TrackMyGolf delivers a golf swing analyzer right on your wrist. Watch your golf swing at up to 100 samples per second, as captured by the built-in motion sensors of your Apple Watch. There’s no extra hardware to buy (similar products sell for up to $150).
An Apple Watch is required in order to capture your golf swing analysis.
TrackMyGolf Golf Swing Analyzer Features:
- Find out your golf swing power and speed measured in MPH (speed measured is hand swing speed, not club head speed)
- Visualize your golf swing form in 3D
- Rotate view in any direction to look at your golf swing from any angle
- Up to 100 samples/second so that you can see details no human eye can capture
- A number of data reported including hand swing speed, tempo, swing plane, impact angle, swing path, grip angle, and golf swing power.
- Swing data stored in the cloud so that you can revisit at any time
- No Internet connection required during swing. Your golf swing analysis saved to cloud when the phone is connected to the Internet later.
- Support both left-handed & right-handed golfer
This golf swing trainer tool is extremely helpful in visualizing your arm movement through the swing. For example, you can visualize how your arm cross over through the impact zone. Another use of the Apple Watch golf swing reader, if you tend to cast early, you can visualize your arm pushing out and swinging outside in to compensate.
Advantages compared to other golf swing analyzers on the market:
- No hardware to buy, just use your Apple Watch. Other analyzers cost $150+
- No calibration, no set up. Start the golf swing trainer app and play.
- No switching. No need to switch the sensor when you switch the golf club.
- No extra weight. Nothing is attached to the shaft, so your golf swing power and form are never affected. You can even use it on the golf course to capture your game swings.
Please make sure you sign in to iCloud on your phone. This app stores your swing in iCloud so that you can visualize it on phone and review later.
Limitations: Because the sensor location is on your wrist, you will not see problems associated with your hand. For example, if you flip your hand or un-hinge too early, you will not be able to visualize the problem. However, a hand flip is usually a result of compensating for an early arm casting, so you can get a hint from your arm trajectory.
We appreciate your feedbacks. If you see a problem or have a suggestion, please do not just leave a negative rating (yes 4* is a bad rating, we have a high standard :-)), because we have no idea why. Tell us the problem so that we can improve the product. Better yet, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Like other reviews have mentioned, we provide a speedy support, we typically respond within 30 minutes.
The watch app will invoke HealthKit API to request starting a golf workout session when you click "start session" on the watch interface.
** Watch OS3 is required for this app. If it is not showing on your watch, go to Apple Watch app on Phone, choose "General->Software Update" and follow instructions. **
** You need to sign in to iCloud. All swings are stored in your iCloud account. No swing will show if you do not connect an iCloud account **
** Turn off sensors afterwards to save battery, by Force Touch, then choose "End Session" **
- Use button to end session, instead of Force Touch menu option
- Store swing on phone locally instead of iCloud. (Do not upgrade to this version if you want to see your past swings. Previous versions store them in iCloud, they will not be migrated over).
- UI improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Does a good job for what’s possible
Have to pay the $10 to see the swing but it’s worth it. Recreates the swing path well. I took the leap of faith with the $10 in app purchase, but it’s “just $10”, and it seems to be worth the $10. It’s on a $150+ smartwatch after all. To the developer: If you’re looking for better download to purchase conversion, try to give customers a “trial” or regulated amount of swings to see the premium stuff in action. Like “5 premium swings a day” or “First 15 swings get free premium”. My only hesitation to purchase was that I was worried the swing mapping would be poor, but after purposefully doing wacky swings and club releases, I could see you made a good tracker.
Wish I had TrackMyGolf from the start
I have only been playing this wonderful game now for a little over a year following lessons at my local driving range. These lessons teach you the standard day to day points of golf, stance ,grip etc and set goals for next lesson but as a new player eager to learn and practice we all try and all make mistakes without the knowledge of why? This app gives you these answers and more! My wife brought me this for Christmas after watching me looking at the website. My practice now is more focused, each shot is measured for me to understand and correct. Instruction is available to aid in different approaches to looking at the issues instead of someone saying try again. I'm proud to wear this and within 5 weekends change my golf so much that people around me think I've been in on a golfing training holiday! TrackMyGolf is simple to use, understand and more importantly will help you change your game!
I downloaded this App, and after just 1 swing, I received a screen blocker that said, for a limited time, I can upgrade for “only $9.99”. I think they should state, up front and before one downloads the App, that to use it you MUST have the premium version. Stupid marketing. They say that they don’t want negative reviews, well then they need to wake up and realize that deceptive actions should be reserved only for politicians, not “honest “ businesses.
The developer responded to my above review. They said I do not need the Premium version to get it to work, but they did not tell me how to unlock the screen blocker. I made the mistake in my response and told them that I tried to use it on an iPod and an Apple Watch series 4, rather than my iPad Pro. They responded that this app is probably not for me. Still only 1 star. When they tell me how to unlock their blocker, I will consider changing my review.
Developer Response ,
You can use the app without premium. The free version auto detects swings, and reports four basic metrics on the watch. If you want to see more metrics and analyze on phone, you need premium. This is the common Freemium model every app uses.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vimo Labs Inc.
- 62.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © copyright 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Swing Analyzer Premium Membership $9.99