* AI has improved further! Normal mode has been taken up a notch! We’ve also introduced Novice mode.
* You’ll now see a progress bar on the continue games screen so you can better gauge how much longer a player has before their turn is up
* Added the ability to friend players after you finish a match with them
* You can now save and resume pass and play games
* Fixed a bug where you couldn’t zoom in to see your crew
* Fixed bug where card backgrounds wouldn’t show up
* Fixed bug preventing users from viewing the tooltip for Valkyrie & Armour track info
* Fixed friend match bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Great Implementation of a Smart Worker Placement
I like the fancy graphics and the smooth drag and drop gameplay. The challenge mode was well done. The A.I. in normal mode gameplay could use a scalable difficulty as it’s a bit easy. Haven’t tried the pass-and-play yet, but glad to see it!
I’d like an easier way to see what each of the cards held in hand does, I can’t figure out how this can be done without “fake” playing the card and then undoing the action.
Absolutely incredible implementation, Online Bug breaks it
Truly one of the best digital renderings of a game. Personally, Agricola is one of the best if you're looking for reference, as the world isn't just a board, but rather has actual living, moving, life-like breathing rhythm to it. Raiders is just like it, but with better art. The UI is buttery smooth, and pretty intuitive, so great job. (ok digital renderings include: through the ages, which just looks a little clunky, bad includes: scythe, terraforming mars pre-massive update)
However, not a 5⭐️ for 1 reason: somehow, a lot of the live games online fall out of sync, up to one player actually being able to finish the game while the other is starting at one player not taking their turn...when in fact, the entire game is occurring. Until they fix this, there's a 50-50 chance you're game is pointless. Considering how social gaming is, and how with iPad you can FaceTime and board game over distance, online play for digital games is really becoming hyper-critical. As soon as you fix this, this app will go in the hall of fame!
Fantastic and Faithful to Board Game Version
Raiders of the North Sea is one of my very favorite board games and the app version is a faithful and accurate recreation. The gameplay is top notch, and the art, animations, and transitions are super smooth and immersive. One minor issue seems to be picking up and dragging workers was sometimes difficult - but it looks as though the developers have already addressed this issue in a patch.
Can’t recommend this game enough, and love that I can take it wherever I go!
- Dire Wolf Digital LLC
- 403.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Dire Wolf Digital LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.