GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar to instantly record a performance, with support for up to 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops, and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops, and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps and stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange, and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, or iPhone
• Share your songs using email or to social media sites like SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro project from your iPhone, or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to some social media sites may require apps like iMovie, Clips or other third-party apps
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I like this app a lot and I honestly think that once I get better at producing music, that this could be a go to for me until I get to a professional stage in my career. The only problem is that there aren’t a lot of sound packs to choose from and it kind of gets boring after a while hearing the same sounds over and over again in almost all of your songs. So I think there should be more sound packs to choose from and that there should be more loops as well cause anytime I look through there it’s always very repetitive and boring. I also think there should be a quick tutorial cause I’ve had a lot of friends delete this app just because it was hard to navigate through and figure out what was what and where they could edit certain loops or some of their own samples at. It doesn’t have to be suuuper long but it should just go over the basic aspects of the app and where everything is at so that it’s easier for new producers to find stuff. Overall I’d recommend downloading this app cause it’s worth the while (at least until it gets old and boring but I still get on sometimes) I almost forgot to add that I also think it’d be a nice feature if you were to add a hidden loops list where you can remove loops from the general list and specific genres and things so that whenever you’re looking for some good loops you don’t come across the ones you know you’ll never use or just don’t vibe with.
Let’s Do It!
This is a fabulous app that is an absolute Must for writers/arrangers who get stuck alone (not good) at airports, parking lots, Etc ..
The sounds are absolutely fabulous! I could pick nits and say that on cannot press the drum-stick into the drumhead depressing just enough to tighten the next strike to a different semi-tone ... but I won’t. It is great for mapping out numerous tracks of a song in your head with symphonic strings or Japanese instruments (of which I had never heard) but which sound very Celtic. It is a candy store with invisible, one -way lids: they keep the candy clean but you can reach right through and grab whatever you need for the next part of your song!
It is absolutely almost all of the “Jetson-type“ musical things about which I dreamt as a child. Everything for a complete rainy afternoon at my fingertips! If you can imagine it, most likely you can write it on this with the use of myriad tools. It’s learning curve is practically idiot proof – as attested to buy my ability to use it with such ease. Get this wonderful app and open up all the windows you can find As You Need and use them: choose a few at the beginning and find out how incredibly wonderful it is as you add on to your knowledge and your abilities.
I am waiting to hear that someone has used this for an entire movie score ... it will not be long in coming – if it hasn’t already happened!
Thank you for presenting this app to all of us to use it! It is almost God-given!
I’ve heard of this app before from teachers, friends, and family, and I decided that I would give it a shot! When I first downloaded the app, I wasn’t sure what it was going to be like, but now that I have it, I am highly impressed! This app is so cool in so many different ways! Let me tell you about this app!
Garage Band has many different styles of music and different instruments. You can download different styles of music for free! This will give you access to more instruments, sounds, and more! My personal favorites were 8-bit Legends, Trak Girl, Soulection, Tom Misch, Oak Fedler, and Chinese Modern. When you choose one, you can play around with the sounds and instruments and pick which ones you would like to play in your song. When you hit the record button, you can click which sounds you want to play at that moment and the tune. You can get a little creative and play around with the tones, tempo and more! I am a dancer, and I liked having the opportunity to make some fun songs to dance to! All of your Garage Band Songs will be saved in files. Another good thing about this is that you can share your songs with other people through iMessage, email, Airdrop, Notability, Notes, Freeform, and more!
This app is really cool and fun! You should give it a try and let your inner music maker shine! ☺️
Look for more reliable review at ⭐️five star reviews⭐️
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 17.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.