Go paperless. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore for iOS, iPadOS, and now even for macOS, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple keynote addresses and retail stores worldwide!
On your music stand or on the go, it's the complete PDF sheet music reading experience that has wowed musicians all over the world for years:
• Copy PDFs from other apps like Safari and Mail
• Import scores from popular cloud storage services and content providers like Musicnotes.com
• Share scores and setlists with colleagues, whether or not they use forScore
• Add metadata to your scores for a perfectly browsable, instantly searchable library
• Create smart bookmarks to manage longer files containing multiple parts or pieces
• Group scores manually with Setlists to play through them from start to finish
• View full pages in portrait orientation and crop them to better fit your device's screen
• Turn your device sideways for bigger scrolling pages or view two pages side by side instead
• Use Reflow on smaller screens to lay out systems of music end-to-end like a horizontal teleprompter
• Enter annotation mode to draw with your finger, type text, or place common symbols onto the page
• Draw at any time with Apple Pencil for an incredibly natural and responsive, always-on annotation experience
• Separate your annotations into layers and show or hide them at any time
• Create links and buttons to handle repeats or perform common actions with a single tap
• Rearrange and duplicate pages of a score to play without jumping back and forth
• Connect your Bluetooth page turner for hands-free navigation
• Access integrated utilities like our metronome, pitch pipe, tuner, and piano keyboard
• Link tracks to scores to loop regions, adjust pitch, and even use them to record and play back your page turns
• Connect wirelessly to nearby devices and coordinate your page turns and program changes effortlessly
There's much more than those highlights, though, so be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best!
Note: forScore also offers an optional, annual auto-renewing subscription called forScore Pro that unlocks additional features and content (visit forScore.co/pro for complete details). forScore Pro is a 1-year subscription that renews automatically until canceled. Should you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will then automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Complete terms of service are available on our website at: forScore.co/terms-of-service
This version includes minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The app that makes an iPad worth it
When I’m at home, I don’t usually use an iPad to watch movies because I have a TV. I use my computer for almost everything because things are just easier with a mouse and keyboard. So where does the iPad come in? For sheet music, of course! As a principal player in an orchestra, I have to get bowings from the concertmaster and then write bowings for my section to match his. What used to be a lengthy process that would take weeks as all the string parts were physically passed in a Manila envelope from section to section now only takes days. Everything is synced across Google Drive. And ForScore makes that easy and RELIABLE.
I make all bowing change markings in red using the Apple Pencil in ForScore (so the next person can see the edits), and it’s super speedy. Most importantly, I have never lost my work (it’s way more reliable than Apple’s own software). If you work in an orchestra, or are just a teacher trying to pass on your markings to a student, this tool is invaluable. It’s amazing that the developers (which I heard was only two people) can make such a great app even better, iteration after iteration. Most amazingly, they’ve chosen the benevolent route of introducing all software updates, including a soon-to-be-released macOS option, for free!!
The greatest piece of software I have ever encountered.
A must have for professional musicians
Gone are the days of having big 3 ringed binders with several copies of manuscripts weighing down a stand. Or sheet music falling off a stand while you're trying to play it. The iPad and this app have revolutionized the way we practice and rehearse today. This app is simply amazing. I use it everyday. They really have thought of everything with this app and I have been thoroughly impressed by it. I have been using it for a good 2 years now. Features such as making set lists, annotations, categorizing by artist/composers/songs etc, share options directly from the app, creating backups of your organizations and being able to open attachments from the iOS mail app directly in this app make it simply amazing. I can't say enough about it because I would just continue to ramble.
To the developers of this app... We the musicians greatly appreciate you for creating something that makes our lives and careers easier. We thank you for creating something that's seamless, easy to use, has every feature we could want all while running smooth with little to no crashes. Thank you also for constantly keeping this app updated and adding additional features. I’m always learning something new with this software I didn’t already know it could do.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, it really means a lot to us!
Simply the Best
I use this app every single day, and if you are a pro (or anyone ) concerned about migrating into using a device for all of your music have no fear.. they have thought of literally everything. You can reorganize pages, make bookmarks, work faster and more efficiently, etc. I think this is the single best piece of software I’ve ever used, I mean every single little problem I have thought to myself hm I wish they would fix that either promptly got fixed or was always available as an option that I didn’t realize
For instance, it used to annoy me that when you used the Apple Pencil for annotation (which I really don’t think is very necessary for musicians but I had it anyways, whatever whatever) it would pull up the same menu that you use for writing with your finger, that you would have to manually close thereafter which would add an extra step every time I use it.. Well, as it turns this is an option you can disable in settings! Hopefully that made sense..
But yes if you don’t buy any other app you have got to buy this one. Rock solid reliability (way way better than using android/windows/macOS/other OS that are subject to crashes and all that)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- forScore, LLC
- 8.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- forScore Pro $9.99
- Brahms: The Mutopia Collection
- Beethoven: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.