Be part of the movement! Alight Motion, is the first professional Motion Design app for iPhone and iPad, bringing you professional-quality animation, motion graphics, visual effects, video editing, video compositing and more!
• Multiple layers of graphics, video, and audio
• Vector and bitmap support (edit vector graphics right in the app!)
• 100+ basic effect building blocks that can be combined to create sophisticated visual effects
• Keyframe animation available for all settings
• Grouping and Masking
• Color Adjustment
• Animation easing for more fluid motion: Pick from presets or build your own timing curves
• Velocity-based motion blur
• Export MP4 video or GIF animation
• Solid color and gradient fill effects
• Border and shadow effects
• Custom font support
• Save your favorite elements for easy re-use in future projects
Alight Motion is free to use with basic features and a watermark on videos you create. There are paid membership options in the app to remove the watermark and access a regularly updated library of premium effects and features. These subscription membership options are charged when you select to purchase them, and renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the beginning of the next subscription period. After purchasing, subscriptions can be managed in your Apple ID settings.
Terms of Service: alightcreative.com/tos
• Brand new Effect Browser with search, favorites, recently used effects, and presets!
• New Effects: Hexagon Tile Rotate, Hexagon Tile Shift
• Improved Effects: Dots, Turbulence, Luma Key, Motion Blur, Flip Layer, Solid Matte
• Most effects have been fine-tuned: Clearer parameter names and more sensible numeric scales
• New Effect Guide includes a detailed explanation and instructions for each effect
• On iPhone, when editing a shape, Lock Aspect Ratio and Size from Center buttons are now available
• Apple M1 Support! Alight Motion now runs on Mac, and we’ve improved the user experience when using a mouse
• Basic keyboard support for Mac and iPad: ⌘Z to Undo, ⇧⌘Z to Redo, ⌘A to select all, ⌘D to deselect, and left/right arrow keys to scroll timeline by one frame
• Media Browser now supports photos and videos in shared albums
• Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app but this glitch is holding me back
I just recently started using this app because I wanted to get into video editing. When I started using it everything was great and there were no glitches (or so it seemed). After a while I got to the point where I needed to add text to one of my videos and that’s when it happened. Every time I attempt to add text to my video, instead of it showing the message I want it to say, it says “<LOADING>”. I simply cannot figure out why it’s been doing this and it doesn’t seem like anyone else has encountered this problem. No matter how many times I delete the app and install it once more or edit the text it doesn’t work. I should mention that it occurs on every single edit I have tried to add text too. Other than this the app has been great. I even went as far as too pay for and remove the watermark. I would still like to know how to add text to my video though :/
All is great except...
I love this app, and would 100% recommend to anyone considering it, but lately I’ve been having some issues. I’m having problems with my cursor and elements. It’s been happening for a while, but it’s just now starting to get on my nerves.
I have my “show cursor” settings on, and it was fine at first, but now it will stamp itself in place on my screen and stay there until I close out the app. It’s hard for me to explain, but imagine having two cursors on your screen. There is one that is stuck in place, and the other one that is fine and showing your taps (like it should)
Second, after the latest update, I’ve been having issues with my element’s text. When you have an element that mainly consists of text, it will let you do a simple text edit when brought into a project. My issue is that when I add an element (with the simple text edit) into my project, make the changes I want, and exit out of the project, it doesn't save. When I go back in the project, the element text is set back to its default. It’s hard for me to explain, but I hope that these things can be fixed soon!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hello! We understand what you mean! We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you (if you get an auto-response, and it doesn’t help with your issue, please be sure to reply to it so you get through to a human being). If possible, please include a screen recording showing the problem and a screenshot of the app version information from the “About” screen (when you first open the app, open the side menu, tap “About” to get this information). The more information you can provide, the more like we are to be able to help. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Problems With Loading
I’ve seen this app everywhere. I started out with Video Star, and wanted to get into Alight Motion. I got the app, and editing with this app was really easy! I loved it and I kept editing. But every time I would go to import, it wouldn’t let me. It would be stuck on the loading screen. So I had to screen record so that I could show it to my friends. Earlier this week, I decided that I would buy the Premium Pass. I went to my profile, and it showed the “Premium Options” (or whatever it says). I went to click on it, and, it went away, with a loading screen. I waited, and it never came. I logged out, logged back in, and it didn’t work. So I decided to go into a project, go to a premium effect, and press the “Premium Option” feature. Again, it got stuck in a loading screen. So I tried again. It didn’t show a loading screen this time! But, sadly, it would not let me click anything. I kept pressing continue, I tried seeing if it would switch to monthly if I clicked it, but no use. I really love this app and would love to support you guys with the premium membership!
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you very much for your review and for wanting to support us! We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact email@example.com so we can assist you. Please include a screenshot of the app version information from the “About” screen (when you first open the app, open the side menu, tap “About” to get this information). Please also include screen recordings to help us understand exactly how to reproduce each issue you’re facing, and make sure to reply to any automatic reply so we know you're active in the system. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alight Creative, Inc.
- 110.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 Alight Creative, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Annual Subscription $28.99
- Watermark Removal Ticket ×1 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.