Whether you shoot with a DSLR or a point-and-shoot camera, this easy to use, easy to understand App will quickly improve your underwater photography as your camera's histogram is de-mystified and becomes your new best friend. Information in this App is useful for topside photography as well. Every shooter can benefit greatly from Histograms Explained!
Shoot like the pros! Histograms Explained is the second in the series of Underwater Photography Training Applications by David Fleetham & Marty Snyderman. With 80 years of combined professional experience in underwater photography, David and Marty share their tips to help you understand your camera's histogram for better images.
This App contains eight sections of training material, fully narrated, with photos taken by David Fleetham and Marty Snyderman to illustrate examples of histograms with their accompanying images, plus other training slides.
• Section 1: Your New Best Friend
• Section 2: Two Kinds of Histograms
• Section 3: Luminance Histograms
• Section 4: The Bell Curve Myth
• Section 5: Beware of the Goal Posts
• Section 6: Making Adjustments
• Section 7: RGB Histograms
• Section 8: The Color Channels
• Full narration
• Easy menu navigation
• Right-to-left, left-to-right swipe technology
• Chapter quizzes to reinforce learning
• One in a series of Underwater Photography Training Applications: Natural Light Images, Coordinating Natural Light and Strobes, Using Strobes Effectively, Silhouettes Underwater and Histograms Explained
iOS 14 Support.
Ratings and Reviews
Without a doubt one of the best photography apps that I have found. Not just for underwater photography but for photography in general. Great for beginners to intermediate and even advanced or semi-pro.
Exposure is key not only to producing a photograph but also to the expression of a photographers vision. Understanding the basics to reading a histogram may seem simple but it is one of the most misunderstood or overlooked tools provided with digital file capture.
This app provides a simple, easy to understand tutorial that will explain what information the histogram provides and how to understand this information to achieve the exposure that tells the story of your photograph.
Just woooooo bravo 🎊 woooooooooo I’m happy 😆 to have this
Thank you 🙏 woooooooooooooooo keep the work woooooooooooooooo I find this very very useful thank again and again
Don’t waste your money
This app is a failure of a app not working and you’re not learning anything from it at all I wasted $5 on it for nothing be aware this app is a scam this app shouldn’t have been on the App Store in first place
Developer Response ,
Shimonf26, Can you please let us know what didn't work and why you feel it should not be in the app store?
The application has been fine for everyone else. It is NOT a scam.
It is a training application for Underwater Photographers to better understand the Histograms on the cameras.
Thanks for your feedback.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Newmediasoup, LLC
- 220.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Newmediasoup, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.