Great new iPadOS support! Dark Mode, Multi-window, Side by side document edition!
TextEdit+ is an sleek and fast text editor for your iPad and iPhone. It's compatible with text editors that comes with macOS (TextEdit) & MS Windows (WordPad). It also supports any RTF, TXT, Markdown or LaTeX editor like Nisus Writer, MacDown or TeXStudio.
If you don’t write all the time, then you probably don’t need a full-featured word processor, such as Microsoft Word or Apple Pages. But you still may want a flexible tool for handling text. You know what? You already have one: TextEdit+.
TextEdit+ is your white, plain, blank sheet of paper that is always with you on your iPad or iPhone. Simple but very quick, easy to use and useful.
Also TextEdit+ can sync and share your documents across devices and your Mac or Windows computer via Files app or iCloud.
Multi-platform support: Mac, PC, Linux
- Open, edit, save documents created by hundreds of text editors with support for Rich Text Format files (RTF), Markdown, TeX and plain text files (TXT)
Easy to use interface. Distraction-free
- Less is more. No cluttered user interface. Just focus on your creation process not the tool.
Faster Typing with Keyboard Extension
- Quickly move around the cursor. Quick keys for tab, forward delete, up, down, left, right, etc. Customize our extended keyboard with your own keys.
- Easily create folders and subfolders for your projects and documents
- Personalise the cover of your folders
- Sync your documents across devices and computers and with TextEdit or Wordpad via Files app or iCloud Drive
- Email, print and open your documents from your mail or in other apps
Visual Rich Text Formatting
- Apply format, colours and style directly in your words, sentences and paragraphs
One Tap Formatting
- Bold, italic, underline, line spacing, highlight, indents, subscript/superscript, alignment, lists, type size, text and paper colors, etc.
- Syntax highlighting for Markdown and TeX documents
- Shortcuts for Markdown and TeX documents
International Typing support:
- Over 30 languages including right to left languages like Japanese, Chinese, Arabic and Hebrew
Instant Statistics and Counters
- Characters, words, syllables, reading time, sentences, average word length, Readability Index, etc.
Text to Speech and Dictacion support
- Hear your document read aloud
- Dictation lets you speak text instead of typing
- Find and replace words on the documents
- Export your work as PDF , RTF , RTFD, Plain Text , TeX, Markdown, PNG and HTML formats
TextEdit+ is the best choice for writing text documents right on your iPad.
-- Thanks for all the helpful feedback! Let us know via mail (email@example.com) if you run into any problems or have feature suggestions --- If you like TextEdit+, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps.
4.2.0- Fixed iCloud saving issue
- Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
Ratings and Reviews
This Does What I Want
I am glad to find that this app does the same things I do on TextEdit on the iMAC. It works with iCloud in the standard way. I don’t use it for fancy editing, just basic documents. It is the best I have found for rtf and rtfd. Minor issues: it is easy to put in tabs but only at std spacing and there is location called “ in Files App” that is a mystery to me, but I don’t have to use it.
I keep notes using TextEdit on my Mac and was looking for a way to edit them on my mobile devices. I use textedit’s Alt-Tab shortcut for creating bullet points and outlines and its Ctrl-K shortcut to link text to web pages. TextEdit+ rendering of the resulting RTF document was completely unacceptable: the indentation was incorrect, the spacing between paragraphs was way off, and links appeared with a leading “<“. And on top of that, the app claimed that it can’t edit the document because tables are currently not supported — even though my document doesn’t contain any tables. I very much regret having purchased this app, especially as expensive as this one.
Filled a huge need for me
I have been looking for a way to edit TextEdit files on iOS for a long time and waited to see if Apple would do it but they seem to be too focused on Pages. This app fills that need for me and it is a better solution for me than other text editors like Ulysses and Google Docs. Thank you and keep it up!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kairoos Solutions S.L.
- 99.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Kairoos Solutions SL
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.