Control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world. Home Assistant Companion lets you control all your devices and provides advanced location and notification engines to allow for complex mobile automations.
Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform that focuses on local control and privacy. Supported products include:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- Apple TV
- Belkin WeMo
- Dark Sky
- Google Assistant
- Google Cast
- IKEA Trådfri (Tradfri)
- Philips Hue
Home Assistant Companion requires an iPhone running iOS 10.3 or later and a configured Home Assistant instance. The instance must use Home Assistant Cloud or be accessible from the Internet and secured with a valid, non self-signed, SSL certificate for location tracking. Basic notifications work without external access.
Welcome to Home Assistant Companion version 2019.1, also known as 2.0! It's been a very long time coming but it's finally here. Here's some of the new features in this release:
- Brand new push notification engine, powered by Firebase, for even more complex notifications than ever before, including critical notifications and much much more
- Siri Shortcuts: Now, you can interact with your Home Assistant via Siri and the Shortcuts app
- Apple Watch: Control your home via the Apple Watch app and monitor its status with Complications
- Widget: Quickly trigger actions at home via a widget. Also available via home screen icon
- Nabu Casa Cloud support: Cloudhooks and remote UI are here so you can (optionally) never open a port in your router again
- New connection engine: now you can have internal and external URLs for total customizability
There's plenty more new features and improvements to discover instead. Check the forums and the new documentation for more information.
Thanks for using Home Assistant Companion!
Ratings and Reviews
Best home automation solution
A friend of mine got me interested, I delayed cause I was using Smarthings and wanted to get more out of my investment. But after moving to Home assistant everything in my home is automated it works flawlessly the app is great excellent service.
One caveat you have to have a lot of computer skills a lot of programming understanding and quite a bit of technological competence to set it up, but if you meet that criteria there’s nothing better than a Home Assistant.
Great Home Assistant app!
I love this app. For anyone looking into home control and home automation, Home Assistant is an open source (free) platform for control and automation of all your devices. This iOS app is the mobile companion that gives you access to all the same views and features as you'd have while at home. With frequent updates and ample support, you can't go wrong. A huge thanks to the developers that put their time into this!! Great app!!
An awesome app to compliment awesome open-source home automation!
Very well made, allowing for both easy and advanced configuration for notifications, location tracking, and control. You will have to get your hands dirty setting up a Home Assistant controller in your home, but I highly recommend it. There are a lot of great things you can customize and automate if willing to learn.
- Robert Trencheny
- 180.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2019 Robert Trencheny
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.