Easy BART gives you real-time departure, schedule, map, fare and advisory information for San Francisco's Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system. Easy BART uses the BART's official scheduling system so you always have the most accurate information in the palm of your hands. See why over 100,000 Bay Area travelers choose Easy BART! Best of all - it's FREE!
Have a friend who needs departure times? Share via Airdrop, Messages or Mail.
Tired of looking up routes every day? Swipe down on notification center and view nearby departures using the Today Widget.
Curious what's nearby? Easily lookup station information or nearby restaurants/shops/businesses.
Whether you're an everyday commuter or just an occasional rider, Easy BART makes BARTing a pleasure.
• BART System Map (Dark/Light - No Internet Required)
• Real-Time Departures
• Departing and Arriving Schedules (with Transfers)
• Fare and Round Trip Fare Costs
• Delay/Elevator/Emergency Advisories
• Locate Nearest Station
• Favorite Routes/Stations For 1-Touch Real-Time Departures and Schedules Lookup
• Walking/Driving/Transit Directions to Any Station
• Interactive Map (GPS, Route Overlays, Configurable Dimmer)
• Find Restaurants/Shopping/Business near Any Station
• Share Route Schedules (Airdrop / SMS Messages / Email)
• Bikes Allowed Indicator
• Travel Time Indicator
• Platform Indicator
• Reference Information (Trip Planning, BART Police, etc.)
• Find stations from Spotlight
• Maps Routing Integration
• Home Screen Quick Actions - Launch Nearest Station, Favorite Routes/Stations, Advisories and Transit Map
• iOS Dark Mode Support
• Easy and Intuitive Interface
Easy Features Upgrade:
• Removes Ads
• Alternative Layouts
• Map Customization
• Real Time Departures Customization
• All Features/Updates Forever
• Compatibility for upcoming BART API deprecation scheduled for December 2, 2019.
• Fares for Clipper, Senior/Disability Clipper, and Clipper Youth are now displayed when viewing schedules.
• Fixed an issue where iPad may crash when attempting to view an alternate schedule of the Transit System map.
Thank you everyone for your support and for using Easy BART!
This update requires iOS 13.0 or above.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t live without this app!
If you’re a Bart rider you need this app. It’s always up to date and the real time departures are on point. I love how it calculates fares and lays out the route you need to take if there’s transfers. And it couldn’t be easier to use. Very user friendly. If I could rate it 6 stars I would.
Used to be great, what happened?
This app used to be very dependable and deserving 5 stars in my opinion. However, for the last couple months or so, it has been woefully unreliable. The real-time departure info is THE reason I got this app, but that info has become unreliable. For example, during this morning’s commute from Concord to SF, the app indicated my train was 5 minutes away when it was actually about 2. When I got on the train (after running after seeing it coming, I might add), the app said it was still 3 minutes away.
Please fix. Or, I will certainly look for an alternative.
Developer Response ,
Hi apersoninusa - appreciate the feedback. This has been frustrating on the developer side as well. Easy BART uses a passthrough mechanism, which means it requests real-time departures directly from the BART's servers and delivers them to you (the user) unaltered. With the launch of their own official app, they changed the long-running staff responsible for maintaining their system which serves 3rd party developers. Unfortunately as they've performed migrations and system upgrades their data has occasionally been out-of-sync. Please hang in there, as it seems to be improving. Thanks again for using Easy BART!
Displays only showed Berryessa and Dublin trains. I needed Antioch or Richmond so got on a train to Dublin thinking I’d check the app and worst case transfer at Lake Merritt. App said there was a Richmond train two minutes behind what I was on—according to schedule AND “real time departures” so I got off at West Oakland and waited. No Richmond train on the display. After three minutes I check the app and it shows a Richmond train in 15 minutes. Still no Richmond train on the display and no advisories about discontinued trains/service anywhere. No way to message anyone via the app or ask what happened. Thanks for screwing my commute.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PALM BITS LLC
- 18 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2022 Palm Bits LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Easy Features Upgrade: Ads Free and All Features Forever $1.99