kumo cloud®, the Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating app, enables you to monitor and manage the mini split systems installed in your home at any time and from anywhere.
The kumo cloud app is only compatible with the following Mitsubishi Electric Wireless Interfaces (available to the US market), installed by a qualified contractor into your Mitsubishi Electric indoor units.
• PAC-USWHS002-WF-2 (Wireless Interface 2) *Latest model*
The Wireless Interfaces must be installed by a qualified Mitsubishi Electric contractor. Ask your qualified contractor about the compatibility of our interfaces with your systems. Compatibility charts for previous models can be found here: https://www.kumocloud.com/compatibility.
With kumo cloud you can:
• Monitor and change temperature, mode, fan speed, and vane direction of a zone for all the zones in your different homes.
• Receive alert notifications for equipment errors, extreme temperatures, and unclean filters.
• Program a schedule for any individual zone or the entire home.
kumo cloud also supports:
• Integration with kumo stationTM (PAC-WHS01HC-E) for control of third-party supplemental heaters, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and ventilation systems.
• The Wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensor (PAC-USWHS003-TH-1) that provides remote sensing capability to the Wireless Interface.
• System changeover to allow multi-zone systems to negotiate the transition from heating to cooling and back automatically, even on systems that are not capable of heating and cooling simultaneously.
• IFTTT integration of third-party devices and services.
For more information on how kumo cloud can manage heating and cooling in your home, visit https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/kumocloud.
• Integration with Wireless Interface 2 and the MHK2 controller.
• Selection of a time zone for a site.
• Control of Wireless Interface 2 LED lights through the app.
• User interface improvements as well as bug fixes and other feature improvements.
• Enhanced compatibility for iOS 14
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lacking a lot of multi zone features
Great for setting temperatures for multiple zones... unless you have zones with vastly different heating/cooling needs.
The app doesn’t facilitate switching back and forth between zones to keep all zones as close to desired temp as possible (can’t heat and cool at the same time). Our basement is always cold, and when kumo switches to heating down there, it wont check any other zones for cooling needs until the basement reaches the goal temp. By the time the basement reaches the set temperature, we’re upstairs cooking at 10 degrees over the set temperature.
Ideally the app would be able to re-evaluate every 20 minutes and pivot to address the zone(s) that are farthest from the desired temperature.
These units don’t connect reliably in Kumo. They have Bluetooth, WiFi and work through and app and then a cloud somewhere other than Mitsubishi because they would know how poorly they work. I have 20 units and I got one to connect. My WiFi is strong and brand new. Issue is the cheap hardware and the complexity of the cloud it connects too. You even have to enter your WiFi password permanently into app - that doesn’t sound safe in the cloud.
The units are wired together already, why have separate remote connections? $35,000 system and this is the weakest link on an otherwise reliable system. Mitsubishi rep couldn’t have even set up after 4 hours of crawling in the attic. Please replace or lean something from NEST. Otherwise wire them together or give us our money back for a feature that does not work. Seriously, you have to know if your app is getting a 1 star for several years you have a problem.
The app and the underlying cloud service are absolutely terrible. Mitsubishi should be embarrassed to release such a buggy app and such a poorly performing cloud service. It is astonishing that by now Mitsubishi has not reached a technical software standard more appropriate for the year 2020. The latency of the cloud service makes the app almost unusable. The app's user interface is very dated, unintuitive, provides useless error messages, changes are randomly not persisted, and generally does not function well on iPhones without Home button. (The hit targets are far too small, buttons have to be touched multiple times to even recognize an action.) As of Sep. 2020 the app has not been updated in eight (8!) months. Unbelievable and extremely disappointing!
After having upgraded to iOS 14 (using an iPhone 11 Pro) it's no longer possible to create or edit program schedule events, the event start time cannot be edited using the down arrow, attempting to use numerical values results in random numbers being entered. Unusable.
Many other usability issues, predating this iOS 14 related issue, have already been reported in my previous feedback. This app & cloud service needs to be updated radically and urgently.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.