** Please read requirements and limitations before purchasing **
More information is available at concept2.com/ergdata
ErgData is a free iOS application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. For full use, ErgData requires a connection to a Concept2 Indoor Rower, BikeErg or SkiErg. This may be either a wireless connection to a Concept2 PM5, or a special cable for PM3 or PM4. Once connected, ErgData provides additional statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model), SkiErg or BikeErg with PM3, PM4, or PM5 monitor.
Note: Updating the firmware (software) in the PM3, PM4, or PM5 may be required.
- iPhone 4S or later, or an iPod touch 5 or later. iOS 9 or higher.
- If using a PM3 or PM4 a cable may be available from liverowing.com
- If using a PM5 then a connection may be made using Bluetooth Smart instead of a cable. A firmware update to the PM5 may be required for all Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs shipped before Jan 1, 2015.
See concept2.com/ErgData or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information
- Displays your workout data in real time.
- Offers a choice of two screens:
1) Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, Calories, or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
2) Screen showing:
-> Drive Length
-> Drive Time
-> Average Force
-> Peak Force
-> Drag Factor
-> Stroke Count
- Replaces your LogCard: ErgData logs all your workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information. (Suggestion: Do not use LogCard with ErgData or this feature will not work)
- Syncs workouts with the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Works with the Health app. Saves heart rate, Calories and basic workout data. Syncs with the user's weight.
- Displays weight-adjusted scores.
- Allows you to view different units on your monitor and iOS device (for example, you can display watts on the iPhone while viewing average pace on the monitor).
- Collects heart rate information from PM4 or PM5 when the PM4 or PM5 is connected to a heart rate measuring device.
- Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen.
There are some things about Concept2's LogCard that ErgData does NOT do:
- ReRow workouts
- Store Favorite workouts
- Store Game scores (like Fish Game)
- Support NFC for iPhone 11 and and SE 2nd Generation.
- Updated French translations.
- Modifications to weight selection to provide consistent user experience.
- Additional support for Health App to read/write weight info.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works well as a tracker, leaves much on the table
As others have mentioned, the app does well at what it says it will do: namely track and upload workouts. From a user experience, the ease of connecting via Bluetooth and the landscape limitation needs significant improvement.
The landscape mode in particular keeps this from being an app that is more useful. It is impossible to create an account in-app for example - solely because Input in landscape mode is hindered. When not not connected to an erg via Bluetooth, the layout should switch to portrait to present and interact with data. These intuitive design (non) choices are just a few examples of why users say this app is stuck in the past.
Because Bluetooth connection is the primary connection to a PM5 with said capability, this feature should be prominent. Instead it is buried and difficult to interact with in the UI. All of that leads to frustration when hands are sweaty and muscles engaged from a workout, in on the midst of one.
Apple Watch integration of heart rate data would be a nice to have in a future release, as would additional Apple Watch features.
Piece of crap
Sorry, this is a piece of crap.
I wasn’t expecting a Peloton quality type of system, but I surely hope that they buy this company and move them from 1995 technology to 2021.
Simple things like having to use the bathroom during a long workout can’t be done without risking (almost impossible) that the PM5 system resets.
This app connects to the PM5 and seems to keep it on if you need a quick pause, but on the other hand it will lose the Bluetooth connection all the time and you can’t reconnect to an existing workout without a reset.
The PM5 firmware can’t be updated other than with a Windows Millennium installation type of instructions. If you want to relieve the 1990s computer crash experience, cables, and frustrations, go for it!
Hear me out! Someone is going to figure this out, the market is ready, and you guys will be another of those companies that could’ve-would’ve but didn’t.
**UPDATE** I felt bad about my review so I tried again but yeap, I was right, absolutely a piece of crap. 2.9 stars says it all. Can’t wait to see this company bought or passed over.
***UPDATE*** No, I don’t need to contact your support. Read what I wrote. You don’t need my help and I don’t need support. You need to bring your app from Windows Millennium to current standards.
Developer Response ,
Please contact customer support at email@example.com so we can help
Locked-in landscape mode makes this difficult to navigate. Lack of Apple Watch integration leaves a lot of room for additional data/metrics, e.g. weight relative to workout frequency, HR, exertion scoring, etc.
The app pulled my weight over from Health, but it nevertheless placed me in the wrong weight class. I am unable to scroll up in the weight or weight class sections of the settings in order to adjust them. Thus, the weight adjustment feature is not useful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Concept2, Inc.
- 15.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Concept2
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.