Play all kinds of music direct from photos, images and PDF scores
Snap music with your camera or import images and PDFs. PlayScore will play it right back to you, scrolling through the song following bar by bar.
Create Playable Score Documents that anyone can play back using our free reader (built into PlayScore 2)
Export Full Notation MusicXML to score editors like Finale, Sibelius, MuseScore and Dorico, with dynamics, articulation, trills, turns, repeats, slurs etc, even tremolo, not just notes and rests (full spec below)
PlayScore 2 reads and plays all kinds of music straight off the page such as:
Piano, organ, guitar
Solos and Sonatas
Chamber and orchestral
Choirs and ensembles - Learning a new piece? Create a Playable Score, so each member can listen to their part on its own or standing out from the others.
Interact with the music
• Change tempo (even while playing)
• Tap anywhere to play, or drag with a finger to create a loop
• Mute and adjust volume for each staff individually
• Transpose the whole song or by instrument (transposing instruments)
• Or select Auto-transpose and let PlayScore do it for you!
PlayScore 2 makes it easy to create multi-page Playable Scores that anyone can play back:
• Go back any time and recapture individual pages
• Rearrange or remove pages
• Select a page range in a long PDF
• Clip and mask to remove unwanted material (eg where one song ands and another begins on the same page)
• Adjust recognition system to optimise quality
Organise your Playable Score Documents
The PlayScore 2 Documents screen shows all your playable scores as thumbnails of the music, displayed sorted and searchable by Title and Composer.
Without a subscription you can
• Play and interact with any PlayScore playable Score, listen to your part on its own
• Play pages of music in 1 or 2 staves per system from a photo
• Create and share single page playable documents
PlayScore II Productivity subscription
• Create and play multi-staff, multi-page scores captured with the camera or imported as images
• Export your documents for anyone to play and interact with using our free player
• Interact with scores, cater for transposing instruments, export MIDI files
PlayScore II Professional subscription
Create Playable Score documents from PDF scores that anyone can play (using the free player)
Export any score as MIDI and MusicXML containing full notation
Productivity and Professional versions are available as 1-month or 12-month auto-renewing subscriptions.
• The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on-line after purchase
Important: Capturing copyrighted music without the copyright holder's permission is illegal.
PlayScore II recognises full music notation, not just the notes
Bars, notes, rests, accidentals including double accidentals
Tuplets: triplets etc, marked or implied
Staff bracketing: grand staff braces and other bracketing
Measures: double bars, repeats, 1st and 2nd ending, bars spanning systems and pages
Anacruses, complement anacruses
Dynamics: f, ff, fff, fz, fp, mf, p etc
Hairpins (crescendos and diminuendos)
Articulation: >, ^, . tenuto etc
Ornaments trills, turns, mordents etc
Tremolo: strikethrough, alternating, beamed white notes etc
Special symbols: fermata, repeat-bar etc
Clefs (system and inline): treble, bass, tenor, alto, soprano etc
Key and time signatures system and inline
User interface enhancements and improved PDF support for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect music OCR app
This app was a godsend! I needed a music OCR program for a show I’m directing and suffice it so say I spent an afternoon just to conclude all the desktop programs were either (a) nonfunctional and obsolete as of 2003 or (b) about $150 out of my price range. I stumbled on this app, which had all the features (mxml export, pdf import) I needed, and decided to try it. I can absolutely say it blew past all my expectations. It’s just as accurate as the demo version of the “premier” desktop music OCR suite, and it does what it says—quickly—even with bad scans. I was so impressed that I took time to voluntarily write a review, and this app definitely saved my show. I can’t say thank you enough, and if any of y’all need an affordable OCR app, this is the one!
Where has this been my whole life?
Holy moly this app is slick! Just snap a photo and then it will play the sheet music. It’s not 100% accurate, but it is pretty dang, darn good!!! I can’t believe it’s free. I’d pay $20 for this thing. I’ve been looking for something like this for the past...20 years. I tried other ORC notation software that sucked, bigly. In fact, all of it has been pretty rubbish. This only messed up part of one measure in two pages of music, the rest was 100% accurate, and even had dynamics. Plus you can slow it down to play along and work on intonation and perfect rhythm. Simply amazing!
Impressive recognition quality
PlayScore 2 represents a big step forward in optical music recognition (OMR) on iOS. The quality of recognition is really impressive.
Some areas for improvement that the developers have promised me they are already working on:
• Control of dynamic range
• Better recognition of tied notes
• Support for double whole notes (breves)
• More MIDI instruments
I’m a singer but I’m not terribly good at sight-reading. So when I practice, I practice mostly by listening or playing on the piano and singing along. Now I can import my sheet music into PlayScore 2 and begin practicing by listening right away, without needing to go sit at the piano. It’s a big time saver!
- Organum Limited
- 100.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Organum Ltd, Dolphin Computing Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- PlayScore 2 Professional $4.99
- PlayScore 2 Professional $19.99
- PlayScore 2 Productivity $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.