- I'm so proud of releasing the version 2.0 which allows you to edit all pictures on any device even on the single-camera devices. With the advanced technology of machine learning, it calculates the depth of field automatically for every photo. Now you can use this depth map freely same as the dual camera outputs, and make a beautiful bokeh effect with all existed tools.
- The calculated depth data from any picture can be used in medium resolution for free. And you can also purchase the pro version for higher resolution and better quality.
- Now you can take photos with the front and rear cameras on all iPhones and iPads. It cannot be used on some older devices, such as iPhone 5s, iPad Air 1 and previous devices. The AI engine needs 500 MB memory while calculating, but those devices only have 1 GB memory. Unable to optimize it in a short time, sorry.
- Removed the option of Live Photo, but you will get better result with the video version of Focos which is under development.
- Fixed the issue around purchase.
PLEASE do pass on this information to your friends who uses the single-camera iPhone.
Enjoy using Focos and support us by leaving your review for the features of each update to help us make it better.
Ratings and Reviews
I got to try out the app before I even got a dual lens phone and loved it. So it was my first download when I got my phone. I absolutely loved the app. But the downside for me was the lag taking a pic with portrait mode vs a regular picture (this is due to the phone, not focos) I love taking spur of the moment photos and couldn’t always use portrait mode. When I opened the app today to edit a picture and saw the new update that made it possible to use on all pics I excitedly tried a regular photo and it was absolutely perfect. I’m so thrilled that I just had to review. I have no real need for pro version but I think I’m going to buy it anyway just to support the developer. This is a must have app for photo lovers, hands down!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and support.
I’m having fun but I can’t find my saved images.
I’m using this free, and I enjoy the tools. There are lots of functions I can’t reach without paying-I may subscribe eventually. It’s not completely intuitive, I think some of the tools are just over my head. I would like to be able to save an image that I edited to my photo stream when I hit save, that hasn’t seemed to work. I don’t normally review stuff because I want to play with it for a while before I give an opinion but this is certainly worth downloading and trying out. The 3D effects are great and I like switching the focal points in my photos.
Update: I can do things to the image that I want to save. I haven’t found how to make that save happen. Yes, all images that are saved go to my photo album but I can’t save while it is doing bokeh.
Developer Response ,
All pictures are saved in Photos app - Album - All photos.
This app re-writes how to edit apps
Bought the full edition for 12 bucks and it is the BEST 12 bucks I ever spent.
There is a very large learning curve so you need to be patient. It isn’t for beginners neither, it is for those that want to really get into video editing in a 3D dimension. For 2D dimension, stick with photoshop express.
My only complaint for lack of better term is using the various lenses for effects. It’s very difficult to find the effect when applying the lens filter as it is extremely subtle changes. I am sure it is user induced as I am only 24 hours into using this app.
Developer Response ,
You should edit a picture with trees and leaves, then you may know the difference of those lenses. Thank you.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Xiaodong Wang
- 75.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Focos Camera
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Yearly subscription $7.99
- Lifetime unlimited access $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.