FLAC Player 4+
Lossless HD Music Playback
Dan Leehr L.L.C.
Designed for iPad
The Original audiophile-quality music player designed for lossless, gapless playback of FLAC albums and live recordings on iOS.
Redesigned and Re-engineered, optimized for modern iOS
Adding your FLAC music is easier than ever. Now copy files or folders into FLAC Player from cloud storage, USB devices, Network shares, or any other location in the Files app!
FLAC Player can download from SFTP Servers - including any Mac with Remote Login, NAS devices, or other systems running SSH. Transfer your music wirelessly and start listening to one track while the rest download.
Loading music over USB is fast and organization is automatic. Files are grouped into collections based on FLAC tags, or file names (if tags are not present). Quickly add music, artwork, and track lists using iTunes USB File Sharing.
- Lossless, gapless FLAC playback engineered for iOS
- Decodes FLAC files at full quality/resolution including 24-bit/96kHz, with onboard playback up to 16-bit/48kHz.
- 24-bit/96kHz and higher playback with USB DAC and Camera Connection Kit (Now supports iPhone, see website)
- 10-Band Equalizer, 21 built-in presets or create your own
- View FLAC Metadata, Stream Info, and Audio Hardware info
- Secure SSH/SFTP connections with private key authentication
- Create, edit, and listen to playlists of FLAC music
- Browse/Play by Album and Artist
- Play/Shuffle your entire collection
- ReplayGain support
- Bookmark any song and jump back later
- Background playback and SFTP Downloads
- Compatible with remote controls (headset or external control)
- Supports bluetooth headphones and audio devices (not recommended for quality)
- Supports AirPlay audio output including Apple TV 2/3 and AirPort Express
- Album art viewer (jpeg, png, tiff, bmp, gif)
- Text/Info file viewer (txt, pdf, html, doc, rtf)
- View info files on SFTP servers prior to downloading
- Sort FLAC files by track number, file name, date modified, or manually
- Optimized for low power-usage
Fixes a CarPlay bug with incorrect song ordering
New in 3.0.0:
- CarPlay Support
- Improved compatibility with SFTP servers
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Works well... when it does
I recently downloaded the app and I’m loving it so far. Occasionally the app has an issue where it skips certain songs at a specific time of the song. In other words, say a 1:34 into a specific song, it’ll skip to the next track. Oddly enough, if I seek a specific point of the song after the 1:34 mark, it’ll play without issues. This ruins the point of having a playlist
1 Fatal flaw...
I love this app and have used it for years. Love the functionality, support for my playlists and the shuffle feature. The one fatal flaw it has is that every once in a while it will just stop working. You launch it, it flashes like it is opening and then hits down. The only way to fix is to uninstall, reboot and reinstall. When you uninstall you lose everything and have to download all your songs again. I have several very large compilations that have multiple gigs of files, so this is quite annoying and pisses me off to no end. I keep coming back to this app because it does what I want, the way I want it... when it doesn't crash. I am writing this review in the hopes they fix this fatal flaw. Work the problem guys!
Displays .log files and PDFs of booklets, etc.
I have tried all of the flac players out there, and this is the only one that allows you to load jpgs pdfs and text files through iTunes file sharing with your flac files. It really allows you to feel like you have a more physical music collection with you!
If the developer adds dark mode or theme color choice, it would be the perfect app!
This one is still the best. Having scans of album artwork, jewel cases and booklets is really enjoyable. I have ripped all of my CDs with XLD on my Mac, and the log files created are only visible in this app. Thanks so much!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dan Leehr L.L.C.
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2022 Dan Leehr L.L.C.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.