Get a head start for you research and finally beat the paper chaos on your desk. With Paperpile you have all your research PDFs in one place — nice and tidy. Paperpile makes it easier than ever to collect, manage, read, and annotate your papers.
FIND & COLLECT
- Search millions of papers from 20,000+ academic journals right in the app.
- Add new papers to your collection with one tap and the PDF will be downloaded automatically.
- Save directly from your browser to your Paperpile library
- User your university's off-campus proxy access to get restricted content behind paywalls.
MANAGE & ORGANIZE
- Bring structure to your library with folders and subfolders
- Organize your library visually with colored labels
- Mark important papers with stars.
- Search your library to find the paper you need fast.
READ & ANNOTATE
- Read like on paper with a fast and slick PDF viewer experience
- Highlight important sections in different colors
- Add notes and never forget an important idea.
- Add hand-drawn annotations - with your fingers or your Apple Pencil
The Paperpile App requires a Paperpile account.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is the best ref manager ever
Paperpile is the best reference manager ever. Over my 30 year career I’ve tried them all. Paperpile has features that none of the others do. I share papers with my collaborators, we work on documents together on google docs, and there’s no .doc files going around with titles like “Version 3.2.1a thursday afternoon” in email. It is so easy to load references and papers from google scholar that you don’t even have to worry about importing your old Endnote library, though you can with ease. I used the Chrome version on my office computer for several years, and was a beta tester of the iPad app. The developers constantly made the app better over the period of a year or so and the result is an easy to use, easy to navigate, iPad app that syncs flawlessly with your library at work. Try it, you won’t go back.
Best reference manager for scientists
Paperpile today is simply the best reference manager for researchers, having used Mendeley, Papers, Zotero, and BibDesk in the past. All aspects of the experience and the app are polished and functional. Adding new papers, downloading PDFs automatically through your university proxy, annotating / highlighting, and organizing your library all work seamlessly. The citation experience in google docs is excellent even with many users even when not sharing the same paper library. The latex experience via Overleaf could be improved a bit with some kind of automatic BibTex export, but overall it’s better than any of the alternatives. Highly recommended.
Best reference manager + editor
Have you struggled deciding between Zotero, Mendeley, Endnote on the one hand, and Adobe Reader, Notability, LiquidText on the other? Have you wished there was an app that allowed for the editing flexibility of the latter apps, while retaining an organized version of your literature review? Well... look no further. This app is just excellent. Ever since I discovered it, I immediately jumped into the beta version and it has been a blast. I’m so happy to see it now open for everyone else.
I would recommend to everyone who is into academia or research. Amazing!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.