PADDLING Magazine is the ultimate authority on all things paddling, whether you love kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding, whitewater or kayak fishing. Read amazing gear reviews and boat reviews, and be inspired to try new outdoor adventures, whether you enjoy day trips or multi-day camping tours. PADDLING Magazine captures the best personalities, trends and issues on the water. Using insightful features, helpful tips and world-class photography, PADDLING Magazine is sure to inspire you to get out and paddle.
Paddling Magazine Pricing:
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 11.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
The new version contains performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot download subscribed magazines
Subscribed to the magazine in December of 2019. Received 1 issue. It has since disappeared from my app. The developer of the app could not help and said to contact the publisher. They have been closed for a month and can not find the available downloads they stated are available during the shutdown.
I subscribed to Paddling mag a couple of weeks ago. Card got charged and confirmation was sent to my email immediately. I decided to access past issues since I’d not subscribed past two years. I can’t login- am told email can’t be found. Numerous attempts at customer service (email, call, Facebook) failed. The app team did eventually respond and gave me a couple of suggestions, neither worked. They said to contact the publisher. I called and was told everything was shut down. Obviously not everything. I understand COVID-19 is causing all kinds of shutdowns, but didn’t keep Rapid Media from taking my money. On my latest attempt to call, the opening remarks basically everything is shut down but then directed me to an extension. I left a message. The same as I did over a week ago. Nothing. Interestingly, in the recorded message, the guy said they have opened up free access to digital past issues. False- they have granted 2-5 minutes (yes, minutes) access to the issues. I tried it- barely got through the ads in that time. Ugh
On my I-pad there are non-existent links or links that don’t do anything. I click on the current issue magazine cover from a page with multiple issues shown and all that happens is that I get a single-page view of nothing but the cover - no navigational buttons or links.
I click on buyer’s guide and a very similar thing happens. I do get some filtering but that appears (on an I-pad) to be broken also.
I may be doing something wrong - but a well-written app should be designed so that it is easier to do the correct thing versus the wrong thing. It amazes me that if designs that I create on my job worked as well as some of these terribly designed web-sites I would no longer have a job. This is your job/profession - get it close to right. Have some folks who aren’t part of the design/development team test the product before you release it (on all common device types) and then users wouldn’t be the first to encounter usability issues.
I LOVE the print edition and the quality of that rates 5/5 or 10/10 but I am surely disappointed in the on-line product that I was really looking forward to using until the first issue of my resubscription comes.
I have been a subscriber since 2018.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rapid Magazine Inc.
- 41.6 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- ©Rapid Media Magazines
- In-App Purchases
- Paddling Magazine Subscription $12.99
- 2017 Buyer's Guide $2.99
- 2020 Buyer's Guide $2.99
- 2018 Buyer's Guide $2.99
- Spring 2019 $2.99
- June 2016 $2.99
- Fall 2017 $2.99
- 6 Months Subscription $6.99
- Trip Guide 2018 $2.99
- Spring 2018 $2.99