Go digital with the #1 rated childcare app! Complete your preschool daily reports, schedules, attendance, check-ins and meal planning in half the time. Send parents daily sheets, pictures, videos and invoices they will love. Easily align lesson planning and development observations with your curriculum or guidelines. Download today and feel the freedom of being binder-less!
Here is what one of our thousands of happy directors had to say about HiMama:
"HiMama has become a huge asset for our school! Parents love the photos, and daily reports. Teachers all agree that it is extremely easy to use and replaces piles of paperwork."
Best of all, HiMama is an all-in-one solution with every feature you need to run your center effectively.
CHILDCARE DAILY DOCUMENTATION
• Daily reports - Fill out meals, snacks, sleep checks, toileting, activities and observations, medication and mood for individual children or multiple children at a time
• Flexible activity planning - Schedule activities and lessons on-the-fly or months in advance
• Attendance - Check-in children, record drop-off and pick-up times
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Photo and video observations - Tag real-time observations with images from the classroom
• Internal development reports - Follow a child’s development across developmental domains, skills and indicators
• Framework and curriculum alignment - Customized to fit your state or province’s early learning guidelines and compatible with Reggio-inspired, play-based, emergent, Montessori, and traditional programs
PARENT ENGAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION
• App parent portal - Parents can view photos, videos, daily reports and schedules, update their child’s information, and message educators in their own private, secure account.
• Real-time photo sharing - Parents can receive timely updates throughout the day
• Email, text, and in-app communication - Send messages, alerts and reminders to individual parents or an entire room
DIRECTOR AND ADMINISTRATOR FEATURES
• Attendance - Record absences and have oversight into check-in, check-out times
• Classroom reports - Ensure your preschool is running smoothly with attendance, sleep check, meal, toileting, and activity reports
• Parent and child information - Directors or parents can update contact, emergency, allergies and health information
• Menu planning - Input meal and snack schedule for parents to view and educators to use in daily reporting
• Enrollment management - View upcoming, current and graduated children, and schedule rotation
HiMama is secure, reliable and easy to use. All of the childcare center’s information is backed-up and synced, and can be accessed through any of our apps and our website.
We have a friendly customer support team that would be happy to answer your questions, which you can reach by phone (1-800-905-1876) or email (email@example.com).
Ratings and Reviews
Major feature needed
I have communicated this to the developers:
The 4-5 other care apps I have used have a sleep timer feature. One button to hit when a child falls asleep and hit it again when they wake. No need to edit in a sleep start time. In group care it’s unlikely you will remember exactly when each infant or toddler fell asleep. Naps also coincide with staff breaks at centers, the person in the room isn’t always the same person for the duration of a child’s nap and wouldn’t know what to edit the start time to. Or when a nap ended, if, just before the next staff came in. With the other apps, different staff can start the timer and end the timer when they woke, tracking it wouldn’t be tied to the original observer knowing when a child fell asleep. It’s time consuming to have to write this stuff down just to communicate with each other about it. The whole point of the app is to not have to write down care notes, and naps are a big part of the infant and toddler care routines.
Also, you can’t seem to open any pdf attachments from smartphones.
I love how the app allows me to see my child’s activities for the day! I’m frustrated though that even if I view my child’s report for the day (in two places within the app) and pull down to refresh, I still can’t get the notification to disappear unless I go back and refresh every day for the last two weeks to a month. Is there a way to just let the app figure out you’ve viewed the report in one area of the app (like All Daily Reports) and that removes the notification??? My OCD hates notification reminders :)
Please, please rename
The app loads slowly and updates slowly. The daycare center instance of it only loads at all maybe 20% of the time, leaving the teachers responsible for trying again and again after drop off to get it working.
ETA: another major miss is that unlike virtually every other childcare app out there, updates in the app don’t have times attached. So if the caregiver doesn’t have time/forgets to add the time manually, the update appears without a time. The whole point of knowing that your kid has eaten or napped is knowing when it happened, so you can plan the evening. Very strange that this common feature is absent.
Also the title is ridiculous. Fathers provide a substantial amount of childcare, including being on call for childcare-related contacts during the day - the implication that it’s always the mother is archaic and silly. I wish my center would use another app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.