Control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world. Home Assistant Companion lets you control all your devices and provides advanced location and notification engines to allow for complex automations.
Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform that focuses on local control and privacy. Supported products include:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- Apple TV
- Belkin WeMo
- Dark Sky
- Google Assistant
- Google Cast
- IKEA Trådfri (Tradfri)
- Philips Hue
Home Assistant Companion requires a configured Home Assistant instance. The instance must use Home Assistant Cloud or be accessible from the Internet and secured with a valid, non self-signed, SSL certificate for location tracking. Basic notifications work without external access.
- Add and manage additional servers in App Configuration.
- App features are multi-server aware. For example, notifications work on all servers.
- Changes how Shortcuts run on macOS 11 or later, hopefully improving reliability.
- Notification categories are now fully deprecated and support for them will be removed in macOS-2022.4. It's time to transition to in-notification actions. See the docs.
- Adds Audio Output sensors, showing the current active audio device.
- Renames Microphone to Audio Input for new installs.
- Adds button to export logs when showing an onboarding error to aid in bug reporting.
- Fixes error message for the `mobile_app` component not being loaded.
- Fixes error 404 when server URL has a trailing `/`.
- Fixes connecting when the internal URL doesn’t work but the external does. The app will now use the external only for connecting.
- Fixes Cloud not being enabled by default during onboarding.
- Fixes 'timeout' errors during onboarding if only an internal URL is set in the server config.
- Fixes potentially confusing error when "Local Network" privacy permission was not granted.
- Fixes a case where macOS onboarding would get stuck at Location permission.
- Fixes a confusing situation where the app expects Safari to open on macOS during onboarding but there's a system bug preventing it.
- Fixes time sensitive notification interruption levels not working.
- Fixes avatar in settings showing a black line on some edges, depending on font sizes.
- Fixes Focus changes on macOS causing incorrect/outdated information to be sent for other sensors.
- Actions, scene actions, and notification categories defined in the HA configuration with duplicate identifiers across multiple servers will fight each other; one server value will win.
Ratings and Reviews
Best smart home software
Home Assistant is awesome, the best smart home software I’ve used for sure. It’s not the easiest to use sometimes, it does take some homework, but it is the most powerful. I love that it’s all self-hosted, I don’t have to worry about any information or communication in the cloud. There are so many integrations available that it surprises me sometimes. This app is great, it functions like you would expect this app to, as an extension of any other interface for the software. I can’t recommend this app enough, and Home Assistant in general if you dedicate the time to it.
Can’t believe that I waited so long!
For anyone who is considering getting into home automation or is already into automating their home, please consider using Home Automation. I made the switch about 2 weeks ago, and it is the best platform available. Not only is it open source, the user community is strong, and you are not beholden to Samsung, Google, HomeKit, though there are integrations to each if needed.
Keeping all of your data locally resolve privacy concerns, and significantly speeds up response time.
I’ve made the switch and have no plans on looking back!
A great app for Home Assistant. Design your interface on the computer with either the included buttons or get free addons to customize your experience further. Keeps it easy for beginners or advanced features for more tech-savvy types.
My biggest gripe with other smart home hubs like SmartThings are that I can’t change change the UI and unable to see all my sensors on one page. With the Home Assistant app, I was able to create custom buttons and display everything on the same page for an instant status of my house.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nabu Casa, Inc
- 36.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 The Home Assistant Authors
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.