kumo cloud® enables you to monitor and manage Mitsubishi Electric mini-split systems installed in your home or building at any time and from anywhere. kumo cloud gives you the ability to effortlessly control your home’s comfort. Whether you’re out for the day or the month, whether you want to cool down, or warm-up, kumo cloud gives you the control. Set schedules, view alarms, and much more all in your app.
The kumo cloud app can integrate with Amazon Alexa or Google Home smart home devices for smart home voice control and automation. The kumo cloud app can also expand your heating and cooling system capabilities with IFTTT Applet integration.
With kumo cloud you can:
• Monitor and change temperature, mode, fan speed, and vane direction of an indoor unit, entire group of units, or the whole home
• Receive alert notifications for equipment errors, extreme temperatures, and unclean filters
• Program a schedule for any individual zone or the whole home
• For MXZ systems, kumo cloud can use a patented algorithm to automatically change a system from cooling mode to heating mode and back based on comfort needs.
• The ability for the contractor to add their contact information allowing them to be contacted quickly and easily with any concerns
kumo cloud also supports:
• kumo touch™ (MHK2) for a wireless local remote controller in each zone
• kumo station™ (PAC-WHS01HC-E) for control of third-party supplemental heaters (boiler, furnace, hydronic heating, etc.), dehumidification, humidification, and ventilation.
• The Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor (PAC-USWHS003-TH-1) can remotely measure and control temperature and humidity which can further increase comfort within the zone
The kumo cloud app requires one of the following Mitsubishi Electric wireless interfaces, installed by a qualified contractor into your Mitsubishi Electric indoor units.
• PAC-USWHS002-WF-2 (Wireless Interface 2) *Current model for sale*
• PAC-USWHS002-WF-1 (Wireless Interface 1)
• PAC-WHS01WF-E (Wi-Fi Interface)
For more information on how kumo cloud can manage heating and cooling in your home, visit https://www.kumocloud.com
New Features for the Owner
• Zones are available faster for users when using the app
• System response times improved by 50%
• Zone tiles now show room temp
• Show an on-screen message if the user enters an unsupported character in their account password
• Require users to confirm their account password a second time to ensure they typed it correctly
• Fixed the position and responsiveness of the top navigation buttons (Back, Next, Cancel, etc.)
• Login screen now has the banner message has been updated.
New Features for the Installer
• Wireless interface commissioning process will show a list of steps and provide feedback on the progress of each commissioning steps for a better commissioning success rate.
• Give installers the option to “Remember Installer PIN” for 12 hours
• On-screen clarification that the kumo cloud wireless interface only supports 2.4 GHz networks
• Show an on-screen message if the user enters a potentially unsupported character in network SSID or password
This release includes bug fixes and app enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Helping to keep Mom home
This Kumo Cloud Ap has given us peace of mind in knowing we can control the air conditioning and heating for Mom who lives alone and who has no short term memory and who was unknowingly sabotaging her comfort to turn the air conditioner off and the heat down for fear of cost. She now has a Mitzubishi unit that she never has to think about, which is quiet and she does not know how to control. We control it remotely. We set it and check on it at the seasonal changes that come our way. She is comfortable and we are at peace that she is in a safe / healthy temperature, inside despite the weather outside.
Developer Response ,
It is delightful to hear such positive words and it’s always a pleasure to serve our users near and far. If the is anything we can help with please let us know at 800-433-4822 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have had kumo cloud for 1 year controlling a single unit. Remote access is important for the vacation house. From day one, the interface only worked on local WiFi. Offsite access via web never worked. Two months ago, lost local WiFi access. Have had 3 kumo cloud tech support calls with no success. They kept on telling me I must have PW credential misspellings which is not the case. Tried rebooting the WiFi access device, reinstalling the iPhone app ( twice). Tried access on different iPhone (nope), rebooted WiFi router multiple times, changed WiFi router PW, changed to different WiFi 2.4 ghz channel, and more things I can’t remember. Mitsubishi knows this interface is horrible. The installers tell you this and even the tech support people say the same thing. I only have one question…..why has Mitsubishi not resolved this long running (many years) problem. Great heat pump but I won’t recommend it to anyone until this is resolved
Highly inconsistent, frustrating
This app is so buggy and inconsistent that it makes me regret getting a Mitsubishi mini split. Half the time when I open the app it cannot connect to my system (on first load… it usually takes a few tries to “refresh” and connect). More frustrating, the changes made through the app frequently do not correctly apply. For example, I will adjust the temperature. The app will show the change. (I try to use the app slowly and deliberately, since “quick” changes almost never work.) I’ll check back 10 minutes later and see that the change did not “take.” It is super frustrating to turn off the scheduled program and turn down the temperature when traveling out of town, only to return home and discover that I heated an empty space for days because this app did not work correctly.
Developer Response ,
This sounds like an issue for our customer and technical support teams, If you haven’t contacted them already, you may do so at 1-800-433-4822.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mitsubishi Electric US, INC.
- 38.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.