The app for travelling by tram, (night) bus, metro and ferry in Amsterdam and the rest of the Netherlands. Your indispensable travel buddy for frequent travellers or for just a visit. Quickly and easily plan your trip from home to work, a restaurant or the theatre or from Schiphol to your hotel or B&B. Check whether there is a diversion or delay on your route. You always have your favourite line’s up-to-date departure times at your fingertips. And now it’s also possible to purchase a barcode ticket for immediate travel.
What the GVB travel app offers you:
- Up-to-date travel information: always the most reliable and up-to-date travel information for the GVB network as well as for all other public transport companies in the Netherlands.
- Trip planner: plan your trip to any address in Amsterdam or the rest of the Netherlands.
- Alert for disruptions: turn notifications on for your favourite line(s). You will receive an Alert if there’s a diversion or disruption. You can set this for certain days and time periods.
- Crowd indicator: in each requested travel advice, you can immediately see how busy a service is expected to be.
- Bicycle as before and after transport: under travel preferences, you can easily indicate whether you will start or end your trip by bicycle.
- Travel only with GVB: if you have a GVB travel product, e.g. a GVB hour/day or GVB Flex, and only want to travel with GVB lines, it’s easy to set this in your travel preferences.
- Save favourites: save your favourite locations in Amsterdam with just one click. It’ll then be even easier to plan your next trip.
- In-app ticket purchase: you can buy tickets via the app for one hour or for more hours/days and activate them immediately so you are ready to travel. Easily check in and out using your mobile.
Why are travellers using the GVB app even more?
- Unique Touch Swipe planner – The most personalised trip planner in the Netherlands. Simply swipe from your current, favourite or any other set location to the key places of interest in the city and your trip will be planned instantly. Then you can personalise your destinations. Select your destinations from a list of main locations in Amsterdam and surroundings, and save them for later use.
- Personal dashboard based on your travel profile. Directly access the key functions for your travel profile via your main screen. For example, if you use the app mainly for commuting, you will find your set regular route in your dashboard. In that way you always have the up-to-date departure times at hand.
- You can compose your own menu to display the functions which are most useful to you.
- Check the latest updates on disruptions and planned diversions.
- Search for up-to-date departure times by location, stop name or line. (available from mid-May 2021)
- Get in touch with GVB Customer Service quickly and have direct access to GVB Services such as lost & found or missed check-out (claim a refund for missed check-ins or check-outs).
- Fully available in Dutch and English.
In this version we have conducted a small optimisation regarding checking in- and out with your debit card.
We are curious how you experience traveling with the GVB app. So please leave a review in the App Store. If you have any questions, call (0900-8011), app (+ 31 6 83099189) or mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) us. Our employees are more than happy to help.
Ratings and Reviews
Paid but no valid tickets
We easily bought tickets for our visit next month. When we received the tickets, we were surprised to see they expire one week before we arrive. There is no apparent way to get a refund.
Developer Response ,
Dear Southern Girl, thank you for your review. The tickets have a limited validity indeed of 1 month. So if you prepare the trip please buy them like 1 week in advance. If you contact our customer service it should be possible to get a refund. See our website www.gvb.nl for the contact information of our customer service.
I used the app everyday and this new app have a lot of things that help people but also information. In the old app you could track the bus and know if was delayed and for how minutes, now is not much information about the bus that you are waiting. I hope this could be fix in the future. Knowing if the bus was delayed help a lot specially on tinder times.
I hope things can be fix, I do like the new app.
Developer Response ,
Dear Arends87, thank you for your feedback and appologies for the late reply. We did fix the time table with real time data, but you can not yet see the vehicle moving on the map. It is on our wish list and as soon as the data is good enough we will implement this.
Does everything I need it to
I just need directions and to know the present value of my card.
It’s so easy to buy tickets that I don’t need an app for that.
I don’t get all this negative reviewing.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GVB Exploitatie B.V.
- 22.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © GVB Exploitatie BV
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.