With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Access files from external hard drives, SD card readers, and USB drives
• Support for Dark Mode and new Share sheet in iOS 13
• When adding theme music in project settings, the soundtrack automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Provides performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
the app is starting to crash ..
This app is extremely great. It it so great for comedy videos and vlogs and more. This is the one and only app I use because it’s the best..but, it’s been crashing lately all sudden..while I’m working on my video, it’ll turn the screen black and won’t let me see the video at all. also when I’m trying to split the video it wouldn’t show and when I tap on the clip it will take me back to the clip before. However, when I put sound affects into my clips, when it glitches or crashes, it will place the sound affects further back and not where I want it to be. I love this app but it gets me upset because I end up deleting my hard work project that I put effort in because of the crashes and how everything gets all over the place and messes the video up. I also tried saving my project before it gets worse instead of just deleting it but it told me “fail to export”. Please fix these issues because I don’t like dealing with this situation that kind of gets me upset and just wastes my time and so as other people. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Thanks you.
I’ve only seen 1080P results on an iPhone 8
As far as I can tell, iMovie works great. I had to do some overlay stuff (PIP) which required me to look up instructions for that online, and I learned a lot about other more “advanced” features as well. Once, during many, many edits of a short video, it did seem to stop working, so I just restarted it. I’m looking forward to adding my own music next to see how that works. It’s super easy once you get the hang of it after searching specific online instructions. I mean, skip the basic feature instructions, they are already very straightforward and more or less intuitive. And what a bargain it is!👍 Meanwhile, those other video editing apps might not even have the some of the features you want, except maybe for an extra charge, and/or vampirize your wallet with regular subscription fees, charge $90 for a one time fee, and end up having you in fetal position shaking like a leaf in a corner somewhere wondering how you, at least temporarily, lost that full, unlocked app you already paid a much better price for that went to a $ubscription plan. If this app crashes on your phone or iPad, I don’t have anything supercalifragilistic to say about that. So far, I have no complaints in that department whatsoever.
This app is bad
Lets start off with my first reason, this iMovie app does not allow you to have your own music so you cannot download a music track or song that you want unless you get a different app and share the music to iMovie but overall it is a hassle to do that. Second reason, this is also about the music deal, when I want to download a song, which I do from a great app Called documents, anyway when I do that it shows the song picture and then the music. You can detach the audio from the video or picture but you cannot delete the video or picture because if you delete either one of those it deletes the audio, that doesn’t make any sense why it does that. Third reason, it’s overall glitchy. For example when I want to add a picture it doesn’t give you the option to select things, which means you can select multiple pictures. It doesn’t have that Feature only at one period of time you can do that which is at the beginning. Fourth reason, when you want to do a trailer you do not have the option to edit what the trailer music is. For example I am a stop motion artist and I wanted to do a trailer for fun. But the last thing I wanted to do was add my own music, then I found out that you cannot add your own music. Wow that is also dumb.
- Apple Inc.
- 617.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.