Support, tip and tricks: http://www.orangepixel.net/forum/
Subscribe to our newsletter for new and exclusive content: http://orangepixel.net/subscribe
About the game
Meganoid is a challenging platformer, generating new levels on every play session. Find many items to enhance your character and his abilities while you descend down into the Meganoid space ship. Do you rush for the exit, or do you take your time to collect everything there is, barely escaping the security drones that will hunt you down if you linger.
- Levels randomly generated on every game session, based on a set of templates, making the levels unique but familiar at the same time.
- A platformer with “roguelike” elements. Consumables, alternate routes, procedural generation, and many devices and gadgets add depth to the challenging gameplay of the original Meganoid
- A lot of collectible items that will change the main character’s abilities to navigate the world. Find a jetpack to start flying around, find anti-gravity-boots to perform double jumps, and much more.
- Hidden bonus area’s to find and unlock. Often providing you with a short-cut or very rare and powerful items.
- A hackable game world. Finding green key-cards allows you to modify how certain elements of the game act and respond to you. Stop rocket-launchers from working, make rockets fly less far, make destroyed robots drop extra lives.
- Unlock the database with info on all the items and enemies you encounter to be better prepared on your next try.
In true Meganoid tradition, you’ll die a lot in many different ways, but you’ll learn to overcome the difficulties, learn how the Meganoid world operates, and eventually get to the bottom of it!
- fixed freeze issue
Ratings and Reviews
This is really great game. My only criticism is that I wish the zombie sounds weren’t present and there was music. Highly recommend it though. I also love SpaceGrunts by the same dev.
Extremely difficult platformer... obstacles kill you entirely too easily. (Eg spikes kill you if you just brush up against them once, which is too easy to do with crappy controls and random layout of levels) sometimes you respawn and then get killed by laser immediately because you spawned underneath a laser... bad
Little creature dots attack you and you usually have no space to maneuver so you die. Give the character some more health and I can see this platformer being better. As is, its entirely too difficult to be any fun.
If masochism is your thing, you’ll love this game. Otherwise, I’d wait till update that lowers difficulty
Controls are horrid. When you die over and over and can attribute 100% to controls that is not acceptable. Goes left wen I say right stands still when I say jump and just generally doesn't respond the way I want it tool at all on any level.
Hard is one thing. Being hard because you can't control anything is another thing completely.
- Pascal Bestebroer
- 86.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Orangepixel
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.