** Please read requirements and limitations before purchasing **
More information is available at concept2.com/ergdata
ErgData is a free iOS application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. For full use, ErgData requires a connection to a Concept2 Indoor Rower, BikeErg or SkiErg. This may be either a wireless connection to a Concept2 PM5, or a special cable for PM3 or PM4. Once connected, ErgData provides additional statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model), SkiErg or BikeErg with PM3, PM4, or PM5 monitor.
Note: Updating the firmware (software) in the PM3, PM4, or PM5 may be required.
- iPhone 4S or later, or an iPod touch 5 or later. iOS 9 or higher.
- If using a PM3 or PM4 a cable may be available from liverowing.com
- If using a PM5 then a connection may be made using Bluetooth Smart instead of a cable. A firmware update to the PM5 may be required for all Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs shipped before Jan 1, 2015.
See concept2.com/ErgData or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information
- Displays your workout data in real time.
- Offers a choice of two screens:
1) Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, Calories, or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
2) Screen showing:
-> Drive Length
-> Drive Time
-> Average Force
-> Peak Force
-> Drag Factor
-> Stroke Count
- Replaces your LogCard: ErgData logs all your workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information. (Suggestion: Do not use LogCard with ErgData or this feature will not work)
- Syncs workouts with the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Works with the Health app. Saves heart rate, Calories and basic workout data. Syncs with the user's weight.
- Displays weight-adjusted scores.
- Allows you to view different units on your monitor and iOS device (for example, you can display watts on the iPhone while viewing average pace on the monitor).
- Collects heart rate information from PM4 or PM5 when the PM4 or PM5 is connected to a heart rate measuring device.
- Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen.
There are some things about Concept2's LogCard that ErgData does NOT do:
- ReRow workouts
- Store Favorite workouts
- Store Game scores (like Fish Game)
Fix issues saving workouts
Ratings and Reviews
Needs iOS heart rate read access for Apple Watch users
Works as advertised, but it needs iOS read access of heart rate data for Apple Watch users who don’t want to wear or buy a duplicative chest strap or arm band for heart rate measurement. The iOS Activity app Workouts tab shows Apple Watch HR plot for each ErgData workout, and that data is also visible in other iOS apps, such as Workouts++ and Zones, which have options for write AND read access to heart rate in iOS Settings - Privacy - Health. Reviewing heart rate with data from the performance monitor is valuable. Other 3rd party apps can do this, such as Selfloops Spark. ErgData should be updated to turn this feature on, then it would be 5 stars.
Works as Advertised
I’m a fan of the app. It allows me to log my rows with a simple tap to the Concept 2 Logbook and Strava. It also gives more data than I know what to do with. I like the fact that it syncs seamlessly and updates the date and time of whatever Concept 2 I’m using. Couple this with the phone holder that goes atop the machine’s computer (available on Concept 2s site) and you can geek out during your workout. Its got some other neat features in their too like allowing you to dig into your workout data post workout. All in all it serves its purpose quite well.
Love my Rower...App not so much
I am fairly new to indoor rowing and love my C2 rower. The app is fine for why I got it. I use it to upload my row data to my online logbook but being new to rowing I wish it could offer tips on improving my sessions based on my results. I’ve been looking online to better understand what all the numbers mean but it would be cool if I could get the info from the app. I would love if this would work with my Apple Watch too; depending on where I have my rower sitting I sometimes have to set my phone in odd spots so using it on my watch would be awesome.
Sadly the app doesn’t represent the Concept2 brand as well as it should but it’s a good basic app.
- Concept2, Inc.
- 17.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Concept2
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.