Mobile iOS Client for the Handbid(TM) Silent Auction service. This client allows bidders who are invited to Handbid(TM) powered silent auctions to bid on items from their mobile device, manage bids and proxy bids, checkout, issue payment, and get a receipt.
Handbid has powered hundreds of events and delighted thousands of bidders in the process. With native apps for iPhone well as a kiosk app available for the iPad for non-smartphone users, there is not a better experience and solution for running your silent auction.
Here are 3 great reasons to use Handbid for your next event:
1. Our mobile app experience is second to none. Your bidders will love it! And yes, they WILL download an app on their phone!
2. Handbid is built for AUCTION HOSTS by AUCTION HOSTS. Handbid has been powering silent auctions since 2011 and we have been running auctions ourselves much longer than that. We know how hard it is and we have built this system to make it EASY for you, your volunteers, and your guests.
3. Our commitment to service is as great as our software. We get as many (if not more) compliments on our customer service as we do on our software. You can be assured we will do everything we can to make your experience as smooth and easy as possible.
Common questions about Handbid:
- How does it work?
Your guests will download our app to bid.
- Can people pay though Handbid
Yes! We have integrated payments in the app so that at the end of the night, your guests can view and pay their invoice without having to stand in line. Our system supports all major credit cards as well as Apple Pay! Can you accept payments outside of Handbid? Sure (cash, check or your own CC system)
- Do you provide on-site support?
Yes we can do that. We have built Handbid to be easy enough to use where you can train and do it yourself, but we certainly do offer onsite experts who can do it all for you or even just provide extra "tech support" the day of your event.
- How much does it cost?
We offer a number of fixed price packages that are based on the size and number of events you run. Please contact us or visit our website to view all of our pricing.
- It looks cool, but is it worth the investment?
Absolutely. Sure, you expected to hear us say that. But remember, we run auctions for our own organizations. We know you are on a tight budget and you want to maximize dollars for your program services. Handbid more than pays for itself. Most of our clients see anywhere from a 30% to 50% increase over what they did before. Some even higher.
Put it this way, this is one investment that will generate more revenue at your event. You can't say the same for your caterer, venue or even the band.
What are you waiting for? Download the app already? Sign up! Its free to check out. Just go into our demo auction and start to bid around. Trust us, we won't make you pay for what you bid on there!
Check out our iPad kiosk app, also in the iTunes App Store. Play with both of them!
Have fun, play around, then give us a call and lets get started! Your bidders are waiting for an awesome auction experience. Don't deny them what they deserve!
With love -
The Handbid Team
We have made the following upgrades to the App:
- Organizations can now prompt bidders to pay the CC transaction fees. This will now appear as a request to the user prior to completing a transaction. This will only appear if the auction manager has enabled this from their settings.
- For certain merchants, we now collect the billing zip code as part of the CC form
- We cleaned up a few minor issues here and there to make the app faster and better ;-)
Ratings and Reviews
Reluctant to d/l, but ended up great.
Wife and I downloaded this app for a local school fundraising event. The app worked flawlessly and was very user friendly. I really like the interface. One thing I would change would be to allow "favorites" for individual auction items.
Overall good; iterative improvements needed
Overall this is a great way for both sides of an auction to participate, bid and manage a silent auction. Suggested improvements: let users take their name off of an item, just like they can scratch their name off of a bid sheet if they change their mind. Also: think through the navigation and what’s included in the profile. I could find where my CC info was or how to change it or my bid number easily when first opening the app. Enable more side to side navigation when looking at a bid item status: currently it feels like you’re in a rabbit hole. But these are incremental improvements that any good product owner would make after getting the core feature set out there. Overall it’s a good app.
Suggestion for program
Nice app but could be a little more user friendly so you could see all the bid categories on a front page to click on. It seems like you get lost in the bidding process and can’t figure out where you are and don’t even know what there is to bid on. Keep in mind I use this program once a year. It should be as if you get it right away when you pick it up even if you only use it once a year.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.