Discover the app that convinced the world’s greatest orchestras to go digital! Newzik is the reference music reader app that allows you to import, manage and work on your digital sheet music from any iPad or iPhone.
1. Access your digital library everywhere: with the Newzik Cloud, you can securely access your music library at any time, everywhere and on any iPad or iPhone.
2. Read any file: In addition to reading PDF, TXT, videos and audio files, take full control of your MusicXML scores with Newzik, the most advanced MusicXML reader.
3. Download thousands of classical scores FOR FREE with direct access to IMSLP, the largest online score library.
4. Enjoy unique collaborative features - share your markings with your fellow musicians or control the page turn for the entire band. Newzik was awarded “Best Concert/Orchestra tool” at NAMM 2016.
*Build your Digital Library
- Import PDF, MusicXML and TXT scores and also audio and video files through your Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud or any external app.
- Add YouTube videos and synchronize them with your scores to create playbacks.
- Combine audio files and videos with your sheet music to boost your productivity.
- Write and edit lyrics and chords directly from your iPad or iPhone.
*Organize & Manage your scores
- Create multiple Setlists and share them with your fellow musicians.
- Add several instrumental parts to a single piece and view them with one click.
- Annotate your scores with homemade pencils, highlighters, and musical notation stamps. Create multiple layers of annotations for the same score.
- Crop your pages to eliminate the margins and optimize the display.
- Rearrange your PDF scores: delete, duplicate and reorder your PDF pages.
- Synchronize your scores with audio or video files and create “play-along/karaoke versions or interactive educational material.
- Set your tempo with our integrated audible/visual metronome.
- Turn your pages with any Bluetooth foot pedal (iRig, Airturn, Pageflip, etc.).
- Export your pieces and recover them in PDF in your mailbox or any other app.
- Get up on stage with confidence using our secure Performance Mode.
*Discover the power of MusicXML scores
- Transpose your score on-the-spot to any key.
- Use the smart zoom to optimize the display to your liking.
- Generate a synced MIDI file.
- Select the tracks you want to display and hear.
- Set your display preferences: chart or score, contracted score or not, and more.
- Visualize the correct fingerings on a fretboard or keyboard.
*Enjoy unique collaborative features
- Send your sheet music and Setlists via email.
- Collaborative Setlists©: share Setlists with your fellow musicians and view all the edits and new annotations in real time! In short, this could be defined as the “Google Docs of Setlists”.
- Band Mode©: connect iPads and/or iPhones together and synchronize page turns and piece changes on every device.
To discover all our features, make sure to visit https://newzik.com
Here is a new Newzik version full of new features and enhancements. We hope you will like it!
Many of you asked for it, you have been heard: we just added a page turn animation! You can activate / unactivate it anytime from the page turn settings. You will now be 100% sure that your page has been properly turned
- You can now reorder your favorite pens and highlighters. To do so, click on your pen or highlighter and drag it to its destination
- You can now select text annotations with the lasso
- We added a "rectangle" lasso in addition to the free one to help you easily select your annotations
- You can now filter your bookmarks by color
- We added a search bar in the bookmark window
- You can now un-count a page in a PDF score. To do so, go in the rearrange mode and click on the little # in the miniature. This will automatically recalculate the page numbers. This can be helpful if you work with people that use paper so that you can have the same page numbering (for the future - we advise you to tell them to go digital!!)
Thank you all for using Newzik,
Your dedicated Newzik Team
Ratings and Reviews
It does what it’s supposed to do...........but......
Lately it’s gotten a bit “buggy”. It doesn’t let me send emails directly from the app. Don’t know if it’s a problem with iOS or with the latest update from iOS or from Newzik.
The Newzik team is working on it but have yet to get me a fix for the issue. I can work around it by sending the files using the cut and paste format in PDF conversion but I cannot even send Newzik an e-mail directly from the app.
It’s going on five days now and no fix yet. Just sent an email to Newzik via Yahoo asking if I have to pay for a complete deletion and re-installation but it’s 8:30PM in France right now so no one in the office.
Just one request
I took a leap of faith to try Newzik instead of forScore which has longer history and followers and strongly recommended by many musicians. I do enjoy Newzik and it works well enough. I noticed that when I turned on “half-page” page turn, and then I turned it off, it was still displayed in half-page, and I don’t know how to fix this.
Also, I wish there was just one setting I could change - which is to be able to turn pages using space bar on my Bluetooth keyboard. iBooks, or even IMSLP iPad app have that feature and they are both free. Any chance this could be fixed as well?
Developer Response ,
Dear Rtana, thank you so much for this great review! Your feedback has been taken into account. For any question or recommendation, do not hesitate to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for using Newzik! The Newzik team
Great if you have a foot pedal
This app is for orchestras and they have put a lot of thought into scrolling in that environment. But if you don’t have a foot pedal with you, you are out of luck. If you use automatic scroll, it reverts to displaying the screen by whole pages and won’t turn to the next page until you are already supposed to be playing it. They should be able to respect the option to scroll line by line while keeping the active measure in the middle, but apparently do not accommodate people who don’t carry a foot pedal at all times.
Also the apo crashes when opening many of the MusicXml files generated by major apps, so I can’t put all my music in.
- 270.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 SyncSing
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.