The best way to enjoy all of your favorite Internet radio stations wherever you go.
⁕ In Your Pocket ⁕
Triode goes where you go with your iPhone and iPad. The elegant interface keeps your favorite stations right at your fingertips.
⁕ From Your Couch ⁕
Listen with our Apple TV app and use AirPlay 2 to listen anywhere in your home including HomePod.
⁕ In Your Car ⁕
Road trip, anyone? Enjoy your favorite stations while driving. CarPlay and Siri Shortcuts means no fumbling with controls.
⁕ At The Office ⁕
Triode brings one intuitive experience to all your devices, including your desktop computer.
⁕ Limitless Choices ⁕
Start with Our Picks – a curated roster of the best news and music from around the world. Just a tap to discover new sounds from New Orleans to London and beyond.
You can also search thousands of broadcast stations by genre, name, city, or call letters. Find your favorite iTunes Radio station or set up things manually using a URL if that’s your thing.
⁕ Sync Up ⁕
iCloud syncs your favorite stations seamlessly across every device. Handoff lets you move seamlessly between your iPhone & Mac so you won’t miss a beat or the latest news.
⁕ And More! ⁕
Supports Apple Music and iTunes Store:
• Learn more about an artist
• Purchase a streaming song
• Update your playlists
Listen Privately - No signup. We don’t want your email, phone number, or even an account. Nothing.
Presentation Mode - Tap to hide Triode’s controls for a distraction-free view. Tap again and they come back.
Looks Great Everywhere - From the iPhone SE to a Pro Max, Triode looks great. A universal app that’s designed with you in mind.
⁕ Free with No Ads ⁕
Triode is completely free to use. We don't put any ads in the interface or add them to the audio. An inexpensive subscription improves your experience with these options:
• Add Favorites - Your favorite stations are synced across all devices.
• High Quality Artwork - When available, album cover art is clean and crisp.
Triode is optimized for each platform you run it on: no web players masquerading as an app. Designed with full support for all the things that make Apple products great.
A single purchase gets you access to everything you see above.
Triode uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The subscription provides additional features like high-quality artwork and favorites. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
• Added setting to stay on stations list, making it easier to sample from your favorites. Tap on station artwork again for the Now Playing view. [Yay Jamie!]
• Improved reliability of connecting sound.
• Improved reliability of remote control (on lock screen, wired headphones, and AirPods.)
• Improved styling on search bar.
• Improved presentation of popover window in menu bar.
• A station that fails to play can now be removed from favorites.
• Improved reliability when switching AirPlay outputs.
• Improved detection of stream failures.
• Launching the app is a bit faster.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looks great, needs improvement in car
The app looks great but needs some improvement when used as a background in-car radio:
1. I have my car connected via Bluetooth. Sometimes, when I start the car, the app will start playing, but more often not. The needed functionality is seemingly there, but not always working.
2. When I pass tunnels or other regions with sketchy reception, the app stops playing, but it’s not resuming when I get the signal back. There’s a need to restart the audio (while driving). This is different from a regular radio that won’t naturally work in tunnels, but always resumes when in surface.
3. There’s a dialog box “can’t play that station” that is most definitely can’t be seen when the app is in the background (when e.g. navigation in foreground).
4. Sometimes I leave the car when the radio is not playing (stopped by itself) and walk 20 meters away. When I return (Bluetooth established) the app starts playing again.
5. The car “play” button sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. At times I can hear the chimes (great idea btw) but when I bring the app in the foreground it’s not trying to connect, as the play button is tappable.
Edit: thanks for your response, but my car is not equipped with Apple CarPlay.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback, we really appreciate it. Some of these issues can most likely be improved but some are due to bugs or deficiencies in CarPlay itself unfortunately. Apple's grip on what we as developers can do in CarPlay is super tight and restrictive. We'll keep trying to improve things there as much as we can however. Appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and for your rating. Enjoy!
Best radio app in the App Store
After using several others over the years, Triode comes in and takes the internet radio crown. It has art, syncs stations between devices (yay!), has a good search function, and does it all with an uncluttered, delightfully simple interface. It makes me happy every time I use it to play public radio while making coffee in the morning or playing some music to work or relax.
Triode has some UI oddities and needs a little more polish to make some of the interactions feel truly modern. An option for custom art from the web or any image file would be a nice touch too (some radio stations don’t provide a great default).
Since it’s at the top of a somewhat weak set of options in the App Store, it gets five stars. If the devs (thank you!) keep hammering away with regular updates, it could go from great to sublime.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it. The ability to customize station artwork is on the list to do for a future update. A bit tricky since this art you upload needs to sync across iOS, macOS and tvOS all at the same time. We want it too but its going to take a little work. In the meantime thanks for taking the time to review us, enjoy using Triode!
Very promising start...
I’ve been using TuneIn Pro for the past 3 years and I’m ready to move on. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of options out there that aren’t harvesting your data and infested with ads. I’ve just started using Triode and I’m seriously impressed, but I have a couple of questions before I purchase the lifetime subscription. Are there plans for a Watch app? Or is there a development roadmap available? When is the next update? It looks like 1.0 is already 6 months in and there haven’t been any further updates. Thanks n advance!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it. Triode was just released on Nov 14th, 2019. It's been in development for some time but 1.0 was just released. We have plans for improvements of course but are waiting to gauge demand before we decide on Apple Watch. Supporting 3 platforms simultaneously (TV, mac & iOS) is challenging as it is. Adding Apple watch would further slow development so the demand there has to be pretty high to consider it. All that said we're just getting started so stay tuned and thanks for using Triode.
- The Iconfactory
- 95.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Yearly Subscription $9.99
- Forever Purchase $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.