The Green Mountain Power app gives our customers all the tools and information needed to manage their account. Take care of essential tasks like making a payment or reporting an outage in just a few taps. View your current balance, outages affecting you, usage, generation, and more.
GMP customers can sign in using their My Account username and password. GMP customers that don’t already have a My Account login can register in the app.
Report and Monitor Outages
- Report outages
- View up-to-the-minute outage information
- Estimated restoration times
- Live outage map of Vermont
- Search towns and see outage status
Bills and Payments
- View your current balance
- Make payments
- Save payment methods
- View current and past bills
- Enroll in a payment plan (for eligible accounts)
Usage and Generation
- A simplified summary lets you monitor your usage in-between bills
- Explore usage in a bar graph, line graph or list
- Get usage data down to the hour
- See average temperature and sun conditions for each day and hour
- Manage your service account and profile settings
- Set a nickname and photo for your service account
- Switch to ebilling
- Update phone numbers and address
- Data Refreshing
- Bug Fixes:
- Fix crashes due to data issues.
- Billing Amount entry input now has an entry indicator
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is ok for what it is but it’s missing some common sense features. If you want to view your usage or pay your bill, you can use the GMP app to do that and overall the app works well and is easy to use. However, it’s nearly 2018 and I think it’s fair to expect more. The app does not have an option to remember your password, nor does it allow fingerprint or facial recognition as a means to log in. You must type your password every time. It also does not allow you to save payment information or use Apple Pay. You have to actually enter all of your credit card information every time. I think this may also be a way to encourage customers to sign up for automatic payments but that’s not the way to do it. I’m a customer, I have an account. I know that GMP can do better.
Worse than before the update
The usage is sporadic some days is up to date and other it’s delayed three or four days. Before the update it was updated by 5:30 every morning, this makes it very frustrating trying to track solar usage. I already have a terrible solar co app now GMP app is just as bad.
Great tools - New face easier to use
Overall this is a good tool for keeping track of your GMP account, including overall status, reporting that your power is out and paying your bill online.
Comments on latest version: I opened the revamped app for the first time and overall it looks better. Personally I prefer the light vs dark theme and toolbar on the bottom (vs scrolling screen to access features). But this looks great.
I like that you can immediately see if they think your power is out and report if that just happened. Though when the power is down, I wish they would let you zoom the map to see the extent of the outage, but that didn't work on my iPhone. I also like that the power usage figures include how much solar power you generate.
UPDATED on 7/2/19. They fixed the minor bug and even emailed me to let me know. That's what I call good customer service.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.