Welcome to E*TRADE. No matter your level of experience, we help simplify investing and trading. Our award-winning app puts everything you need in the palm of your hand—including investing, banking, trading, research, and more.
Download now and start investing today.
Invest on your terms
• Enjoy commission-free online US-listed stock, ETF, and options trades
• Trade mutual funds
• Take the guesswork out of choosing investments with professionally built portfolios
• Get help from real people whenever you need it
Invest with confidence
• Get streaming quotes, charts, and portfolio information
• Access education, comprehensive research, tools, and screeners to spot investment opportunities
• Set alerts and create watchlists for the investments you’re interested in
• Stream live Bloomberg video
• Chat with customer service in the app
Bank and save
• Deposit checks, pay bills, transfer money, and more
• Get unlimited ATM fee refunds with your E*TRADE debit card
• Get rates 17x the national average from E*TRADE Bank Premium Savings Account
Feel safe and secure
• Log on with Touch ID and Face ID support
• Fraud protection—you're not liable for unauthorized use of your account
Investing in securities products involves risk, including possible loss of principal.
1. Read more about the awards E*TRADE received in StockBrokers.com 2019 Online Broker Review: https://about.etrade.com/newsroom/awards-recognition
2. E*TRADE charges $0 commission for online US-listed stock, ETF, and options trades. Exclusions may apply and E*TRADE reserves the right to charge variable commission rates. The standard options contract fee is $0.65 per contract. The retail online $0 commission does not apply to Over-the-Counter (OTC), foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, transaction-fee mutual funds, futures, or fixed income investments. Additional regulatory and exchange fees may apply. For more information about pricing, visit etrade.com/pricing.
With Max-Rate Checking, E*TRADE Bank will not charge you a fee for withdrawing funds from any institution's ATM nationwide but the owner/operator of the ATM may. These fees will automatically be credited to your account. E*TRADE Bank does impose a charge equal to 1% of the transaction amount (including credits and reversals) for non-U.S. currency transactions. In the event E*TRADE Bank in its sole discretion determines that there has been either fraudulent or excessive use of the feature on a given account, E*TRADE Bank reserves the right to remove this feature and not refund the ATM fees. For additional information and important details about how the ATM fee refund will be applied, please visit www.etrade.com/atmrefundpolicy.
National average for savings annual percentage yield (APY) courtesy of Bankrate.com, as of August 2019.
Apple, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Touch ID is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
The E*TRADE Financial family of companies provides financial services including trading, investing and banking products and services to retail customers.
Securities products and services offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC, are not insured by the FDIC, are not guaranteed deposits or obligations of E*TRADE Bank, and are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of the principal invested.
Banking products and services are offered by E*TRADE Bank, a federal savings bank, Member FDIC, or its subsidiaries.
E*TRADE Securities LLC and E*TRADE Bank are separate but affiliated companies.
View End-User License Agreement: https://mobile.etrade.com/etmobile/EULA_2.0.html
System response and account access times may vary due to a variety of factors, including trading volumes, market conditions, system performance, and other factors.
© 2019 E*TRADE Financial Corporation. All rights reserved.
Our latest release includes:
• Dark Mode setting. Choose to view your screen with a dark theme
• Ability to link personal banking accounts directly to your app
• Improvements to our app experience and performance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Terrible updated App!!
Ironically, this is my 3rd time trying to post a review about the terrible updated app E*TRADE forced us to use and to no avail i can’t get my review to post. So here i am trying again!!
So many issues i don’t know where to start. First off, alerts take hours to come through. In portfolios, when you click on a position, it now has an additional step to chose from before you get to Quote View. A me u appears with the choice of: Quote View, Buy, Sell etc, in the old app, if you click on a position you went straight to quote view, if you wanted the additional menu in the old app you would simply hold down on the position for a second or two and it would appear. Quite annoying that they added a step. The worst of the worst, in the new app in Orders it no longer defaults to Open Orders w/ the dates of 3-months ago & today’s date (date range), it stays in the last view parameters (after opening the app & using it), now the stupid part, if an order executed day today, if you check today’s executed orders it’s NOT there. Why?? Because they have it that it shows up on the date the order was entered. So if you have a lot of pending orders from some time ago and one order executes, you better remember the day you entered or you will spend an hour looking for it. How stupid is that!!
You can’t use your money for 3 business days
I absolutely hate that I can’t use my own money to invest for 3 or more days after they receive it. It’s already left my bank account, I know they have it, but they won’t let me invest it immediately. I lost thousands of dollars because of this bull crap. I wanted to buy some stock and I couldn’t because they hadn’t let it be invested yet. I also couldn’t wire transfer it to them (which would have cost me $15) because they already had my money. Absolutely ridiculous. I hate using E*TRADE. Why do they have to make it so completely ridiculous to use my own money? Other notable trading apps give you the credit right away, since they know they’ll get your money via ACH.
Also, I frequently get the message “something went wrong, try again.” But it doesn’t tell me what went wrong, or what I need to try again. So right when the market opens and I’m scrambling to get trades made, I have no idea if something went wrong with my trades, or something else, or nothing at all. It’s irritating.
The only positive to E*TRADE is that their customer service seems to be U.S. based, and they were kind/helpful on the phone. Limited in their capabilities by E*trades’ policies, but still very nice folks.
Developer Response ,
We are truly sorry to hear about your current mobile experience. We're more than happy for the opportunity to review this with you in detail to determine if everything is working properly. We are available 24/7 at 1-800-387-2331 for further assistance. Thank you!
Problem with tax lots
Why can’t I select tax lots to sell from my phone. It keeps telling me I have to do that from the website but that was not the case a couple of months ago. I will have to change platforms if I can’t do this. I’m on the road way too often and I am a trader, not just investor. It’s useless if I can only sell from my phone on a “first in first out” basis. Please help! I never had this issue until recently!
Update... so I was told I could select lots on my computer and execute from my phone. That is useless! If I was able to be at my computer it wouldn’t be an issue. Thanks for the nonsense response! The thing is, I used to be able to select lots from my phone and now can’t. Fix it or I’m gone! The app is now worthless!
New update: I finally got help and there was a fix. I’m now working like a champ again. Yes, there are little bugs, especially after hours, that need fixed. But face it, there aren’t any with no issues. I’m sticking around and I was one foot out the door. Thanks for the help! It was slow but it worked.
Developer Response ,
We are truly sorry to hear about this! The app reflects what your selection is from the website for your tax lot selection. If you have Specific Lot selected on the website, you should sell the lot you select in your portfolio on the mobile app. If you are unable to do this, or need additional assistance, please give us a call 24/7 at 1-800-387-2331 (Domestic) or 1-678-624-6210 (International). Thank you!
- ETRADE FINANCIAL
- 184.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corp. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.