** Please read requirements and limitations before purchasing **
More information is available at concept2.com/ergdata
ErgData is a free iOS application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. For full use, ErgData requires a connection to a Concept2 Indoor Rower, BikeErg or SkiErg. This may be either a wireless connection to a Concept2 PM5, or a special cable for PM3 or PM4. Once connected, ErgData provides additional statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model), SkiErg or BikeErg with PM3, PM4, or PM5 monitor.
Note: Updating the firmware (software) in the PM3, PM4, or PM5 may be required.
- iPhone 4S or later, or an iPod touch 5 or later. iOS 9 or higher.
- If using a PM3 or PM4 a cable may be available from liverowing.com
- If using a PM5 then a connection may be made using Bluetooth Smart instead of a cable. A firmware update to the PM5 may be required for all Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs shipped before Jan 1, 2015.
See concept2.com/ErgData or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information
- Displays your workout data in real time.
- Offers a choice of two screens:
1) Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, Calories, or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
2) Screen showing:
-> Drive Length
-> Drive Time
-> Average Force
-> Peak Force
-> Drag Factor
-> Stroke Count
- Replaces your LogCard: ErgData logs all your workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information. (Suggestion: Do not use LogCard with ErgData or this feature will not work)
- Syncs workouts with the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Works with the Health app. Saves heart rate, Calories and basic workout data. Syncs with the user's weight.
- Displays weight-adjusted scores.
- Allows you to view different units on your monitor and iOS device (for example, you can display watts on the iPhone while viewing average pace on the monitor).
- Collects heart rate information from PM4 or PM5 when the PM4 or PM5 is connected to a heart rate measuring device.
- Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen.
There are some things about Concept2's LogCard that ErgData does NOT do:
- ReRow workouts
- Store Favorite workouts
- Store Game scores (like Fish Game)
- Support NFC for iPhone 11 and and SE 2nd Generation.
- Updated French translations.
- Modifications to weight selection to provide consistent user experience.
- Additional support for Health App to read/write weight info.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well as a tracker, leaves much on the table
As others have mentioned, the app does well at what it says it will do: namely track and upload workouts. From a user experience, the ease of connecting via Bluetooth and the landscape limitation needs significant improvement.
The landscape mode in particular keeps this from being an app that is more useful. It is impossible to create an account in-app for example - solely because Input in landscape mode is hindered. When not not connected to an erg via Bluetooth, the layout should switch to portrait to present and interact with data. These intuitive design (non) choices are just a few examples of why users say this app is stuck in the past.
Because Bluetooth connection is the primary connection to a PM5 with said capability, this feature should be prominent. Instead it is buried and difficult to interact with in the UI. All of that leads to frustration when hands are sweaty and muscles engaged from a workout, in on the midst of one.
Apple Watch integration of heart rate data would be a nice to have in a future release, as would additional Apple Watch features.
Useful & cool extension of PM5
First, I would like to say that I’m glad concept2 is more focused on making the best, most durable erg out there rather than being a tech company creating a fancy app. This app expands on what the PM five will show about each stroke and it easily syncs up with the online logbook. Very useful!
I don’t understand why all of these complainers think this app should be more than what it is. It seems like there are plenty of 3rd party apps to choose from. I haven’t tried those other rowing machine apps yet, but I don’t need to and don’t want to, especially if they include ads which this app does not—thankfully. If you want a cool extension of the PM5 and an easy way to sync with your online logbook, this is the app for you.
The best at no-play logging
The combination of the easy interaction with the PM5 and enhanced data logging on the Concept 2 site make this the most useful real training app I’ve used. It connects easily via Bluetooth, and accurately tracks the workout without the glitchiness of some. It syncs quickly with you C2 account and provides full data on your workouts, so you can get spreadsheet or graphical views of your work. ErgData is the perfect data link between your C2 rower and C2 account, giving you truly useful and meaningful logging and information that you can apply to evaluate every workout to see if you’re progressing to your goal. That’s what it was designed to do, no frills, and I like it that way.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Concept2, Inc.
- 15.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Concept2