This War of Mine: Stories - Father's Promise
Original This War of Mine, one of the most successful indie titles of the last decade, provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle - that of civilians. Father's Promise is a standalone story-driven tale set in the universe of the original game.
It tells a story of family's struggle to preserve the last pieces of humanity in times of despair and cruelty. Become Adam - a father trying to save his daughter from the horrors of war and escape the besieged city. Follow their steps and discover a story of love, hate and sacrifice - the emotions we all share in the darkest of days.
The Father's Promise features:
- A harrowing storyline based on an audio-drama by famous Polish author, Łukasz Orbitowski
- Emotionally difficult experience - decisions that are often morally ambiguous
- Crafting, cooking, taking care of people - anything that helps to survive
- Locations exclusively made for this standalone expansion
- Remastered and enhanced visuals from the original This War of Mine
- issues with resolution and aspect ratio in new iPads and series 13 iPhones fixed
Ratings and Reviews
It’s not high content as original
This dlc is more heart wrenching than the original and has an unpredictable ending. It’s linear and the choices are limited. The focus is not solely based on guarding your shelter and upgrading. It’s a unique change of pace and objective. It lacks high replay value (ending is the same) and has minimal characters (mainly the main character in the shelter). I enjoyed the adventure of searching clues, exploring new areas and the different dialogue however the not many locations are available until you learn a new clue.
Great game but...
I thought the whole point of making this a separate app instead of adding it as dlc to the original game was because you improved the graphics? But clearly the iOS version is still watered down as there are ZERO rain effects. Why?? Any device with the A8 chip should have no problem handling the better graphics, and of course, the newest devices are even more powerful! There’s really no excuse for not making this port almost identical to the PC version.
Also, where is the other dlc story? Please tell me you plan on adding the other stories on iOS for purchase through this app.
DEVELOPERS PLEASE RESPOND: Glitchy Toy Store
I went to the toy store once and left on time, but I can’t even click in it when selecting my desired location to go to. This game had so much potential, and was really good, but I am stuck on one level, which is boring. The customer support is also not great. There is no way to talk to the developers other than just doing this, and I am not even sure if anyone will reply. (If they don’t I will give 1 star rating because my game would be broken and a waste of money.)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 11 bit studios s.a.
- 615.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 11 bit studios S.A.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.