Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with the EndNote app - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on your iOS device. By syncing your research library across iOS, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
The EndNote app includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X9 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X9 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
* Pre-populate reference data from metadata when adding a PDF to a reference
* Preview for a few supported file attachment types, including video (m4v, mp4, mov) files, and Microsoft Office documents (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, and pptx)
* Start syncing after login
* Stability improvements in Search, Sync, PDF viewer and annotation, and more
* Other minor bug fixes and general performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, please consider the following
The app is overall good. However, to make the app a great resource for reading and annotating papers, please consider better Apple Pencil integration (double tapping, scrolling with finger while in annotation mode with pencil, etc.). In addition, for some reason, switching between apps from EndNote does not seem to be working. Finally, the search function for new papers to add to the library should be improved as well (right now, I primarily rely on the Mac app to add new papers and sync). The web interface is not particularly helpful. It would be easier to search directly in the app and import the paper right into the library.
Great app, room for improvement
The lack of a good iOS app had moved me away from the gold standard of reference apps, which is endnote.
To my surprise Endnote has made a great come back! Specifically:
1) iPhone app
2) great integration with pubmed and google scholar and easy downloading of citations
3) create temporary citations, which in conjunction with endnote web allow for a 100% iOS workflow to create bibliography on scientific articles. WOW!
4) the PDFs of the references can be shared and are not locked in inside the app
There are a couple more things that if they get incorporated, then they would improve even more the great experience. These things in order of perceived (by me) complexity are:
1) allow the customization of the info that gets presented about an article. Specifically I don’t like that I have to “dig in” to find my research notes about an article, I would like them to show up on the top
2) allow for subgroup creation
3) allow the PDFs to be accessed by files app
4) automatic citation creation for newly imported PDFs (similar to what the desktop app does)
5) automatic download of PDFs (similar to what the desktop app does)
Endnote App works now!!!
I used this app about a year ago and it was not what it should’ve been, but now my primary library was able to actually be imported!!! I haven’t really tried much else but that was impossible when I first downloaded the app so I’m happy to give this review to help support the app makers. I hope every one has a good experience. Im a grad student who bought the desktop version almost 3 years ago and it’s so much better than zotero or mendley because of the plugins and now hopefully this app adds to that even more. I recommend buying the desktop version m.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Clarivate Analytics (US) LLC
- 105.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Clarivate Analytics