**Please note Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial for annual memberships. Don't like subscriptions? You can also buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase.**
Halide is an App Store Editor's Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore's "App of the Year 2020," Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and The Sweet Setup's "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone."
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
- Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max.
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, or SE2
Hello, hallo, 今日は! This update has even more localized phrases for all of you using Halide around the world. Happy photographing!
Ratings and Reviews
Your iPhone has an excellent camera and the picture wizards at Lux Optics want to help photographers make the most of it. Hey presto: Halide Camera! It’s designed around two principles: the kind of granular settings you’d expect from a professional DSLR; and a slick, one-handed interface that complements today’s devices.
I’m new to IPhone photography and I have an IPhone XR “yes I know the 12 is out “ but that’s not an option for me right now lol. I poured over review after review on which camera app was best for me as a beginner and was instantly drawn to Halide even though I was Nervous I wouldn’t understand how to use it. I went back-and-forth for about a week and all of a sudden the mark two announcement was made. I took that as a sign since Halide had already been out for a bit. With only a couple days using the app I have to say I feel like it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made on the App Store. The ability have the raw, JPEG and the mixed image is amazing Because it gives beginners the ability to actually see the difference side-by-side. The UI is very clean elegant and calm and very much appreciated by a noob like myself. I’m still in my Trial period but my photos look amazing and I cannot stop taking pictures lol. Super excited to edit some of my raw photos this evening. To all my newbies out there who may be in a position like I was where you want the best quality but you also need it to be cost effective and future proof you will not regret Halide . Ben, Sebastiaan,Rebecca,
Thank you for a beautiful product and Cheers to you all.
Top of the world!!! Nothing better!!!
First thing first; I have been a user from day one. I started taking pictures on my iPhone as a hobby, but I had no idea what I was doing. I took a photography class in college and someone told me about this app and it’s been magic and great times ever since!!!!
It’s frustrating to see people get on her and bash these people about their own misunderstandings of what Mark 2 means for mark 1. As someone who purchased the app early I still get to enjoy the features of this new app for no extra charge!!!! Most devs try and force you into buying the new app because they drop support for the old on, not these Devs. Updates until Dec 21 is fair.
The functionality and ease of shooting has allowed me to take some breath taking shots, I have even started making picture books for my friends. I love the tutorials within the app, would be cool to have a section were you offer classes on how to shot with a mobile camera, It would make the subscription model more appealing to those who may not want to go pay more than the original cost and help to bring in Mobile users who may feel intimidated by all the features or just want to learn mobile photography, you could even offer a subscription for the classes alone if advertised correctly(worked in sales for a few years now, I know how to sell a product especially one this cool).
Anyway 5 stars!!!! Amazing app and I’m looking forward to your future. Keep killing!!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lux Optics Incorporated
- 21.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lux Optics Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly $11.99
- Monthly $1.99
- One Time Purchase $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.