Download for a 30-day free trial. ForeFlight is the essential, integrated flight app that makes planning, flying, and logging flights a joy.
ForeFlight delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers for inflight weather and data, a built-in documents catalog and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience, and so much more. ForeFlight is backed by our Pilot Support Team who delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and to record track logs, the camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights with Touch Planning on the Map or full-featured form-based Flights view. Tap out a route in seconds and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, global icing, turbulence, and surface analysis, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards for the ultimate situational awareness.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook makes it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Built-in documents catalog with FAR/AIM, charts supplements, and more
Airport, FBO, and fuel price information for thousands of locations
Dynamic data-driven Aeronautical Maps
Weight & Balance
Expected route and EDCT flight notifications
Automatic over-the-air data updates
Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
Access to web planner
Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
Frequencies in Airspace Alerts
• Controlled airspace alerts now provide a list of relevant frequencies as you approach an airspace for easy and timely reference.
• The types of frequencies shown in Airspace Alerts vary by airspace type to display the most relevant frequencies and minimize clutter. For instance, Class A, B, and C airspace alerts show approach and departure frequencies, whereas Class D alerts exclusively show tower frequencies. Alerts for other specialized airspace types such as ATZs and MATZs include tower, radio, and information frequencies, while TMZ alerts include the squawk code and frequency.
• You can optionally disable frequencies in airspace alerts and customize the alerts in other ways in Maps Settings > Alerts > Airspace & NOTAMs.
New Global ForeFlight Regions
• We’re preparing to expand our global chart and data support by launching new regions around the world that you can select as part of your subscription.
• The new regions build on ForeFlight’s existing options for the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia with the addition of Latin America, Africa, the Middle East & South Asia, Asia & Pacific, and New Zealand.
• With the exception of the Latin America region (see below), limited government-sourced charts and documents will be available for these new regions. Our team is actively sourcing and processing data as it becomes available to us. Adding one of these regions to your subscription will grant you access to the latest data and charts as they are added.
• Jeppesen global chart coverages are available now as subscription add-ons to fulfill pilots' current IFR requirements in regions where we don’t provide government charts.
New Country Support: Brazil
• Brazilian government charts, data, and documents are now available as part of ForeFlight’s new Latin America region.
• Included are AIPs and terminal procedures from DECEA, IFR High and Low enroute charts, VFR charts including REA and REH charts, VFR waypoints in ForeFlight’s Aeronautical Map layer, and documents in the Latin America Documents drive.
• After adding the Latin America region to your subscription on ForeFlight’s website you can select Brazil in More > Downloads > Region Settings > Latin America to download the charts and data.
Oceanic Plotting in Active Navlog
• ForeFlight’s Active Navlog add-on product for Business accounts now supports full-fledged Oceanic Plotting in conjunction with a ForeFlight Dispatch subscription.
• Access Active Navlog by going to More > Active Navlog and selecting from the list of upcoming flights, or by opening the traditional Navlog from the Flights view and tapping the “Go to Active Navlog” button in the bottom-right.
• Active Navlog allows pilots to record time and fuel actuals, altimeter checks, ATC clearances, and more, while customers who also have ForeFlight Dispatch can additionally activate non-radar procedures in Active Navlog to record position reports and GNE checks.
• Each position report and GNE check is automatically documented in the master flight log with a corresponding screenshot, ensuring a comprehensive record of the entire flight that is automatically synced to the flight in Dispatch for easy retrieval.
Ratings and Reviews
We use this daily!
We fly 12 to 18 hours per week with ForeFlight and Stratus 2. ForeFlight has come along way since it’s introduction with synthetic vision, excellent integration with Stratus and so much more. I did get concerned with the previous version as we started having multiple crashes on two different newer iPads daily. We do load multiple waypoint and it seemed like that might have been a factor? I always make sure my iPad has plenty of open SSD space and the newer iPads have 2GB or more RAM, so I wonder if the software rolled out too fast? We’re also very careful about not updating the OS until the all clear is given. I just hope ForeFlight’s team slows down a little on all the bells and whistles. It’s much more crucial for the product to work flawlessly versus having 3D views of airports / etc. All in all ForeFlight is the BEST aviation App on the market and their team is obviously awesome at coding. My concerns and comments here about previous crashes are only because we’re addicted to ForeFlight and never want to see it burdened with issues. The new version seems to be more stable with only the rare crash. It does open back up in seconds right were you left off. Keep up the good work. Thanks ForeFlight!
Developer Response ,
Hello IFR-Pilot. Thank you for the feedback! Would you please send an email to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org? We would like to troubleshoot this issue with you.
Early in my flying career, shortly after my first solo but before my ppl check ride I was saved by Foreflight. Flying solo, I was out practicing maneuvers and not paying any attention to the weather that was coming in behind me, and covering the airport I was to return to. When it was time to come back I pointed the nose toward my home base and before I really knew what I had done, I flew vfr into imc. No where near instrument rated I was truly lost in a sea of white. Thankfully I had Foreflight on my iPad with synthetic vision and the stratus 2 feeding attitude information. I transitioned to flying the plane like a video game watching that screen. I was able to keep the plane under control and maneuver though and out of the imc to and alternate airport and land safely. It was an absolutely terrifying event for me. I truly believe the outcome would not have been even close to this had Foreflight not been in the cockpit with me. For this I am truly thankful and fly with Foreflight on every flight. Through the years Foreflight has only increased its capabilities and has never let me down. I recommend it to everyone who flies. Thanks for a great product and saving my life.
Phenomenal app, superb - no, INSANE!! - Customer Support
Yesterday at 0915 hours I had a question about how to get something done within Foreflight since a fuel calculation did not seem to be working. AT 0919 HOURS I received a written e-mail response that fixed and correctly and completely addressed my issue (it was my own mistake all along).
This is THE example of an app that I use to highlight how an app should be built. TREMENDOUS thought on user interface and what the pilot/customer wants and needs, when, how, etc. Absolutely simply and perfectly superb app that keeps having more and more useful functionality added to it all the time. Dollar for dollar, this vies for the honor of, “best money spent on my aviation needs” award. And believe every single tiny thing you may have EVER heard about their customer service. You have never been exposed to any app software support that will even come close to this group.
Pilots writing software for pilots. I am a lifelong customer and fan. Way to go, ForeFlight. You just continue to hit these right out of the park time and time and time again!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ForeFlight, LLC
- 425 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 ForeFlight LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Plus US - 1 Year $119.99
- Pro Plus US - 1 Year $239.99
- Basic Plus US - 3 months $59.99
- Performance Plus US - 1 Year $359.99
- Performance Plus US - 1 Year $359.99
- Basic Plus EUR - 1 Year $119.99
- Pro Plus CA - 1 Year $239.99
- Pro Plus EUR - 1 Year $239.99
- Basic Plus CA - 3 months $59.99
- Basic Plus CA - 1 Year $119.99