The new SchoolMessenger app gives busy parents, students, and staff a powerful way to stay engaged with their school or district, and connect to each other.
- Easy-to-read inbox that captures all SchoolMessenger notifications, and now two-way teacher-parent-student messages (if enabled by school or district)
- Scrollable notification view to review all phone, email, and text content in a single place
- Detailed preference control allows adjusting notification settings
- Push notifications are available for alerts when school or district sends a message
- For notifications, school or district has SchoolMessenger notification service subscription with SchoolMessenger app enabled
- For notifications, valid email address on file with your school or district
- WiFi or data plan for internet access
- iOS 9+
SchoolMessenger app is not for sending broadcast messages. If you are a SchoolMessenger Communicate notification customer looking to send broadcast messages, please download the SchoolMessenger Admin sender app.
- Setup Wizard: Get started with SchoolMessenger using the Setup Wizard.
- In-app Feedback: For ease and convenience, users can now rate the app within the app itself.
- Bug fixes: Improvements made to saving Preferences and Push Notifications.
Ratings and Reviews
SchoolMessenger Info Center
I just downloaded this App. Had hoped for a little more within the App. Example: We use School Messenger at the school I work for, my kid's school also uses School Messenger. The email addresses in those systems are not the same. It appears as if you have to log out of one account (email address) and then log in as another account (different email address). The ability to kink multiple email address or school systems to a single account would make the App easier to use.
It is new, so I expect this will be a common suggestion and change in a future version.
This app has so many issues. It’s irritating that my school district chose it as our means of communication with parents.
1. It’s cute that parents can ❤️ a message but there is no way to find out who it is that liked it.
2. I can only send one picture at a time and half the parents can’t download it.
3. When I send out a group message and a parent comments, I can’t comment back to them directly. The whole group can see my message. It makes me look dumb. Instead I have to go back try and find that parent and remember what they asked and respond separately.
There definitely has to be a better way to do all this. Too many bugs to list. It is awful. 😡 I hope they can fix all this or my district can find an app that is easy, convenient, and actually WORKS!
After getting my colleagues and classroom parents all pumped up about using this app, I could not be more disappointed with the outcome. Currently, my school has the largest amount of participants signed on district-wide (85%). All I keep hearing is that School Messenger is ineffective. When I’ve asked why, here’s what I’ve heard:
1. It’s super laggy (slow).
2. It won’t allow me to post pictures/files.
3. It’s slow to load.
4. The font is really small with no ability to enlarge font size.
5. It only orients portrait on my iOS devices. (A landscape option would be nice).
6. My parents are complaining of not receiving my messages.
7. My parents are complaining of having text messages forwarded to inactive landlines. When they’ve attempted to update the account with current phone numbers, the app won’t allow them to.
8. Another parent complained of receiving messages in a language not spoken at home.
All in all, the parents and staff at my school are preferring to use Remind or Class Dojo over School Messenger. If things don’t change fast, you’re going to lose your clientele.
- Reliance Communications, Inc.
- 63.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 SchoolMessenger
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.