Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
"Focos has long been one of the most ambitious photo-editing apps on iOS, turning any photo into a 'portrait mode'-style image with fully adjustable depth of field, no matter what kind of camera you took it with."
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import all existing photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- With the advanced technology of machine learning, it calculates the depth of field automatically for every photo.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
- It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for all iPhones and iPads.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.
- Added support for RAW+JPEG format, and you may choose one of them for editing.
- Try to expand the maximum output resolution to 24 million pixels (6000x4000).
Enjoy using Focos and support us by leaving your review for the features of each update to help us make it better.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App for the “Bokeh” Effect
I had a iPhone 7 Plus and a Google Pixel 3 that had the hardware and software to take Bokeh effect pictures naturally. Well I wanted an iPhone 8. Not the 8 Plus because I wanted something smaller for my hands. The iPhone 8 doesn’t have the additional camera that it needs to take Bokeh pictures like the 7 and 8 Pluses have. It certainly doesn’t have the amazing software that the Google Pixel 3 has where it’s able to take Bokeh pictures with its ONE CAMERA! So I did the next best natural thing and searched online for any apps that can take Bokeh like pictures. Google recommended me this app! It certainly does take great Bokeh pictures, AND it also modified some of the past pictures you took that’s already in your gallery. So it makes those pictures have the Bokeh/Blur effect too! It’s wonderful and beautiful really! I am really pleased with this app. It also will either make a copy of the blurred/bokeh picture and you can keep your original unsalted photo, or it offers to overwrite/modify your original picture to make it seem like you originally took a picture with a Bokeh effect! It’s wonderfully and a Godsend for the iPhones who don’t have the portrait lenses! Like the 5s and above! 😍🤩
Developer Response ,
The most amazing photo editing app you’ve ever seen
Once you learn the basics, this app will completely blow your mind. It’s not an app for the casual user. It’s an app for the photo enthusiast who wants to win the photo contest every time. The possibilities are nearly endless when it comes to your 3D/portrait photos. Literally add new lighting sources (like a light bulb) to your photos as if they were there when the photo was taken, even allowing photos taken in the dark to spring to life with light and color; squeeze in blurring or glowing effects behind your photo subject that simulate motion or weather; heck, add in a completely different background. Once you’ve figured it all out, it’s up to YOU to just set the scene. This app along with the Hallide Camera App will make you feel like a photographer extraordinaire! Can’t say enough good things about it.
My ONLY wish is that it allowed you to save photos with the depth map still embedded. Since Focos only really lets you change lighting and staging aspects (and not actually alter the photo) I would think this should be possible. But these guys are such geniuses with what they’ve done here, it must be something I’m not thinking about that makes this feature untenable.
Developer Response ,
Next version will bring the history function which can save the modified depth map for further editing. Thank you.
Some sort of witch craft!
I got this app a while ago when I got an iPhone X. Mainly wanted to customize the bokeh of my portrait mode pics. But wasn’t super impressed so stopped using it. I just started using it again when I heard there was a way to add shallow depth of field to any photograph. The feature works amazing. I would say 95% of the time, it creates a very convincing depth of field blur, finding foreground, mid-frowns, and background elements and blurring them appropriately. I’ve been applying this effect to photos I’ve taken over the past 20 years.
I currently have an iPhone 11 Pro and getting a native Portrait mode pix is still my fav option, but sometimes I don’t have enough space wherever I’m standing to get the portrait mode to activate. This app is able to turn those pics to great portrait mode pics. If they figured out a way to add this to videos, that would be amazing.
In-App PurchasesSee All
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Xiaodong Wang
- 84.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 Focos Camera
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime unlimited access $12.99
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Yearly subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.