Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
"Focos has long been one of the most ambitious photo-editing apps on iOS, turning any photo into a 'portrait mode'-style image with fully adjustable depth of field, no matter what kind of camera you took it with."
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import all existing photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- With the advanced technology of machine learning, it calculates the depth of field automatically for every photo.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
- It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for all iPhones and iPads.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.
- Both the "radial" & "swirl" options can be applied in lens tool to achieve the whirlpool bokeh. You can try this effect in the sample lens "A5".
- Added support for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro. Developers cannot access the night mode API, but you may use system camera app to take portrait photos at night, then edit photos in Focos app for better bokeh effect.
- Hair optimization has been removed since it's not working 100% perfectly. Sometimes glitches come while taking photos under trees.
- The new version remembers the depth map calculated by AI engine for faster loading photos.
- Issue of gradient map moving while painting in the patch tool has been fixed.
Enjoy using Focos and support us by leaving your review for the features of each update to help us make it better.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App for the “Bokeh” Effect
I had a iPhone 7 Plus and a Google Pixel 3 that had the hardware and software to take Bokeh effect pictures naturally. Well I wanted an iPhone 8. Not the 8 Plus because I wanted something smaller for my hands. The iPhone 8 doesn’t have the additional camera that it needs to take Bokeh pictures like the 7 and 8 Pluses have. It certainly doesn’t have the amazing software that the Google Pixel 3 has where it’s able to take Bokeh pictures with its ONE CAMERA! So I did the next best natural thing and searched online for any apps that can take Bokeh like pictures. Google recommended me this app! It certainly does take great Bokeh pictures, AND it also modified some of the past pictures you took that’s already in your gallery. So it makes those pictures have the Bokeh/Blur effect too! It’s wonderful and beautiful really! I am really pleased with this app. It also will either make a copy of the blurred/bokeh picture and you can keep your original unsalted photo, or it offers to overwrite/modify your original picture to make it seem like you originally took a picture with a Bokeh effect! It’s wonderfully and a Godsend for the iPhones who don’t have the portrait lenses! Like the 5s and above! 😍🤩
Developer Response ,
Some sort of witch craft!
I got this app a while ago when I got an iPhone X. Mainly wanted to customize the bokeh of my portrait mode pics. But wasn’t super impressed so stopped using it. I just started using it again when I heard there was a way to add shallow depth of field to any photograph. The feature works amazing. I would say 95% of the time, it creates a very convincing depth of field blur, finding foreground, mid-frowns, and background elements and blurring them appropriately. I’ve been applying this effect to photos I’ve taken over the past 20 years.
I currently have an iPhone 11 Pro and getting a native Portrait mode pix is still my fav option, but sometimes I don’t have enough space wherever I’m standing to get the portrait mode to activate. This app is able to turn those pics to great portrait mode pics. If they figured out a way to add this to videos, that would be amazing.
Problem lately, but used to be perfect!
I've used this app for some time. It has been my "go to" app for taking pics for selling my items on Poshmark, Mercari, EBay, etc. I am a full time retailer now!.... But lately when taking pics one after another, just as I always have, it freezes kind of. It will make the shutter sound and stop on the screen as tho it has taken the pic, but there is no pic below. I can continue to press the shutter button and it will continue to do those things and there will still be no pic. If I force close the app, SOMETIMES it will fix it, sometimes it will not and I just have to stop working altogether. This is a huge inconvenience! This was my last ditch effort before finding another app. I didn't want to delete it and re-install it because I'm not sure what work I would lose in the process? Idk. Maybe a developer might read this, maybe they don't even care about these. Who knows. It was worth a shot for me, if nothing else, I'll end up knowing I need another app... Is anyone else having this issue??? P.S. that's the only reason I deducted a star.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Xiaodong Wang
- 87.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Focos Camera
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime unlimited access $12.99
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Yearly subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.