codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-10! Our award-winning app has introduced over 20 million kids in 201 countries to the ABCs of computer science.
codeSpark Academy uses a patent pending "no words" interface to teach the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in the Game Maker.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Subscription app with new content every month.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles. Cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Assoc of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our Game Maker allows kids to put programming concepts to work by designing and coding video games. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Subscription is $9.99/month.
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
* New items for your story coding: school recess stage and props, plus three little pigs props!
* New permissions handling for Camera and Microphone access in stories.
* Fixes for Clever student login.
* Over 45 fixes and updates to make codeSpark easier to use and more reliable!
If you see any problems, please email email@example.com. If you’re enjoying the new updates, please leave us a review.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ok this first sentence or two is about fun requests. I was thinking 💭 maybe you could add more levels to Puppy Problems. When I saw there was no more to it I stared at the floor in disappointment. I do also have another idea. If maybe there could be a male and female character for every skin. But of course that’s not important. To me it is for some strange reason. Though of course it glitches. But it only glitches every once a year for me. Though I believe it’s for a younger age group than me but how they make the coding as if they were games is really intriguing and also never gets old. At least in my case it never gets old. The developers in my opinion take their time to really make this app special. I really do thank the developers for making this app. (Meant to say app). THIS IS MY FAVORITE CODING APP.💻🥳🤩
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you so much for all of your feedback. We'll be sure to pass it along to our developers. Thanks again and have a Foo-tastic day!
I just want to learn
Hello, I’m 14 and my school doesn’t have any classes or really anything on coding and I would love to learn how and where to start and all that, so I took it upon myself to learn how. I saw an ad for this and hoped for the best. I downloaded it and apparently you must pay monthly for this. I understand it’s how they make their money and what-not but I’m only 14 and, of course, can’t do monthly payments especially since my parents are both poor and against the idea of learning from something other than what the school teaches us. I haven’t actually done any lessons or anything because I would have to pay which is why I gave 2 stars instead of 1 because the lessons could be amazing an work really well but I’m pretty sure and kid who actually wants to learn and not be forced to do something like this by their parents or school would love it if their were a stripped down version of the app that one could use and learn to do at least simple coding would be greatly appreciated by anyone looking to learn who might not be able to pay because of the situation their in. Besides, shouldn’t education be free? Especially for kids who want to learn?
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Our app is geared more towards younger learners, ages 4-10, and is free for public schools, non-profit organizations, and libraries. If you'd like some coding resources tailored more for your age, please check out Code.org. They're a great place to get started!
It takes a long time to load, but I really enjoy everything about it!! On the second time it speeds up. And Absolutly NO ADS I love this game but it makes you d9 the 7 day free trial and now I did it. I do not know how to cancel it 😾. Please put a more noticeable X on the trial so people can press cancel. I love this game of coding a lot!!😻😻😻 I’m very glad to participate in playing this game today. Thank you for making such a great coding experience for children. I am 10 years old and I think this is the best learning game yet. I pray that the makers can really help children one day...🙂🤩
- codeSpark, Inc
- 200.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 codeSpark, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $3.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $7.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.