiggly on PDF.
- Insert text and shapes - cloud tool, rectangle, ellipse, line, arrow, polygon and polyline on PDF.
- Insert images and camera photos onto PDFs.
- Create blank PDFs or from an image.
- Write, annotate, ink and draw on PDFs.
- Customize and edit annotation colors, stroke widths, and opacities.
- Create new blank PDF documents of different size, color, orientation and page count.
- Insert, rotate and delete PDF pages.
- Open, read, mark up and save large and complex PDF documents.
* Fixed alignment issues that could cause some annotations to be misplaced or not appear.
* Fixed a bug where changes outside the app might not appear when reopening a file.
* Fixed problems when removing a file from the app while the file is open.
* Fixed pasting pages.
* Fixed a problem that could cause a cloud tool to create non-cloud rectangles.
Ratings and Reviews
Best pdf app
I love this app! I use it in my iPad, hp laptop, and my phone. It works amazingly on all of them! I read a lot of articles/textbooks since I’m a college student and this app has never failed me. However, I do have one recommendation: consider adding a folder option so that we can better organize pdfs. I have multiple pdfs open that I’m using for different classes and it can be difficult to organize them all, so I frequently get a little frazzled and have to click on each pdf to make sure I have the right one. Add that and you’ll be perfect!
Excessive Crashing and Deleted Progress
I get nervous using this app; although simple to use, it crashes in the middle of my note taking on documents quite often. Typically, it saves the data from right before the crash and everything is fine. Just tonight, I was handwriting my own notes on a blank document with another crash happening. I hop back on thinking my notes will still be there like usual, but it had deleted about an hour’s worth of my handwritten notes. I’m devastated and now have to find time to do the notes all over again in the next few days in between my other school assignments and exam. I want to love this app, but it’s obviously got some bugs and issues that need patched. And not being able to rename a local document is kind of irritating considering there’s only a 10 document limit for Cloud uploads…
Some apps should not be subscription based.
This was my go-to app for PDF annotation. It had a rich feature set, and was not paywalled to an unreasonable degree, when it came to advanced features. However, since I first began using it, the app has turned to a subscription model for their “pro” version, and the functionality of the non-pro version was dramatically reduced.
For example, presets for tools are limited to just a handful without a subscription. This is ridiculous in my view, and at the very least, earlier users should be grandfathered in to a system where a subscription is not necessary to retain what I see as core functionality.
I want anyone who reads this to know that there are alternatives to DrawboardPDF that don’t require a subscription. This subscriptionization of apps like this is pure madness.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Drawboard Pty Ltd
- 92.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2023 Drawboard Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Plus $83.90
- Pro Plus $9.99
- Pro Lite $49.99
- Pro Unlimited $159.99
- Pro Unlimited $18.99
- Pro Lite $5.99