Tampa Bay weather forecasts and the power of FOX 13’s SkyTower Radar from WTVT – right in the palm of your hand! Track storms in Florida quickly and easily with this free app from FOX 13. Our improved design gives you radar, hourly conditions, and 7-day weather information just by scrolling. Our weather alerts will warn you early and help you stay safe during storms.
Why download FOX 13’s SkyTower Radar app?
* Interactive radar map lets you zoom in to your neighborhood and see storm tracks and other severe weather alerts.
* Get your hourly and 7-day weather forecasts at a glance, with fully integrated GPS to give you accurate conditions wherever you are.
* Receive immediate severe storm warnings and lightning alerts so you can stay safe.
* Video forecasts from the FOX 13 meteorologists allow you to stay informed even during power outages.
* Tropical weather storm tracks and updates from MyFoxHurricane keep you safe and prepared during hurricane season.
* Add and save your favorite locations, anywhere in the world.
* Share your weather photos and videos easily with FOX 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app. Soaked by future radar.
This is a nice app that is fair in its operation. In particular, it has not hit me with video ads, and I can opt out of personalized ads. In return, I still get a good app for current weather conditions, plus I can watch Fox 13 News without needing a separate app. Alerts seem to work, but there was one info alert that went away after I set Location Services to something other than Always. The Always setting will track you quite a bit; iOS 13 nagged be quite a bit about that.
I got soaked by a future radar that was way off the mark. Real Fox 13 (the TV station) never screwed up this badly. I wish there was more SkyTower in the SkyTower app, even if that means my house is in the radar’s blind spot again. Counterpoint: There is video of the most recent real Fox 13 weather forecast, in case I need a reliable fallback.
There seems to be no dedicated place to ask for support for this app. Not much to report, but I do wish the map for the Pinpoint feature had the same options as the main map used by the radar; maybe use the settings used by the radar map.
So the score is this: 5 stars for the app itself, 1-1/2 stars deducted for decent but still suspect predictions for my area, 1/2 star deducted for no good place to report the minor issues that I do find.
Great app! As a contractor this is invaluable. Update- Alert overlays are ruining
I’ve had this app for a number of years (maybe since 2017), and this has always been the most accurate compared to other available apps. As a contractor, I need to know if I can keep working or pull the equipment inside, tarp roofs, or shut it down for the day. Time is money and false alarms from poor quality apps can add up. This app has been spot on. I can trust it down to around 1/4 mile which is amazingly accurate. Ive watched many threatening rain bands drift on by that other apps would have sent me running for cover. I’ve recommended this app to many contractor friends since and they all come back telling me how impressed they are. So I’m not sure how people are writing so many 1 star reviews.
Updated review. Well they did some app updates. The radar detail is still on point but now they drown the opening page with alert overlays that you can’t see the map. You can undo these overlays but there’s no way of saving. So every time you log in, the overlays all come back.
October 2017 update is not desirable
Not pleased that you have to set your location access to Always rather than just when using app in order to get radar at your current location. I don’t want any app accessing my location always and it made it a little less convenient to use this app.
Before this update, this app was my regular radar viewing app. Very good radar and the other options (forecast and video) are excellent.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New World Communications of Tampa, Inc.
- 106.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © The Weather Company