Gladys is a drag-and-drop shelf that holds things you want to set aside, such as links, text snippets, map locations, contacts, images, photos, emails, messages and much more (even if the application that the information came from is removed)
It works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, and helps keep you focused by letting you quickly set something aside, without having to consider where it needs to be dropped, or having to constantly switch between apps.
• Works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, but also provides an extension for apps that don't yet support it, as well as the ability to paste items to & from the clipboard.
• Quickly search for items inside the app or via Spotlight. Access your top items from the home screen / Today widget, your Apple Watch, and even iMessage.
• Annotate items with notes, custom titles, and tag items with labels that allow you to easily categorise, browse, and sort your collection.
• Take your collection with you on your iPhone, and keep it updated by turning on automatic iCloud syncing.
• Invite friends to keep items from your own collection in their own collections, and, if you give permission, even collaboratively annotate and edit them.
• Import/export/merge collection archives simply by dragging.
• Ideal for bookmarking between apps: For example you can quickly return to dropped email items by selecting 'Open' in their info view, quickly share links between different browsers, or use Siri shortcuts to copy often-used items to and from your clipboard.
• Experienced users can get details on dropped items and extract or modify specific data components (e.g. extract the URL of an image link, instead of the whole item, add a new image, or edit the title).
• Power users can use Gladys' data mirroring to view/edit items in-place from other apps, as well as exporting all items in a ZIP file for sharing.
• Technical users can inspect binary data using the in-built hex viewer, download items pointed to by web links, and even archive web pages.
• Contains no analytics, ratings prompts, or noise.
• Option to transcribe speech from dragged-in media items.
• Option to badge app icon with the number of items in the last-used window.
• Siri options for items look a little tidier now.
• This version and onwards requires iOS 14, in order to keep app and memory footprint to a minimum and take advantage of the latest OS features.
• Bugfixes and performance optimisations throughout.
This update corrects an issue with sizing info windows on iPad, as well as an option to explicitly select inline display for items dragged to apps that support inline displays.
Ratings and Reviews
Smooth, intuitive, extremely useful, and with a touch of nerdiness and personality to boot. I do wonder if the app has been abandoned... we're at nine months since the last update and there's still no automatic dark/light mode switching, which is pretty basic functionality at this point. Still stellar tho.
Update: Dev just addressed every last concern, including some new, long-awaited functionality on the macOS version. Made a great app better.
Developer Response ,
Hi, these are all excellent points, and thank you for your kind comments as well!
To answer your questions, Gladys is very much active, but has moved to a slower release cycle. However, the Gladys beta Testflight channel has been very busy indeed this past year, resulting in v1.3.0 just being released on the iOS and Mac App Stores, which of course includes the (admittedly much-delayed) proper dark mode support.
Future updates will not take as long to reach the App Store, but for those who prefer to stay on the cutting edge of the latest Gladys features with fast incremental updates, everyone is more than welcome to join the Gladys beta Testflight here: http://www.bru.build/gladys-beta-for-ios
the ipad app I’ve been looking for
I never, ever write reviews, but this app has pretty much eliminated my need for a laptop at work. I use my ipad for work and personal stuff. At work having it plus a laptop is clunky and redundant but I use functionality that Chrome for desktop provides. Now that I’ve found Gladys I can stop using the Macbook (at least for meetings) and rely solely on my ipad. This app offers so many features I’m kind of blown away. Thank you!!!
Amazing app and equally awesome support!
This app blows the several others I tried out of the water. And for $0.99 nonetheless! Yes, unlimited usage for 99 cents, most other apps with the ability to do what Gladys does costs far more and works far worse than Gladys. Better yet, I was having an issue restoring my purchase and Support got back to me within minutes with the commitment to work with me to get the problem fixed and a list of steps to troubleshoot with. And problem solved minutes after!
Very rare to find a great app, for 99 cents, with great support, and still be low-key enough to not be a popular app in the App Store.
I don’t write reviews on many apps (I’ve written like 2), but this one is warranted.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pavlos Tsochantaris
- 22.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2017-2021 Paul Tsochantaris
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Items $0.99
- Smile Tip $0.99
- Blush Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.