HeavySet is a gym log / workout tracker for weightlifting, bodybuilding and strength training. It has a simple interface which makes tracking workouts easy and efficient.
HEAVYSET AT A GLANCE:
- Supersets / Giant sets
- Preset rest timers per exercise
- Rep ranges
- Set ranges
- AMRAP sets
- Estimated duration
- Create based on previous workouts
- Import plain text routines for rapid routine building
- Export your routines as plain text and share with friends
WORKOUT / GYM LOG:
- Log using intelligent suggested values
- Progress charts track volume, Estimated 1RM, Reps, Sets, Max Weight
- Rest timer with presets and quick modifiers
- Tempo timer metronome
- Full exercise history with notes
- Plate calculator
- Auto-advancing exercises and super sets
- Personal record notifications for rep records, estimated 1rm, volume & more
- Deload intensity, volume or rest automatically
- View workout preview
- Automatically calculate weight using intensity and training max
- Local notifications when timers end
- View all current rep records for current exercise
- Easily add any exercise
- Notes for exercises
- Training max for weight calculation
- Unilateral exercise option (doubles volume in stats)
- Add a base weight / body weight
- Track assisted exercises
- Add exercises to volume groups
PERSONAL RECORDS / STATISTICS:
- Log of every rep record your have achieved
- Filter record log by rep amount
- Notifications during workout log
- Workout / weekly progress stats
DATA IMPORT / EXPORT:
- Automatic iCloud backup
- Export to CSV without upgrading
- Import (possible) any CSV format
- In-app FAQs
- Help videos
- In-app chat with developer (not always real time)
REAL USER REVIEWS:
- “It’s the best app for seriously tracking training I’ve ever seen.”
- “The auto population of weight and reps based on the previous set is a welcome feature”
- “Exceptional simple and easy to use. Whilst being very powerful. Couldn't recommend it enough.”
- “I would recommend any weightlifter to get this app.”
- “I’ve tried out Strong, Fitbod, and Stacked. Heavyset is far better than all of them.”
- “This one is the best! Practical, simple and you can focus on the workout itself instead of fussing about the app!”
- “I would recommend this gym log to anyone.”
- “HeavySet finally dethroned the old app as my workout tracker it has the perfect blend of ease of use in the gym and powerful analytical type features outside the gym.”
- “I have been using it for over a year now and am extremely happy with it. I use it to log all of my workouts.”
- “This is the best workout tracker on the market!”
- “Been looking for workout tracker that gave me the ability to build a custom workout with specific features like sets based on percentages of a training max. This fit the bill perfectly and has a beautiful UI.”
#1 BEST WORKOUT LOG APP (iOS) 2018 - Lifewire.com
“When you open HeavySet you'll find most everything is made just to delight you.
“Let's start with data entry. The buttons are just where they need to be and big enough not to miss even with shaking legs — or hands. What's more, you typically only have to tap once to log a set; HeavySet's smart predictions have already accomplished the, umm, heavy lifting.”
HeavySet is a free download but you will need to make an in-app purchase upgrade to get access to unlimited use. As a non-paying user you are limited in the number of times you can perform the routines you input. Routines created by importing, duplicating or other automated methods are also not available. Non-paying users may improvise as many workouts as they like.
The screenshots represent the app after the intermediate user level has been purchased.
- Enable Apple Health to sync your body weight with your workouts for additional statistics as well as sharing your workout data with Apple Health.
Removes automatic routine importing due to privacy concerns. Manual option still available.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lots of options to actually build your own programs that can be organized into folders and sub folders so that you can simply open one and the app will effectively step you through the session. These can be percentage dependent based on a training max that can be set manually or even updated automatically based on new rep records and e1RMs, all of which are tracked and logged in the history. You can create your own exercises and assign body parts to them so that you can track volume by body part, by session, by exercise, and by week. Nice graphs put this into a visual over time, and you can choose to track it by tonnage, reps, sets, etc. Of all the training apps I’ve tried, this one is easily my favorite mainly because of the flexibility it has to create your own routines. Hard to ask for anything better than this one. Seriously give it a try.
Awesome workout Log!
If you’re looking for a way to log your workouts for tracking and planning purposes, don’t look any further! Amazing... make sure to watch the video tutorials under the support tab. This will help understand how to use the app. It’s pretty involved and thorough and takes a little practice to master. But after setting up a few workouts, it’s very user friendly. Mid workout, you’ll be able to see past workout data for an exercise quickly and easily. You’ll be able to identify maximum reps for different weights used. You can setup supersets, giant sets, and more. Fantastic! A nice touch is the ability to also track your rest times, to ensure you at following correct rest periods, as well as monitor your tempo during an exercise.
I’ve come to love the app
HeavySet has become my go to app to log my workouts. I used to use Strong and tried out a few other apps, but since HeavySet was released, it’s the only app I’ve used to track my workouts. The UI is intuitive and organizing workouts is a breeze. The recent updates have only made it more compete with the addition of a plate calculator, which was the only thing it was really missing compared to the other apps. Minimal and beautiful, I enjoy using HeavySet during my workouts as much as I enjoy working out itself! Plus, for $5 to unlock all the apps features, it’s one of the cheaper, if not cheapest, paid apps with which to log workouts.
- Runloop Ltd
- 42.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Intermediate $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.