Take advantage of Apple Watch complications by displaying your vital Tesla information on your watch face. EV Watch makes important information like charge state, door locks, and temperature available at a glance! It also enables Apple's standard car commands from your watch!
• Support for Apple Watch Complications to always see charge level, door locks, and temperature (with Series 4 complication support)
• Support for Siri voice car commands from your watch (get charge level, lock/unlock doors, honk horn, flash lights). Note that the Tesla app already supports these but only from phone.
• Support for custom set charge level and turn on/off climate Siri Shortcut from either watch or phone.
• Set charge reminders! Avoid surprises by setting nightly reminders.
• Toggle locks, set charge limit, and control climate/sunroof
• Multi-Tesla support. Quickly switch between multiple vehicles.
• Today extension shows quick Tesla location, charge, and temperature on your iPhone/iPad Today page
• Secure - Passwords are never stored and tokens are handled by the iOS Keychain.
• Watch app is phone independent (after setup).
• iPad support
• Supports Tesla Model S,X and 3.
• Support for vehicles without "Always Connected" or with it off.
• Note complication updates can take 10-30 minutes due to the security and power considerations.
-- *Fixed* Complication status when login token is expired.
Ratings and Reviews
I was looking for Apple Watch support and can’t believe Tesla doesn’t have it natively. This app makes a good step forward but the functionality seems very limited to climate, charge limits and unlocking/locking the car. What I really need is Frunk control.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, we will be adding support for these commands in an upcoming version. FWIW, there some watch apps that exist that are a bit more comprehensive but they cost 10x as much as of this writing. We've generally prioritized Info based Complications (which no other app has) and Siri native command support to best take advantage of the watch's form factor.
Tesla models that do a deep sleep also will exhibit about a 10 second lag in response to commands because they need to wake up; bluetooth based mechanisms like the key fob or Tesla's own app won't have this lag.
Finally. The one!
Unlike every other watch app for Tesla, this one has virtually no lag on my S4 LTE. Excellent.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! As you've noticed, we've optimized the api requests to be as responsive as possible. However, to set expectations for everyone, different Tesla models and firmware behave inconsistently. This is because they sleep differently. Older Tesla vehicles have an "Always Connected" setting which will offer the best responsiveness when turned on.
Mostly there, minor quibbles
Great complication. The three screens (lock/charge status/climate) are the right choices.
I’d like to see keyless driving added. Perhaps that can’t be supported on Watch as I see Remote S offers on iPhone but not Watch.
While the UI is cleaner than Remote S, I don’t love the use of the green boxes which are taken from the look of customizing complications on Watch faces. The force touch model is good (prevents inadvertent actions). Perhaps the design should be to force touch on the current state to expose options, then picking an option sets it and returns to the prior view with the new value set.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.