Control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world. Home Assistant Companion lets you control all your devices and provides advanced location and notification engines to allow for complex mobile automations.
Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform that focuses on local control and privacy. Supported products include:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- Apple TV
- Belkin WeMo
- Dark Sky
- Google Assistant
- Google Cast
- IKEA Trådfri (Tradfri)
- Philips Hue
Home Assistant Companion requires an iPhone running iOS 10.3 or later and a configured Home Assistant instance. The instance must use Home Assistant Cloud or be accessible from the Internet and secured with a valid, non self-signed, SSL certificate for location tracking. Basic notifications work without external access.
NOTE: You will be signed out upon installing this release due to the team transfer. Learn more at https://companion.home-assistant.io/app/ios/about-the-move
- Actions are now automatically created for Scenes.
- Actions can be added to Siri when editing. They’ll also show up as Siri suggestions.
- “Perform Action” is now a Shortcut in the Shortcuts app.
- Random colors when creating an Action will be more compatible with each other.
- You can now read and write NFC tags in the app’s settings.
- Tags written by the app will show a notification when you bring your device near them. Activating the notification will launch the app and fire an event.
- Tags will work on any device with Home Assistant installed which has hardware support to read them.
- Added Dark Mode support for the frontend with HA 0.114+.
- Added automatic syncing of Push Notification Categories.
- Improved saving and editing of Actions, Push Categories, and Connection Settings.
- Reduced the app’s file size by nearly 50% (!) by compressing push sounds. There shouldn’t be any noticeable drop in quality.
- Added Czech, Ukrainian and Vietnamese localizations.
- Removed Robbie’s Patreon. Thanks again to all the backers for a great year!
- Removed Firebase Crashlytics in favor of Sentry.
- Removed Google Analytics
- Minimum versions now iOS 11.0 (down from 11.4) and watchOS 5 (down from 6). Shortcuts requires iOS 13.0 (down from 13.5), Today Widget requires iOS 12.4.
2020.5.1 and 2020.5.2 fix a few crashes discovered in 2020.5.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really good app
This works great, and gives a much nicer cleaner interface than bringing up HA on a web page in a browser.
I think there may be a bug in the iPad version as I am unable to get the location service working. When I select enable in preferences for location updates, the app freezes. This happens on both my iPads (air and pro). I don't have an iPhone to test it on.
Text notifications work good though. Haven't tried the more complicated notifications yet.
I note that in system configuration under privacy/location services, that the home assistant app doesn't show up. This may indicate that there is something missing in the pilist file (think I remember name correctly) in the xtools iOS development environment.
Developer Response ,
We believe the freeze has been fixed as of the last version. Try again and let us know if you are still having problems. Thanks for the feedback!
Best smart home software
Home Assistant is awesome, the best smart home software I’ve used for sure. It’s not the easiest to use sometimes, it does take some homework, but it is the most powerful. I love that it’s all self-hosted, I don’t have to worry about any information or communication in the cloud. There are so many integrations available that it surprises me sometimes. This app is great, it functions like you would expect this app to, as an extension of any other interface for the software. I can’t recommend this app enough, and Home Assistant in general if you dedicate the time to it.
Best home automation solution
A friend of mine got me interested, I delayed cause I was using Smarthings and wanted to get more out of my investment. But after moving to Home assistant everything in my home is automated it works flawlessly the app is great excellent service.
One caveat you have to have a lot of computer skills a lot of programming understanding and quite a bit of technological competence to set it up, but if you meet that criteria there’s nothing better than a Home Assistant.
- Nabu Casa, Inc
- 107.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2020 The Home Assistant Authors
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.