Flic is the original Smart Button. This app enables you to use and personalize Flic buttons. Create shortcuts in your life with a simple push of a button.
• Connect Flic buttons to your phone
• OR connect Flic buttons to the brand new Flic Hub
• Personalize each button individually
• Select among all your favorite services and connected things
• Set what should happen when you push, double-click or push-and-hold your buttons.
• Use Widgets to create shortcuts from the notification center
• Create powerful combinations and have many things happen on a single push
• No effect on your phone’s battery life
INSPIRATION - USE FLIC TO:
• Control your Smart Lights (Hue, LIFX, IKEA, ...)
• Control your Music (SONOS, Spotify, Apple Music, ...)
• Control your Camera and take pictures from afar
• Snooze your morning Alarm
• Send an alarm with your GPS position to friends and family
• Connect Flic to IFTTT, Zapier or MS Flow for unlimited functionality
• Create your own shortcuts with HTTP Requests
• And much, much more!
Read more about Flic at https://flic.io
If you use any of the GPS enabled functionality:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- New Action: Home Connect
- Various bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great product, great utility, but there’s a persistent bug
I use my flic button to control my music in my old car, which is phenomenal because it turns it in to a basically handsfree system. I have it stuck on my dashboard and set up with my iPhone 8.
Developers PLEASE READ: roughly ⅓ of the time when I first get in the car and try to use it, the app will not execute my music commands. I’ve tried lots of troubleshooting, but even when it doesn’t execute commands, the button is still connected to my phone (as evidenced by the “Connected” status in my Bluetooth settings). I’ll even open the flic app and it will show that the button is connected, but will not recognize presses. Sometimes, it counts presses and still doesn’t execute. I’ve found the only way to get it to work when this happens is to turn my Bluetooth (totally) off in settings and then turn it back on and ensure it’s connected in the flic app. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries. It’s incredibly frustrating because I never know when it’s going to happen, and it defeats the goal of not using my phone while driving. Hopefully you can address this bug!
Works well enough, but playlist sub folders are buggy
I use this primarily to switch between playlists, but my playlists are organized into folders - some of which are more than 1 level deep. It works great for all the music on the first two "levels" in the Playlist filesystem. The Flic app shows me all the music in the Playlist list AND all the music in any sub-folders, as expect. But if I go any deeper than that (say, into a sub-sub-folder), I see nothing. It's just a blank page - no music and the search bar is no longer responsive.
I will upgrade this to 5 stars if this is fixed. In order to use this I have to reorganize all my playlists such there are no songs more than 1 folder down, which is prohibitive.
Fun surprise tho: if your playlists are set to shuffle by default, then binding a Flic button to them and clicking it will auto-shuffle the songs before playing the playlist.
Slowly but surely...
... this product is growing up. Bravo on the Bridge/hub coming to market!
- Shortcut Labs AB
- 42.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Shortcut Labs AB
- In-App Purchases
- pack of 20 credits $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.