HeartCast enables you to use your Apple Watch as a heart rate monitor with your Peloton Bike and Bluetooth supported fitness equipment. HeartCast is Free and AD Free!
HeartCast: Heart Rate Monitor for Apple Watch
Broadcast your heart rate from your Apple Watch to Bluetooth Low Energy compatible devices. Including the Peloton Bike and Tread. Replace your existing heart rate equipment with the Apple Watch you already wear and love.
Monitor your Heart Rate Zones from your Apple Watch or iPhone. This feature can be toggled off.
HeartCast is powered by Bluetooth and you! We use Bluetooth open standards to communicate directly with your fitness equipment. Your heart rate data never leaves your devices.
* Free to download and use forever.
* Ad Free, forever.
In App Purchases
* HeartCast is completely free to download and use forever.
* If you'd like to support Heartcast feature development, please consider purchasing our Pro Upgrade. New features and improvements in the works.
About Your Privacy
* HeartCast monitors your heart rate and broadcasts it over Bluetooth to nearby compatible fitness equipment.
* HeartCast does not monitor or collect any other personal information!
* HeartCast does not write to your Apple Health data explicitly. Apple Watch automatically saves some basic metrics during a workout and contributes directly to closing your Activity Rings.
* HeartCast does not save, store, or transmit your heart rate data to any external services. It is only used within the app and your nearby Bluetooth enabled devices.
* HeartCast utilizes Google Analytics and Google Crashlytics to improve our features and identify and resolve critical issues with the application.
* HeartCast is not affiliated with Peloton or any other fitness equipment provider.
1) Start HeartCast App on your watch and iPhone
Heart Rate will sync between the two devices.
2) On your Watch, press the Start button to begin a workout. This enables bluetooth and begins to broadcast your heart rate to nearby devices. It also enables HeartCast to run in the background during your workout.
3) Breathe easily and never wear those uncomfortable chest straps again.
* An Apple Watch and iPhone. Not supported on iPad.
* Access to Apple Health to read your heart rate data
* Access to Bluetooth to cast to your fitness equipment
Supported Fitness Equipment
* Peloton Bike, Tread, and iPad App
* TacX Smart Trainer Software for MacOS and iPad.
* TrainerRoad - Reported by TrainerRoad Users.
* Wahoo Fitness iPad App (Not supported on Wahoo Bike Computers)
* Please send us a note if HeartCast works on other fitness equipment!
For assistance please message us on Instagram and Twitter @HeartCastApp
For frequently asked questions and additional support please visit our website: https://help.heartcast.app/
HeartCast was built with love by an avid Peloton user.
* UI and usability fixes and improvements,
* Fix restoring the ability to save "age" and "resting heart rate" permanently (again).
* Fix for the Watch app that affected HeartCast when it was in the background for 3+ hours. Now reinitializes the heart rate query to bring life back to the app automatically.
* Feature: Added a toggle switch to allow HeartCast to prevent the iPhone from sleeping during a workout. A requested feature for folks who prefer to view their heart rate on their iPhone display.
* Patron Shout Outs!
Ratings and Reviews
I have to turn my watch off or reinstall the app every time I use it. It is great when it works but this issue is causing me a lot of frustration.
Update: the app is very unstable and has become unusable. I have to reboot my watch and phone every time I use it. I don’t know if this is an iPhone/watch issue or an issue with the app. And it won’t reliably connect to my peloton anymore. Sometimes it drops in and out; sometimes it takes a while to connect and sometimes it won’t connect at all. Again, it is great when it works because it saves me having to wear a heart chest monitor or otherwise seeking a work around for peloton. But, it has not been reliable and when it takes me 5 minutes or so to start the app and get it working it throws off my workout routine.
Please get this app stable! It is so good when it works.
This saves time & money and removes hassle.
My stupid cardiologist wants me to track HR while exercising. Okay great. I have peloton bike (not + version) but only 2 years old. I HATE wearing a chest strap to track HR. The chest strap HRM that came with the bike was never a great solution anyway - often it just would not connect. I even tried another Peloton branded chest HRM and that failed to connect just as often. I tried a HRM (~$50) that is worn on forearm and it worked for a few months then died. And don’t forget how dumb I felt wearing a forearm HRM and having it sit right next to my seemingly ineffectual Apple Watch. I hated the fact that the Apple Watch is a great HRM but was unable to work with the bike, and therefore forced me into another piece of hardware.
So I stumbled onto this app Thru a review on a random blog. (‘Champaign and coffee stains’). They detailed a process and usage that was simple and effective.
It’s a great app. I would gladly pay $$ to put the apple watch to good use and not have to wear an annoying HRM.
A superior and free way to connect your Apple Watch to Peloton
One of the few frustrations of the Peloton platform is its inability to use your Apple Watch as a heart rate monitor. I’m not going to get into a discussion of whether Apple or Peloton is to blame for this, just note that it is a frustration looking for a solution. Here is your solution.
HeartCast runs on your iPhone and Apple Watch simultaneously, taking your pulse from your watch, broadcasting it to your phone, which then rebroadcasts it in a way that Peloton recognizes as a true heart rate monitor. Genius. And guess what — the app is free.
I tried to use another similar app, which is quite popular, and uses the “freemium” model. That is to say, the app forces you to watch a long commercial unless you upgrade it for a fee. I could never get it to work. From what I can tell, the length of the commercial may have caused the bike to disconnect from the Peloton before it could even get started. There are many posts online as to how to get around the problems with this other app. I suppose I could have paid to upgrade it and see if that solved my problems. But can you imagine the frustration if I had paid for the app and it still didn’t work. So instead I downloaded HeartCast. For free. And I never looked back. In fact, I’ve been so pleased that I made a voluntary donation to the developer.
Save yourself some grief and check it out. You won’t be disappointed.
Developer Response ,
Uwlaw94, thank you for this great review and for your donation. Your support is much appreciated. ♥️
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shawn Carrillo
- 4.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Shawn Carrillo, Logic Phase
- In-App Purchases
- HeartCast Pro $1.99